Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S and Model S Plaid Refresh Issues Thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ok guys...Took delivery of MYLR last night in the dark. Looking at the car this morning, around the bumper seams and the lights
there appears to be a white residue gunky stuff. Like they ripped off the protectant film and this stuff was left over.

Anyone figure out an easy way to get this off without scratching the car??
I assume that was at Raintree. I would drive it back over there and ask them to clean it. Should not take more than a couple minutes and they will have the correct solvent.

Holy *sugar*. Man, wtf. Well, keep us updated! Would love to see another video if you have time to see what they fixed or how much they could fix!
Still haven't had time to make a video, but here's the updates:
- They replaced the driver side window for the residue in the glass issue
- They replaced the entire windshield for the motor whine noise saying it was a seal assembly issue
- They put a tape on the metal latch on the rear seat (see attached picture) to get rid of the rattling noise (one of the two). Still have the high-pitch noise when going over bump which they will address next week...
- They ordered the dashboard to replace next week to fix the tear and residue issue
- They claimed the squeaky noise of the black plastic trims is normal
- They have scheduled an appointment with the body shop for end of October to fix all the paint issues...

Overall, I'm pretty happy that they took time to go through all the issues with me and are willing to fix most of them the best they can...

Attachments

• IMG_0166.JPEG
    IMG_0166.JPEG
    728.7 KB · Views: 105
Picked up my Plaid yesterday. I really didn't notice any manufacturing issues except the infamous yolk worm. All bits and pieces were there. I can't believe that they only include the 120V charging adapter for home. Their cost for the 14-50 adapter must be very minimal, and should Tesla should have included it for such an expensive vehicle. Fortunately, I still have the 14-50 charging cable from my old Tesla, so that will do for now until I can buy a 14-50 from the Tesla shop. I need to take a closer look for any other fitment issues once I stop being starry-eyed over the crazy performance of this thing.

Now, my issue... Connecting to the car from my App, Navigation, Autopilot, Bluetooth, Infotainment, Homelink setup, Profiles, etc. were working perfectly driving home and after I got home from the delivery center. The display kept nagging me for a software update, so I decided to let it update. Ugh, big mistake!!! After 2021.32.22 finished installing, I can no longer connect to the car from my App. Also, all settings (Homelink, Profiles, Bluetooth phone, Driving, Key programming, etc.) were erased. Streaming Music no longer works - only Slacker and Spotify are displayed, but Slacker "Use Tesla Account" doesnt work at all. Voice commands no longer work. Autopilot doesn't work claiming not supported in this region (I'm in California), and I have an alert with an error UI_a010 complaining about Navigation unavailable - Service is required. I was able to re-pair my phone to the car, so it will unlock/lock the car and let me drive - but nothing else from the App works, and it continually shows the spinning circle and Last seen xx hours ago. I scheduled a Mobile Service for tomorrow. Hopefully they can sort out what happened. At least the car drives and I can enjoy the performence 😜. Anybody else having this issue?

Ok guys so I'm about 20 hours into taking delivery of my MYLR. This afternoon I've noticed:

1) corners of the front windshield have a distored rippled look when looking in the distance. This is much more noticable when
driving. I think the front passenger window has the same issue too. Anyone had this issue? Am I crazy here?

2) I washed the car - it was DUSTY from pickup. I see over spray on the rear bumper.

I already have a case in for remote service to come out tomorrow to look at my sticky drivers handle so I'm not sure how to
add these issues? I guess I'll have to call them,...

Here's some pics of my back bumper and lower trunk: I see what appears to be paint over spray or some ripple effect on the bottom of the trunk and rear bumper. It's very uneven and blotchy as per the pics. It looks BAD. The car is NOT dirty. Prior to these pics I just wiped the spots off with a microfiber cloth and water in case it was dirt or some film of some sort. This was not visible in the dark last night when I picked up the car (which was really dirty anyways).

Sent the pics to Tesla and waiting to hear back.

