Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S and Model S Plaid Refresh Issues Thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sigh...went to take someone out for some launches today and got these two error messages. They are "green", so the car seems like it should be drivable until next month, which is the soonest service appointment. I think my car is getting back at me for 3 weeks of granny drives to get my safety score up.

View attachment 730487View attachment 730488
Got the same errors when I go into Drag strip mode. Still 2 weeks to go until my SC appointment.

• Informative
Reactions: omarsultan
Can you please advise if I'm crazy? I picked up my Model S LR September 19th and did a opened a ticket a few hours later. The pickup was at the factory in Fremont, so it was hand's off with no-one to assist. I reported 10 total issues of which these three have had the most unsatisfactory remedy in my opinion. My service started 11/2 and I'm told my car is ready for pickup now, but they cancelled my Uber credits just to put me in a special mood:

• #3 on the invoice - Tire swap. Car was delivered with summer tires in spite of SA promising via text message (writing) that it will be delivered with all season. I provided evidence of the text after being asked. The reply from Tesla service is "Education" and they were kind enough not to charge me.
  • #8 missing floor mats. The car was delivered without floor mats. Remedy is again "Education" and once again they were kind enough not to charge me.
  • #10 second row seat buttons don't function properly. Here Tesla spent 30 minutes to test my car and other MS cars and confirmed that I'm wrong. They are charging me $105 for the information.
  • Finally, they ignored the issue I reported of the 2nd row pull-down not coming unlatched most of the time even though I showed the tech how to make it repeat.
Any advice on what to do?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-11-08 at 11.56.55 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-11-08 at 11.56.55 AM.png
    176.5 KB · Views: 63
  • Screen Shot 2021-11-08 at 11.59.41 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-11-08 at 11.59.41 AM.png
    37.2 KB · Views: 59
Reactions: impastu
Can you please advise if I'm crazy? I picked up my Model S LR September 19th and did a opened a ticket a few hours later. The pickup was at the factory in Fremont, so it was hand's off with no-one to assist. I reported 10 total issues of which these three have had the most unsatisfactory remedy in my opinion. My service started 11/2 and I'm told my car is ready for pickup now, but they cancelled my Uber credits just to put me in a special mood:

• #3 on the invoice - Tire swap. Car was delivered with summer tires in spite of SA promising via text message (writing) that it will be delivered with all season. I provided evidence of the text after being asked. The reply from Tesla service is "Education" and they were kind enough not to charge me.
  • #8 missing floor mats. The car was delivered without floor mats. Remedy is again "Education" and once again they were kind enough not to charge me.
  • #10 second row seat buttons don't function properly. Here Tesla spent 30 minutes to test my car and other MS cars and confirmed that I'm wrong. They are charging me $105 for the information.
  • Finally, they ignored the issue I reported of the 2nd row pull-down not coming unlatched most of the time even though I showed the tech how to make it repeat.
Any advice on what to do?
Can’t comment on all things, but the rear seats don’t fold down automatically. It’s a manual job.

Does it seem reasonable for Tesla to charge me $105 to tell me that?
Jeez, they charged you for that? That's amateur hour, even for Tesla Service.

Had a scare today, the passenger side repeater camera stopped working when put in reverse. However, I noticed that it was working in dashcam recordings. A quick soft reset (hold both scroll wheel buttons down for ~5 s until screens go black) resolved it. Still not happy with a few very minor things re: the rubber seals around the doors, but at this point I'm over it. Tesla has won this war of attrition.

Seems like a mistake them charging you. I have had this happen before. If you tell them you just picked up the vehicle and this was the first service for fit and finish I’m sure they will remove. Based on my previous experience of course
Jeez, they charged you for that? That's amateur hour, even for Tesla Service.
Can you confirm if they are no longer offering floor mats as standard on the MS? That was another item listed as "Education". Edit to say "floor mats"

Last edited:
Reactions: impastu
They do not come with mudflaps of any kind. You only get a small piece of rear PPF.
Sorry, I misspoke. I meant to say floor mats (I edited it above)! As an update, I spoke to the manager of my service advisor in Dublin on the issues and he did a long double-speak about how is in charge but how he has now idea and needs to research and call me back in a day or so.

Then I called Fremont and spoke a manager in their service department. Jeff was extremely helpful and went point by-point with me on the issues and said they should all be resolved in my favor. He is messaging the Dublin center and 🤞I think this will be resolved reasonably. At least it helps to talk to someone who is reasonable! I'll update once I get the car back.

I swear to god it originally said something like "folds flat at the press of a button"
You're absolutely right! Of course if you look at the MY, the exact same buttons are in the same place. One on the back of the seat, and one on the back of the hatchback. The hatchback one drops the seats - "at the press of a button". But no such luck on the MS.

Well, it is of little consequence most of the time. But it that little annoying (OCD) thing where we know how it was designed to work - look at the MY - and we see it doesn't work that way. Hopefully they'll fix it for the '22 MS so we can be in that "special" group.;)

You're absolutely right! Of course if you look at the MY, the exact same buttons are in the same place. One on the back of the seat, and one on the back of the hatchback. The hatchback one drops the seats - "at the press of a button". But no such luck on the MS.

Well, it is of little consequence most of the time. But it that little annoying (OCD) thing where we know how it was designed to work - look at the MY - and we see it doesn't work that way. Hopefully they'll fix it for the '22 MS so we can be in that "special" group.;)
Yep. The buttons in the trunk are utterly pointless. If you’re still going to have to lean in to push the seats down you might as well just push the damn buttons on the back of the seat!

Pretty much guaranteed this gets addressed in a mid-model refresh etc.

I read through many pages of this thread but didn't see and answer. Just picked up my MSLR on Saturday. I noticed that my driver airbag light is constantly on while driving. This doesn't inhibit turning on autopilot like it would in pre-refresh which makes me think it could be software and I am on an old version 2021.31.xxx. Has anyone else experienced this issue?
Mine is in for that right now. Report was that the connector in the steering column was ‘soft set’ which is Teslaspeak for it came unplugged. I have read other cases of the same cause.

Reactions: T-Racer and impastu