Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S and Model S Plaid Refresh Issues Thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks for the reply. My understanding (based upon ‘chatting’ with service via the mobile app) is that parts do arrive periodically at the SC, and are then given to whatever cars happen to be in for service at that time (based on need). It sounds like you are confirming that. My SC has not been willing to hold some of those parts for my car...
Not entirely. The person told me that if I wanted to swing by and grab the parcel shelf, I could. Or if I wanted to keep calling back (ahead of my service appointment) and if they have both pieces, I can just swing by. No need to wait for my appointment. So it sounds more like a first come, first serve basis.

Maybe they will put some aside if you have an upcoming service appointment, but also maybe not.

I recall some having an issue with their driver's seat sensor i.e. the seat still detecting someone is sitting in it when you get out, thus leaving the screen and a/c on etc. I think someone was able to replace the seat sensor altogether to resolve this. However, when I set up a service visit for this they said it was a "known software bug, with no estimate for a resolution." They were pretty certain it wasn't a seat sensor issue.

Is this BS or true? It gets annoying having to open and close the door several times to get the monitors turn off (happens maybe 25% of the time).

Update: Brought my '22 MSLR in for adaptive ride control disabled. Took them 3 days and they found out the suspension harness needs to be replaced. They ordered the parts with no ETA but did repair the harness so it doesn't give me the error for now so I can drive my car in the meantime

• Informative
Reactions: robert774
I recall some having an issue with their driver's seat sensor i.e. the seat still detecting someone is sitting in it when you get out, thus leaving the screen and a/c on etc. I think someone was able to replace the seat sensor altogether to resolve this. However, when I set up a service visit for this they said it was a "known software bug, with no estimate for a resolution." They were pretty certain it wasn't a seat sensor issue.

Is this BS or true? It gets annoying having to open and close the door several times to get the monitors turn off (happens maybe 25% of the time).
Ask them to pull the logs and see if the seat sensor is tripped when you are seeing this behavior. Simple. Pretty sure it’s not firmware. Think even the person that got the sensor replaced went through multiple software versions

Reactions: VM0412 and impastu
Controls -> Software -> Vehicle Information

I do not have my car currently, but I believe there is a line in there that says "CHAdeMO" adapter is active or not.
Under Vehicle, Additional Information, there is no mention of CHAdeMO adapter. That's the screen that shows us there are Permanent Magnet motors, right?

Door switch possibly???

Under Vehicle, Additional Information, there is no mention of CHAdeMO adapter. That's the screen that shows us there are Permanent Magnet motors, right?
Alright, I might be off base then. Maybe it was the CCS adapter that then was listed under there. Still in a newer software version (2021.36+) than what you are on.

I would submit a service request regarding it.

Alright, I might be off base then. Maybe it was the CCS adapter that then was listed under there. Still in a newer software version (2021.36+) than what you are on.

I would submit a service request regarding it.
Service appointment made for December 29, at the service center. Hope they could force a software update on the car before then.

I guess not too many people use the CHAdeMO charger now, with so many Superchargers around. I was able to get a constant 50 KW charging on my 2018 Model S, so that worked out very well.

Reactions: cwanja
1C84967F-9B18-4F1B-9439-7BF33CFFB1E4.jpeg
Just picked up my Plaid today. Couple small paint chips and along the passenger back door was scraped all down the edge somehow. Hard to see when the door is closed but I don’t even understand how it happened. I had them touch it up before I took delivery.

Attachments

• CD68CCE9-02A4-4AE5-94E7-E789391572D7.jpeg
    CD68CCE9-02A4-4AE5-94E7-E789391572D7.jpeg
    238.5 KB · Views: 77
  • 3ABA066E-0E15-4458-8E0A-0D0DD19B1E5E.jpeg
    3ABA066E-0E15-4458-8E0A-0D0DD19B1E5E.jpeg
    446.9 KB · Views: 86
  • 30A317EC-7D83-43E3-9A2A-34B9E50132DE.jpeg
    30A317EC-7D83-43E3-9A2A-34B9E50132DE.jpeg
    274.8 KB · Views: 92
View attachment 742605Just picked up my Plaid today. Couple small paint chips and along the passenger back door was scraped all down the edge somehow. Hard to see when the door is closed but I don’t even understand how it happened. I had them touch it up before I took delivery.
Wow; so sorry this was presented to you for delivery this way. I may have walked away. For that kind of money, jeeeezzzzzz!

Reactions: impastu
True, but that bumper shot looks like a body shop repaint gone bad. Can you tell what’s going on there? Tough to tell from the photo.
The photo makes it look worse than it is. After they touched it up I had to really look to find it because it is really under the tailight.

The door edge probably annoys me the most because it’s incomprehensible how it would even happen and how QC wouldn’t even pick up on it. I didn’t even notice it until the Tesla guy pointed it out to me.

The photo makes it look worse than it is. After they touched it up I had to really look to find it because it is really under the tailight.

The door edge probably annoys me the most because it’s incomprehensible how it would even happen and how QC wouldn’t even pick up on it. I didn’t even notice it until the Tesla guy pointed it out to me.
What is the VIN range? NF460?