Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S and Model S Plaid Refresh Issues Thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sorry - shoulda been clearer.
They replaced the liftgate latch assembly and striker as well as the center high mounted stop light assembly. The glass had to be removed to replace these. They reinstalled the same piece of glass. I didn't have the distortion issue.

Strange tho -
I had the liftgate problem on my punchlist - like many folks here, my trunk did not open/close well and there were large gaps noted. I didn't know I had a stop light problem (I never drove behind myself...). Or - did it break during the trunk repair? I dunno

jebinc said:
@lurker131 Can you expound on the rear glass replacement? Why did you have it done (distortion down low where it meets the hatch)? Does the replacement glass have the same issue?

Not getting rear glass replacement (no point, they’re likely all this way). Getting windshield replaced for patches of distortion in my line of sight. @WilliamG

2 weeks came early! 😅😅

E316A330-6A98-454D-A79E-BC7A237E1FBC.jpeg

Okay, so noticed a few things:
  1. No car wash mode yet
  2. No ANC, at least not explicitly noted in the release notes
  3. Can't get autopark to work (also, autopark was not noted in the release notes)
Anyone on 2021.24.3 able to get autopark to work? I guess one person on YouTube has gotten it to work but on 2021.24.2 and here's what it's supposed to look like:

Hi All,

Just a quick update with a resolution to this issue that I posted earlier in this thread. Hopefully this will help someone.

The issue:
"The car seems to "stay on" much, much longer after I park in the garage than my 2020 Model S Performance did. Recently, it was still "running" two hours after a short, easy drive. Its gotta be a bug because I can go out, open the door and close it and it will finally "go to sleep" It's almost like it's still connected to my Tesla phone app or my fob that's in the house or something and it won't let the car go completely to sleep?"

The resolution:
I was keeping my fob in a drawer that's close to the garage/car. I tried moving my fob to a spot further away and voila, it now behaves like my old Model S and goes to sleep like it should!

Okay, so noticed a few things:
  1. No car wash mode yet
  2. No ANC, at least not explicitly noted in the release notes
  3. Can't get autopark to work (also, autopark was not noted in the release notes)
Anyone on 2021.24.3 able to get autopark to work? I guess one person on YouTube has gotten it to work but on 2021.24.2 and here's what it's supposed to look like:
That person is @omarsultan hahah. There’s seemingly reports that it’s gone from .3

Reactions: jebinc