Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S and Model S Plaid Refresh Issues Thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Did someone actually, RTFM?! Congrats; bravo! ;)😀

Hmm! I just read the manual and learned that they may have fixed the security flaw that allowed anyone with a 12V battery to access the frunk. We might be able to use the frunk again for secure storage.
Note
The following steps do not open the front trunk if Model S is locked and has 12V power.

Question: Does anyone rotate their staggered tires (meaning swap side to side)? Is it even needed?

You can't. They are directional.

Well, technically, you can. It's a PITA though. Need to remove the tires from the wheels, flip them, remount, and then swap. :)

I have a set of plastic trim removal tools I got on Amazon for about $10. Can I get the tires off the rims with these? What if I use two tools at the same time? No? Blast.
Don't forget to post a video of your technique. It will be most educational entertaining.

Last edited:
My Plaid has been in service since Nov 15th and requires a new coaxial harness after just 8 days of ownership and 6 hours of driving. Repair estimate has slipped multiple times, the latest was supposed to be today. Now they tell me the part has been held up at the border and repair is estimated by Dec 6th. That's a full 4 weeks that I haven't had my car.

Held up at the border? In Elon's new cost-cutting measures, are they now shipping by snail mail?:mad:

Yeah, my profile pic is from my previous S, just haven't had a chance to take a pic of the new S.😠

My Plaid has been in service since Nov 15th and requires a new coaxial harness after just 8 days of ownership and 6 hours of driving. Repair estimate has slipped multiple times, the latest was supposed to be today. Now they tell me the part has been held up at the border and repair is estimated by Dec 6th. That's a full 4 weeks that I haven't had my car.

Held up at the border? In Elon's new cost-cutting measures, are they now shipping by snail mail?:mad:

Yeah, my profile pic is from my previous S, just haven't had a chance to take a pic of the new S.😠
Lemon law. 30 day threshold met.

Question: Does anyone rotate their staggered tires (meaning swap side to side)? Is it even needed?
They can be rotated, but they way most people thing. The tire rotation direction along the roadway is critial/important. So to move the Right Rear tire to the Left Rear, the tire must be taken off the Right Rear Rim and put on the Left Rear Rim. That means re-balancing again also.

Some years back I had a friend with a 911 and he did that with his tires - gave him maybe 30% more mileage per set. For me the deciding question is how much tread wear happens with the inside and outside edges by the time the tires have gone say 35% or 40% of your expected tire mileage. Is there enough difference to pay for two more "installation" and balancing charges -- cause you will have to do that with each rear tire. 911s back in the day did have a significant wear difference between the inside and outside edges.