Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S and Model S Plaid Refresh Issues Thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
After 19 days in service, finally got my car back. The problem: most functions disabled (cruise control, steering assist, traction control, stability control, regen braking, adaptive ride control, vehicle hold, emergency braking, lane departure, cars not being visualized.

The solution: replaced a 3ft coaxial harness (ASY,HARN,FRUNK SWITCH GND, OVERLAY,MS 1731861-00-A). Found it in the EPC but it doesn't tell me much.

Last edited:
After 19 days in service, finally got my car back. The problem: most functions disabled (cruise control, steering assist, traction control, stability control, regen braking, adaptive ride control, vehicle hold, emergency braking, lane departure, cars not being visualized.

The solution: replaced a 3ft coaxial harness (ASY,HARN,FRUNK SWITCH GND, OVERLAY,MS 1731861-00-A). Found it in the EPC but it doesn't tell me much.
I have these same issues! My car goes in for service in two weeks. I am going to message your post to them for a heads up.

5YJS*****MF441***

My regen braking works, as does brake hold. All the other stuff you report is T/U, as well as some other issues. The SC ran a diagnostic and said there is a problem with a sensor not communicating with the computer. My car also failed a firmware update to 2021.40 even though the car shows a successful update. I just sent them what you posted about the wiring harness hoping they stock it before I arrive just in case.

I am getting Adaptive Ride Control Disabled. I have 110 miles on the car. Service appointment is on December 9th.
0910691A-A29D-46DA-9E66-49B4233D6C02.jpeg
5AC86C65-86BB-43FA-B065-969B90FDA1C3.jpeg

OK, so this is a major issue. Not sure what to do. Happens just about every single time my wife gets out of the car. Driving me insane. Is it time to move on from this car? It's making me insane.

Help. Please. Picture attached.

Attachments

• B4321B6D-83A3-423B-85FF-3CBF8251BA13_1_105_c.jpeg
    B4321B6D-83A3-423B-85FF-3CBF8251BA13_1_105_c.jpeg
    198.6 KB · Views: 123
My Model S LR has this weird 'cooing' sound coming from the ventilation slot on the passenger side of the main screen. Sounds like a small dove caught in the system. Very soft, doesn't appear to be related to fan speed but it goes away when I turn off the ventilation system. Not terribly loud but now that my ear is tuned to it, I hear it over low road noise and low music, annoying. Not a regular rhythm, sometimes few seconds, other times goes away for a minute or two. Maybe an actuator that moves a vent back and forth? I swung by the local service center and demonstrated it to one of the service advisors I've dealt with in the past, he'd never heard this and suggested I record it which I did and have sent it to him. I'm hoping he'll pass it up the chain to Fremont, don't want to bring it in to the shop for them to tear apart the dash for random diagnostics and then have the car stuck there waiting for parts...

• Informative
Reactions: impastu and jebinc