Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S and Model S Plaid Refresh Issues Thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
i would update what the SC says. The car has 15 miles on it. i haven't even taken delivery. if its a battery pack issue i would want them to replace it before i take delivery.
my concern is if they say its just SW issue and not battery pack, how would i know the issue whatever it is- is fixed for good? how to check?
You discharge the battery and check range then recharge and check range.

• Informative
Reactions: 1020hp
.....It get better!
I've set the car to charge to 100% on my 80A HPWC. The charge rate began to taper from 40A at 23% SoC. At this time, The car has 25% SoC and is charging at 2kW (10A)
I suspect the charging will stop at 27% and I will not be able to charge the pack any further.

FYI, I briefly interrupted the charge in case the handle was not pushed in all the way, so that reset the "added" counter.

My Pack is Done.

Hopefully I can get a new one pretty quick, cause 80mi of range is not going to cut it for me. 😑

Edit, it stopped charging at 26%. It's Dead.

View attachment 712908

Sounds like a dead module. Does Dyno mode display all the string voltages so you can determine which one, like SMT does?

You might want to park the car outside, in case it goes full Bolt on you...

Sounds like a dead module. Does Dyno mode display all the string voltages so you can determine which one, like SMT does?

The car is unlikely to go full Bolt. And sadly, as of 2021.32.10, the Dyno Mode data is not available anymore as Tesla plugged that “leak.” Only on 2021.32.5 and earlier can you access that data. That’s why I haven’t updated the car past 32.5 quite yet. I’ll update when the new battery shows up, and if Tesla service hasn’t updated it themselves (I asked them not to when the car goes in). I’d just like to see some data before updating, if possible…

i would update what the SC says. The car has 15 miles on it. i haven't even taken delivery. if its a battery pack issue i would want them to replace it before i take delivery.
my concern is if they say its just SW issue and not battery pack, how would i know the issue whatever it is- is fixed for good? how to check?
They could have simply said nothing and swept it under the rug, and they did not, so I would assume good intent. Every BMS error doesn't mean a dead pack, so see what they say.

Last edited:
Reactions: impastu and 1020hp

Yeah, it would not take more than 29% charge, the next day I dropped it off at the SC. It's been there since Thursday and I'm told 2 weeks before a new pack shows up.

Reactions: impastu
The car is unlikely to go full Bolt. And sadly, as of 2021.32.10, the Dyno Mode data is not available anymore as Tesla plugged that “leak.” Only on 2021.32.5 and earlier can you access that data. That’s why I haven’t updated the car past 32.5 quite yet. I’ll update when the new battery shows up, and if Tesla service hasn’t updated it themselves (I asked them not to when the car goes in). I’d just like to see some data before updating, if possible…

Hell, I have not updated since last year. Not missing a thing as far as I can tell.

I understand the CANbus cable is on the passenger side of the center console. Suggest get SMT app or equal and an adapter and reader. No way should you let Tesla get away from hiding battery and performance data.

FWIW, the SvC seems hard wired to ignore requests not to update, at least in my case.

Put in a service appointment for the worm in the Yoke and wrinkles/creases in the seats, and just received appointment confirmation.

the service estimate shows they plan on replacing the yoke, but they are only going to steam the wrinkles/creases. Not sure if the steaming is really going to help.
527DB5D9-FD1E-4188-BA54-F9808C1F2CB5.jpeg
4075ED52-9835-4656-AA14-E10DE6919E50.jpeg

Put in a service appointment for the worm in the Yoke and wrinkles/creases in the seats, and just received appointment confirmation.

the service estimate shows they plan on replacing the yoke, but they are only going to steam the wrinkles/creases. Not sure if the steaming is really going to help.
View attachment 715738View attachment 715739
thanks for sharing can you please post pics before and after. The community will thank you :)

thanks for sharing can you please post pics before and after. The community will thank you :)
Yes, definitely would like to see before and afters. I am also very curious as if they have a solution to the yoke worm. My guess is that every yoke has this, but maybe to varying degrees. As I have said in another thread, I definitely have the worm on my 2018 75D, and did not notice, nor look for it, until I heard the reports here. Photo below (forgive the dirt).

Worm.jpg

So their plan for the bunched up and stitched seat material is to hit it with steam? That’s only going to make it worse! Solutions are: 1) pull out the stitching, pull the material tight and restitch (not practical) or 2) replace the seat (expensive).
you can easily shrink up the vinyl to remove these wrinkles in a few different ways, including using a steamer, applying hot, wet towels, or using a heat gun. Heat gun i do not recommend

View attachment 715738View attachment 715739
I firmly believe it’s not worth your time having the yoke replaced. They all have the worm. As for the wrinkles, a steaming might sort it. How I wish my own car only had these issues. 🤣