Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S and Model S Plaid Refresh Issues Thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sorry, I misspoke. I meant to say floor mats (I edited it above)! As an update, I spoke to the manager of my service advisor in Dublin on the issues and he did a long double-speak about how is in charge but how he has now idea and needs to research and call me back in a day or so.

Then I called Fremont and spoke a manager in their service department. Jeff was extremely helpful and went point by-point with me on the issues and said they should all be resolved in my favor. He is messaging the Dublin center and 🤞I think this will be resolved reasonably. At least it helps to talk to someone who is reasonable! I'll update once I get the car back.
Floor mats are included.

They are delivering MS's without mats, cargo covers, trunk lids, etc because they want to deliver the cars before waiting for those to get in stock and instead asking customers to come back to get those post-delivery. The rationale is that customers prefer to get an incomplete car now than a complete car later. Well that, and it's beneficial for Tesla's cash cycle.

Weird issue. Need help.
Got my Model S Plaid 9/30 software version 2021.32.22. Did FSD beta request. Maintained score of 99. Got 5 emails so far that they are pushing 10.3.1 shortly but r never got anything on car. I knew something was not right as everyone who got email, downloaded the software within minutes while I had no option to download and everything is uptodate per car/app. 750+ miles
Chatted with some one from tesla service on website- they took my vin and said they can see the software updates waiting to download but touchscreen is not communicating with it. I was told to do touchscreen reboot and then power cycle and if they don’t work schedule service appointment. I tried nothing worked still on same version. Scheduled service appointment for this Friday. Anyone had similar issue. No other issues with functioning of car.

Weird issue. Need help.
Got my Model S Plaid 9/30 software version 2021.32.22. Did FSD beta request. Maintained score of 99. Got 5 emails so far that they are pushing 10.3.1 shortly but r never got anything on car. I knew something was not right as everyone who got email, downloaded the software within minutes while I had no option to download and everything is uptodate per car/app. 750+ miles
Chatted with some one from tesla service on website- they took my vin and said they can see the software updates waiting to download but touchscreen is not communicating with it. I was told to do touchscreen reboot and then power cycle and if they don’t work schedule service appointment. I tried nothing worked still on same version. Scheduled service appointment for this Friday. Anyone had similar issue. No other issues with functioning of car.

Definitely are contemporaneous reports of software version freezes that require some sort of firmware upgrade from device tech to clear up the pipes. Sort of like a rota rooter.

I swear to god it originally said something like "folds flat at the press of a button"
It did:
1636433936786.png
1636433936786.png

Last edited:
How quick was the fix?
Fix was within one day. The car is in longer because the passenger seat at delivery has 'crinkle' in the ribbing around the backrest so they ordered me a new seat that will be in before the end of the week. I have a loaner 70D called 'Endeavour' that I want to rename 'Pokey' compared to my LR ! I think the SRS errors are well known and where I have read about them, it came down to the connector in the steering column or under a seat (yellow connectors).

Reactions: impastu
Just curious how many with problems would have still bought this car knowing what you know now?
Seem almost overwhelming.
I have a 2019 performance 3. It’s been almost a perfect car.
Great question. Same experience with my 2019 3P as you. The S has been bitterly disappointing. 3 months in and still fighting to get things fixed that were broken day one.

Yep. The buttons in the trunk are utterly pointless. If you’re still going to have to lean in to push the seats down you might as well just push the damn buttons on the back of the seat!

Pretty much guaranteed this gets addressed in a mid-model refresh etc.
I like those buttons--easier to get to when you already have stuff I the back.

I know this is hacky as hell, but couldn’t one conceivably put springs between the seat and the area where they latch, such that when the button is pressed to release the latch, there is enough force in the spring to push the seat forward - just enough for gravity to take over and fold the seat flat?
That’s exactly what I wrote on the previous page haha

When I get mine that’s what I’m going to try

Reactions: impastu