Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S and Model S Plaid Refresh Issues Thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I know their marketing materials say 22 speakers, but the parts catalog only shows five speakers including the subwoofer (six if you count the pedestrian warning speaker). Or maybe I'm missing something.
The EPC only shows discrete components, and does not include speakers is they are part of a larger assembly. For example there are additional speakers behind the cloth door panels, but they are built into a larger assembly so don't have their own part number. It looks like the same case with the speakers in the a-pillar trim.

The square grids above the front doors are microphones.

The sound coming out of a particular speaker is going to depend on the immersive sound algorithm and the ANC/RNR algorithm and what signals they decide to steer in that direction.

Has anyone noticed a difference between the door handles on the refresh compared to priors? My priors seems very smooth and elegant. My refresh is loud and rough.
While I don’t have an old/new comparison, I don’t particularly the noisy unreliable operation of the Plaid’s handles. Would have preferred a 3/Y style with approach lighting in the side mirror, like a Subaru - especially since the doors don’t soft open and close. No need for all that racket.

I'm envious of all of you with delivered cars. Well, mine was delivered 3 weeks ago, but I only managed to drive it a week before a catastrophic failure, 9 error messages cycling on the display, most driving features disabled. They took it in for service the very next day, and I was expecting something simple like an ABS wheel speed sensor gone bad. Turns out it needs a coaxial harness replaced, and they're awaiting a replacement part that keeps getting pushed back, now estimated for Nov 30th. From the looks of harnesses in the EPC they will likely have to rip apart a lot of the car to replace it.

Yes, I'm thankful that they gave me a P100D loaner (unlike some that just got Uber credits), but it's still very frustrating to wait 5 months for a car and then have it taken away so soon.

I'm envious of all of you with delivered cars. Well, mine was delivered 3 weeks ago, but I only managed to drive it a week before a catastrophic failure, 9 error messages cycling on the display, most driving features disabled. They took it in for service the very next day, and I was expecting something simple like an ABS wheel speed sensor gone bad. Turns out it needs a coaxial harness replaced, and they're awaiting a replacement part that keeps getting pushed back, now estimated for Nov 30th. From the looks of harnesses in the EPC they will likely have to rip apart a lot of the car to replace it.

Yes, I'm thankful that they gave me a P100D loaner (unlike some that just got Uber credits), but it's still very frustrating to wait 5 months for a car and then have it taken away so soon.
My MSM Plaid has spent more time in the service center than at home as well. Currently there over a week as they try to figure out that front vibration issue widely reported here in TMC.

My new MS trip app "Since last charge" is stuck on the last charge from the factory. I've charged twice since then, and keeps showing miles from about 10 miles before I picked up the car.
Also, I cannot log into Slacker using the Tesla account. I searched the forum, and one person said it was because the car was still in factory mode. I wonder if that is correct, and if so, whether the two issues are tied together.

My new MS trip app "Since last charge" is stuck on the last charge from the factory. I've charged twice since then, and keeps showing miles from about 10 miles before I picked up the car.
Also, I cannot log into Slacker using the Tesla account. I searched the forum, and one person said it was because the car was still in factory mode. I wonder if that is correct, and if so, whether the two issues are tied together.
I had the same problem with last charge trip. So weird. Then it just starting working again.

Supercharged for the first time. Sitting there during charging, I touched the YouTube app to kill some time. Immediately the car powered off and everything went dark. I rebooted using the two button and brake method. It powered back up, then crashed again before I could do a thing. The next reboot I quickly touched Spotify just to get it out of YouTube and the car continued to power up fine.

So you can’t watch YouTube while Supercharging it seems.