Attachments

• IMG_0116.jpg
    IMG_0116.jpg
    575.5 KB · Views: 84
  • IMG_0117.jpg
    IMG_0117.jpg
    518.4 KB · Views: 76
  • IMG_0118.jpg
    IMG_0118.jpg
    704.6 KB · Views: 82
  • IMG_0119.jpg
    IMG_0119.jpg
    596.9 KB · Views: 75
  • IMG_0120.jpg
    IMG_0120.jpg
    748.7 KB · Views: 91
Picked up my Plaid yesterday. I really didn't notice any manufacturing issues except the infamous yolk worm. All bits and pieces were there. I can't believe that they only include the 120V charging adapter for home. Their cost for the 14-50 adapter must be very minimal, and should Tesla should have included it for such an expensive vehicle. Fortunately, I still have the 14-50 charging cable from my old Tesla, so that will do for now until I can buy a 14-50 from the Tesla shop. I need to take a closer look for any other fitment issues once I stop being starry-eyed over the crazy performance of this thing.

Now, my issue... Connecting to the car from my App, Navigation, Autopilot, Bluetooth, Infotainment, Homelink setup, Profiles, etc. were working perfectly driving home and after I got home from the delivery center. The display kept nagging me for a software update, so I decided to let it update. Ugh, big mistake!!! After 2021.32.22 finished installing, I can no longer connect to the car from my App. Also, all settings (Homelink, Profiles, Bluetooth phone, Driving, Key programming, etc.) were erased. Streaming Music no longer works - only Slacker and Spotify are displayed, but Slacker "Use Tesla Account" doesnt work at all. Voice commands no longer work. Autopilot doesn't work claiming not supported in this region (I'm in California), and I have an alert with an error UI_a010 complaining about Navigation unavailable - Service is required. I was able to re-pair my phone to the car, so it will unlock/lock the car and let me drive - but nothing else from the App works, and it continually shows the spinning circle and Last seen xx hours ago. I scheduled a Mobile Service for tomorrow. Hopefully they can sort out what happened. At least the car drives and I can enjoy the performence 😜. Anybody else having this issue?
2021.32.22 is pretty solid, so maybe you just need to do a reboot...

anyone getting the front passenger restraint failure notice every, say, 12 seconds like I suddenly am?
I had it from minute 3 after taking it out of the delivery lot and it was with me for 15 days. SC fixed. Took them 24 days lol. More to say, they did not change anything. Took off a few airbags, impact sensors, check all wires and connectors. Cleaned up all connectors. Since that, I have not seen the error.

Reactions: impastu
- They replaced the entire windshield for the motor whine noise saying it was a seal assembly issue
- They put a tape on the metal latch on the rear seat (see attached picture) to get rid of the rattling noise (one of the two). Still have the high-pitch noise when going over bump which they will address next week...
The Model 3 had a problem with high pitch whine, too. It turned out that on many cars, the motor grounding straps weren't securely attached to the frame. The way you describe the sound is exactly like it is in the 3. I had the whine, and tightened the ground strap on the rear motor myself. Whine went away.

It might be worth your time to ask them to check the ground straps on all motors and make sure they are good and tight.

Ok guys so I'm about 20 hours into taking delivery of my MYLR. This afternoon I've noticed:
Just a heads up, saying "MY LR" makes it seems like you are referring to a Model Y Long Range not MY (your) Model S LR. Add to the confusion that you have a Model Y in your signature.

With regards to your issue - have you tried a deep clean foam bath? Looks more like hard water spots. Had it before, even on my ceramic coated Model S. Takes some elbow grease to scrub (gently) away.

Reactions: tbaud
2021.32.22 is pretty solid, so maybe you just need to do a reboot...
Not sure how solid this is, it seems to re-introduce the factory reset bug.

Mobile service had to reset the "heartbeat" between the mobile app and the car for me when it did it earlier this year. Might be a similar issue, but seems like it is blowing out the internet connectivity. Sucks that they fail to fix this.