Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S and Model S Plaid Refresh Issues Thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
LR, arachnids

Anyone experience losing miles very quickly while driving? I am starting to notice it more and more. Just today I started with 170 miles, I drove (didn’t speed) 7.7 miles and had 150 remaining. Probably going to bring this up at an upcoming appointment. Y’all think it’s worth it?
I'd say AC, but see you are in SF. Hilly drive? Windy?

Totally my opinion, but feel like using the mileage display for anything other than a road trip will make you go crazy. It is re-calibrating constantly to try and give you an accurate representation, but it fluctuates a lot. Prefer the percentage and just charge it when it gets to a level that you need to recharge for the next day. Or charge it every night - there is no harm in that.

Reactions: omarsultan
Here are the front and rear passenger doors’ inside corners on a 2015 P90D:

View attachment 695958

View attachment 695959
And from my 2019 M3+. This is by design to drain moisture from between door skin and door innards.
14D11DD0-ECD4-4604-AD42-037E4F536AA5.jpeg

Having trouble setting up HomeLink on the LR. Anyone have any tips? Using D mode but doesn’t seem to learn the code properly each time I go through it. Anyone else having this issue.
It took us a few tries and tried both D mode and Standard mode. Finally were successful using standard mode (learning from remote) with the remote 2 inches from the "T" logo on the front. Also try pressing remote repeatedly instead of holding it down.

LR, arachnids

Anyone experience losing miles very quickly while driving? I am starting to notice it more and more. Just today I started with 170 miles, I drove (didn’t speed) 7.7 miles and had 150 remaining. Probably going to bring this up at an upcoming appointment. Y’all think it’s worth it?
A friend has the same issue, his local service center has the car now. It seems related to a firmware problem, he's told.

Hi friends, my passenger side tire started giving me notifications for low pressure and I found a nail. With tires and 21s, should I call Tesla service or just visit my local tire shop? Thanks in advance!

I just received my LR and a number of issues on delivery: passenger door not aligned and not closing properly, turn signal error, scratch on paint and driver seat makes a noise every time you put weight against the back. Pretty long list for a new car. Additionally it must have sat outside for a while. There is a film on the windshield I have not been able to get off even after multiple cleanings.
Try a Mr. Clean magic eraser on the windshield. I have used these for years to remove water scale and other things from the glass.

This works pretty good. Also works on PPF as well.

Mr. Clean magic eraser works great on this problem. They're cheap and can be used all over the house. Takes water scale right off glass shower doors too. I have a glass greenhouse inn the front of my dining room and the outside glass developed a bad film that my local glass guy said was etching from acid rain. He was using single edge razor blades and alcohol. But finally gave up. That's when I thought of the Mr. Clean pads that inueevinnmy shower doors. He tried one and got very excited. Hecsaid it was a whole new service he could start charging for. I also used them to remove water spots from the paint on a new Volvo I had just gotten that I parked near a sprinkler at a motel that used well water with a high mineral content. Use gently on the paint. It did not remove any paint that I could see and left the surface pristine with no signs of swirl marks or anything else. I did put a fresh coat of wax on afterwards.

I have noticed an odd vibration on the passenger side rear tire when I accelerate quickly in insane mode. It only happens with acceleration starting at low speeds and not with regular driving. Wondering if anyone else has noticed this. Tire is fine, no nails or other issues that I can see.

I tried to use launch control on my LR today. I was getting the two pedal pressed power reduced warning notification instead of getting cheetah stance and being able to launch. Has anyone had this problem?

After two weeks at the body shop getting the trunk closure fixed along with some trim issues with weather stripping and adjusting front passenger door and handle, Contessa came home last Friday. They replaced a few parts for the liftgate latch/striker as well as the center stop light assembly and in the process did remove/reinstall the rear glass at some point.

Two questions:
  1. Before going to the shop, FSD was working really well for my commute. Will I need to recalibrate my cameras? (I’m not sure where the cameras are)
  2. Did I get bypassed on the software update when she was offline at the shop? I’m still on 2021.12.25.5 and would love to have the parking features I’m seeing folks post about with the newer update. I have software updates set to “advanced” and the car is back on my home Wifi for last two days with no updates.

After two weeks at the body shop getting the trunk closure fixed along with some trim issues with weather stripping and adjusting front passenger door and handle, Contessa came home last Friday. They replaced a few parts for the liftgate latch/striker as well as the center stop light assembly and in the process did remove/reinstall the rear glass at some point.

Two questions:
  1. Before going to the shop, FSD was working really well for my commute. Will I need to recalibrate my cameras? (I’m not sure where the cameras are)
  2. Did I get bypassed on the software update when she was offline at the shop? I’m still on 2021.12.25.5 and would love to have the parking features I’m seeing folks post about with the newer update. I have software updates set to “advanced” and the car is back on my home Wifi for last two days with no updates.
I had mine in a shop for 3 weeks for PPF. Not sure if it was missed or just another of many problems. I had service appointment for 8/28/21 tried to add some addition items the updated being one and it can the 8/28 and pushed to 9/1. Of course trying to call anyone at Tesla is a waste of time.

Two questions:
@lurker131 Can you expound on the rear glass replacement? Why did you have it done (distortion down low where it meets the hatch)? Does the replacement glass have the same issue? @WilliamG

Does anyone know how long they usually stagger the update releases? I have been stuck on 2021.12.25 for sometime now and my kids are dying for Disney +
It is random and sporadic. And just because your neighbor (hypothetically) got it, does not mean you are. There are various variables in their deployment strategy. Almost as good as the previous estimated delivery date monkey.

• Funny
Reactions: msf804 and mc14