Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S and Model S Plaid Refresh Issues Thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That could be very helpful to my SC. Would you mind telling me which SC in NJ you went to, what day it was and possibly the color of the gentleman’s plaid. Even though they suspect it’s a sensor problem they might be able to learn more from your SC. I would appreciate that very much.

Dropped it off to Springfield on Wednesday August 18th at ~8:30-9:00am. I believe his color was midnight silver or black. They definitely said it was a sensor problem but that the car is so new that there could not promise an ETA to fix the issue.

Reactions: impastu
How did you determine this?
Your home router likely has some basic network usage statistics. From my shitty Asus router:

1629733022373.png

Reactions: impastu and cwanja
A few issues I've found with my MS LR this week:

1. Water in the tail light, already have an appointment to get this fixed (I thought waterproof tail light technology had been figured out?)
2. Passenger rear door will open on its own when I put the car in park. Sometimes the door handle will stay popped out after the door is closed and I'm driving. After opening and closing a few times it usually "fixes" itself, but I've had it happen 3 random times now (nobody in the back seat).

Has anyone observed or heard of issue #2?

I feel like Tesla overcomplicates some of the easy stuff, give me door handles and turn signals and keep working on FSD!

anyone elses plaid arrive with a "part missing" according to your SA? down here in florida, one of the first orders. been a month since the car arrived and its in the shop still for whatever reason being worked on by technicians.
@pretendgnome Yes, mine was missing the parcel shelf, the false trunk floor and the left cargo cubby lid. Others have reported the same, including missing floor mats and wheel wheel liners! For mine, I just had them rob the parts from a bastard car in the lot that was sitting there for many weeks. And they did!

I had a problem with dashcam recording for exactly 59 minutes after I exited car. Also, there was no preview of videos in dashcam viewer. This started with 24.3. After 24.4 that was corrected. Now though sentry does not activate when I exit vehicle. Checked settings and all looked good. Want to avoid rebooting as everything else is working been than it ever has. Anyone else have sentry not starting automatically?

Yes, very frustrating…
At one point nothing in theatre was starting when selected. They pushed an update again to me and it fixed that issue. I have strange folding mirror issues. Seems as though when you have something set and then delete or log out it is gone but the setting wasn’t deleted within the firmware. Had same problem with homelink until last update.

What are you all seeing for range with the Model S Plaid? I’m seeing pretty terrible range in mine (21” wheels), at least if we go via the battery percentage drop.

e.g. I left the house at 93% (set to 90 but it charged to 93% because….buggy software or whatever). It dropped to 59% as I arrived home (34% used, therefore). After just 69 miles of driving like a grandma! Average over that 69 miles is 305Wh. And only 21kWh used. If 34% battery is 21kWh, the math doesn’t make sense that this is a 100kWh battery… I was parked with sentry on for about 3 hours before coming home.

Thoughts/data, anyone? If we go by kWh used I’m on target for ~340 miles for a full battery. Via the percentage display I’m only on target for a little over 200 miles. Something is not right here…
Just did a 1200 mile road trip in my Plaid. Mostly Highway at 75-85mph - sometime faster. 85-105F outside AC doing a fine job. Average consumption for the whole trip was 331Wh. I did as much as 260 miles on one charge, going from 95% to 7%. This would give it an approx. 98kWh capacity. Safe to say that the current accessible capacity is very close to 100kwh.

Charges way faster than the 2020 Model Y it replaced and cut out 2 stops on the same route (600miles one way, now 2 stops). Hit a 250kw charger and saw 900mi/hr added in the lower end. Pretty cool.

Oh bummer, I've already slapped on 2,500 miles. I'll probably still try though and see what they say.
Just a heads up to those who haven't taken delivery yet. My SA said the 100 miles thing is region/SC specific. In my case, the SC can afford the time at delivery, so they want issues reported before accepting the car. Just one SA at one SC - YMMV.

Dropped it off to Springfield on Wednesday August 18th at ~8:30-9:00am. I believe his color was midnight silver or black. They definitely said it was a sensor problem but that the car is so new that there could not promise an ETA to fix the issue.
Thanks I’m bringing it in on Wednesday and I’ll give them this info. Really appreciate it.

Car goes in tomorrow morning for the new windshield (ripple distortion) and to somehow fix the dent in the front grille. Not sure how they’re going to do that without a part order (not listed in the standard invoice they send before service). Maybe they can un-dent it, who knows…
@WilliamG Are you getting it back same day, or next morning? Good luck!