Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S and Model S Plaid Refresh Issues Thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’ve always just used these urethane license plate borders. They are minimal, and protect the car from the license plate edges.

609FB0FD-F2E3-47E7-B1D1-9A1742409F63.jpegB38E5FDC-CD13-47E2-A23E-B6FA285542BC.jpeg

Edit: Mine —>

DEEF9988-C71C-4337-8CCC-1F677B5E809E.jpeg

Also — I don’t mind my plate being posted online. It’s a public forum like a roadway anyways.

Double edit: Mine looks a little saggy, but that’s because I’ve had it on a dozen different cars in the past few years. It’s been through a lot.

Has anyone experienced creaks in the cabin when driving and gotten it fixed successfully? I can hear it, and its at the dirver side dash(closer to the windshield corner)
The passenger hears it once in a while, but when nothing is playing its pretty evident.
The fremont service center told me they do not service creaks! Just plain weird.

Reactions: jebinc
Has anyone experienced creaks in the cabin when driving and gotten it fixed successfully? I can hear it, and its at the dirver side dash(closer to the windshield corner)
The passenger hears it once in a while, but when nothing is playing its pretty evident.
The fremont service center told me they do not service creaks! Just plain weird.
Yes I have the same creak. Same spot. I can push on the dash and I can hear it.

Reactions: jebinc
My MS LR was delivered in Sept without the trunk floor cover and privacy screen. I was told at the time that the parts were on backorder. Three months later, they are still on ‘backorder’. For the other cars that were delivered without these parts, did you ever receive them? Do the cars delivered recently include these parts? I keep checking in with the service team and they won’t / can’t provide any details or time estimates. Is there anyone else at Tesla that I should be contacting?

• Informative
Reactions: Bitjockey
My MS LR was delivered in Sept without the trunk floor cover and privacy screen. I was told at the time that the parts were on backorder. Three months later, they are still on ‘backorder’. For the other cars that were delivered without these parts, did you ever receive them? Do the cars delivered recently include these parts? I keep checking in with the service team and they won’t / can’t provide any details or time estimates. Is there anyone else at Tesla that I should be contacting?
My delivery date was 12/07 and it did not have it. 2022 Plaid.

That sucks. They definitely are not "on back order", as my service center said they get deliveries every other week with some. Now it might not be all the pieces, one week might be the shelf, the next mats, the next trunk floor, etc. But they should not take three months to get.

Can you try another service center in the area?

I was an 11/22 delivery, missing the parcel shelf and trunk floor / cover. Supposed the parcel shelf is in stock, but they are waiting on the trunk floor cover. I do have an appointment for 12/16, however they told me to keep checking-in and once they have both, just come by and they will install them.

Does anybody have any suggestions for better windshield wiper blades than what came with the refresh models? Just using the washer fluid it leaves water on the passenger side, and I have to press the single wipe button at least 5 times to get rid of it all. Or is this just a design flaw that will not change with any new blade?

Reactions: impastu
My new 2022 MSLR fails to charge, via the Tesla CHAdeMO adapter, at the Chargepoint DC fast chargers at my workplace. Other Tesla's charge fine. Does anyone have the same problem?

Wonder if the adapter needs SW update, or it is a SW problem in the car. Running 2021.35.103.
I think there is a software update that will enable that adapter. Believe it is either .36 or .40. I think you can also go to car information and see if the adapter is supported.

Thanks. How do you go to car information?
Controls -> Software -> Vehicle Information

I do not have my car currently, but I believe there is a line in there that says "CHAdeMO" adapter is active or not.

I assume you are talking to someone directly. Strangely that doesn't work with Tesla. Try opening a ticket for service for the missing pieces. That's what has worked for most of us.

Reactions: bhzmark
That sucks. They definitely are not "on back order", as my service center said they get deliveries every other week with some. Now it might not be all the pieces, one week might be the shelf, the next mats, the next trunk floor, etc. But they should not take three months to get.

Can you try another service center in the area?

I was an 11/22 delivery, missing the parcel shelf and trunk floor / cover. Supposed the parcel shelf is in stock, but they are waiting on the trunk floor cover. I do have an appointment for 12/16, however they told me to keep checking-in and once they have both, just come by and they will install them.
Thanks for the reply. My understanding (based upon ‘chatting’ with service via the mobile app) is that parts do arrive periodically at the SC, and are then given to whatever cars happen to be in for service at that time (based on need). It sounds like you are confirming that. My SC has not been willing to hold some of those parts for my car...