Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S and Model S Plaid Refresh Issues Thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Took delivery of my Plaid 8 days ago, all was fine until this morning. Several days earlier I drove several hours north and stayed there for the weekend. Woke up to 4" of snow, thankfully had my winter tires installed. The IC kept throwing multiple error messages:

Cruise control disabled
Steering assist reduced
Traction control disabled
Stability control disabled
Regenerative braking disabled
Adaptive ride control degraded
Automatic vehicle hold disabled
Automatic emergency braking disabled
Lane Departure Avoidance features unavailable,

So there I was, my first driving experience in the snow with all safety features disabled. Tried a reboot, a power off, nothing helped. Booked a service appointment 5 days from now but hoping something can be done sooner.

A quick search showed the same issue happened to others, including Model 3. Some say it was fixed by a firmware update, others had the problem re-occur after several service visits. Someone mentioned it happens every time it rains.

Does anyone now what the cause and solutions are? This really sucks.

Yes.. My car does the same.. When you open the door it turns the main computer on, when you press the brake it turns powers all the systems.. If you push the brake too soon after opening the door ex. (putting your foot on the brake as you climb in).. it can cause a glitch between the 2 systems loading.. Just give it a second or 2 before you press the brake.. The is a new pump actuator part thats come out that apparently fixes this.. I have my service scheduled to do the install once the part comes in as ive caused this error multiple times. The trick to reset it is to let the car full into a deep sleep (takes about 20-30 min) and it will reset back to normal.. Good luck!

Yes.. My car does the same.. When you open the door it turns the main computer on, when you press the brake it turns powers all the systems.. If you push the brake too soon after opening the door ex. (putting your foot on the brake as you climb in).. it can cause a glitch between the 2 systems loading.. Just give it a second or 2 before you press the brake.. The is a new pump actuator part thats come out that apparently fixes this.. I have my service scheduled to do the install once the part comes in as ive caused this error multiple times. The trick to reset it is to let the car full into a deep sleep (takes about 20-30 min) and it will reset back to normal.. Good luck!
So how do you put the car into "deep sleep"

@dlfjed It does seem these Plaid’s are in for repair/ awaiting to get in for repair, more than not. Mine has been problematic since delivery on 8/13. Most recently, both front half shafts were replace (last week). Next service appointment is next week. Lastly, all these appointment are for operating issues, and not cosmetic ones. I won’t even bother bringing it in for gaps, misaligned interior trim, shaking side mirrors, yoke worms, wavy/distorted rear and side glad, etc. etc.
What’s Tesla doing about your lemon?
Did they even say that?
You obviously have a very broken car.

Noticed today, my driver's gauges have dust on the INSIDE. Are these not sealed? Will it get worse? How much of the dash has to be disassembled? My car is creak/squeek free, I do not want to risk them pulling the dash and causing more issues

On the old S, the MCU2 upgrade came with new driver's gauge. It was done in a day, so if similar should not be all that intrusive nor difficult for the Service Center.

Reactions: cwanja
Interesting tidbit, thanks. Searching online it looks to be caused by a fault with an ABS wheel speed sensor. When I brought my car into service this afternoon I asked if that was the problem and they said it was quite likely. Will post my findings when I get my car back, hopefully tomorrow.

Reactions: impastu
Took delivery of my Plaid 8 days ago, all was fine until this morning. Several days earlier I drove several hours north and stayed there for the weekend. Woke up to 4" of snow, thankfully had my winter tires installed. The IC kept throwing multiple error messages:

Cruise control disabled
Steering assist reduced
Traction control disabled
Stability control disabled
Regenerative braking disabled
Adaptive ride control degraded
Automatic vehicle hold disabled
Automatic emergency braking disabled
Lane Departure Avoidance features unavailable,

So there I was, my first driving experience in the snow with all safety features disabled. Tried a reboot, a power off, nothing helped. Booked a service appointment 5 days from now but hoping something can be done sooner.

A quick search showed the same issue happened to others, including Model 3. Some say it was fixed by a firmware update, others had the problem re-occur after several service visits. Someone mentioned it happens every time it rains.

Does anyone now what the cause and solutions are? This really sucks.
Took my car into service yesterday, expecting something minor. Got notification in the app that "We will be replacing the coaxial harness for your Tesla. It has been ordered and should arrive Monday. We will reach out to you as soon as it arrives and repairs can be completed".

So after a brief 8 days of ownership, car will be in the shop for at least a week:(

• Informative
Reactions: impastu
Took my car into service yesterday, expecting something minor. Got notification in the app that "We will be replacing the coaxial harness for your Tesla. It has been ordered and should arrive Monday. We will reach out to you as soon as it arrives and repairs can be completed".

So after a brief 8 days of ownership, car will be in the shop for at least a week:(
Well the good thing is nothing else should go wrong for at least a week!!!!

Quick update on my "power reduced to rear motor" messages--apparently a known problem that they expect to fix OTA update.

1637081106262.png