Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S and Model S Plaid Refresh Issues Thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My MS LR was delivered in Sept without the trunk floor cover and privacy screen. I was told at the time that the parts were on backorder. Three months later, they are still on ‘backorder’. For the other cars that were delivered without these parts, did you ever receive them? Do the cars delivered recently include these parts? I keep checking in with the service team and they won’t / can’t provide any details or time estimates. Is there anyone else at Tesla that I should be contacting?
They are saving those parts for cars for which they have not been paid yet.

You paid in full, they don't care about you.

I just noticed that the manual says to place transponders (EZ Pass, Toll Roads, Association Gates, etc) in the lower passenger corner of the wind shield. This is a change from my 2014 and 2017 Model S cars.

Is this really necessary? Our HOA has placed readers so they favor the top center of the windshield --- near the mirror.

Reactions: impastu
I just noticed that the manual says to place transponders (EZ Pass, Toll Roads, Association Gates, etc) in the lower passenger corner of the wind shield. This is a change from my 2014 and 2017 Model S cars.

Is this really necessary? Our HOA has placed readers so they favor the top center of the windshield --- near the mirror.
lots of reports of people placing them up top without problems.

The photo makes it look worse than it is. After they touched it up I had to really look to find it because it is really under the tailight.

The door edge probably annoys me the most because it’s incomprehensible how it would even happen and how QC wouldn’t even pick up on it. I didn’t even notice it until the Tesla guy pointed it out to me.
Why are these cars with obvious issues not being corrected before the buyer even called?? I live an hour's drive away from my store in Devon and when my car comes in they better have gone over it before calling me in to consummate the purchase!!
This should be a joyful experience, not one of doom and distrust!! What next? "Sorry sir, they shipped your car without a battery."

Why are these cars with obvious issues not being corrected before the buyer even called?? I live an hour's drive away from my store in Devon and when my car comes in they better have gone over it before calling me in to consummate the purchase!!
This should be a joyful experience, not one of doom and distrust!! What next? "Sorry sir, they shipped your car without a battery."
Well, they certainly have shipped and delivered cars with bad batteries, packs that needed replacement the moment it was driven off the lot.... So.....

• Funny
Reactions: WilliamG
Anyone I know who toke delivery at Devon have had flawless cars. My mid November delivery was perfect. No quality issues with all parts. I only live 30 minutes away though. I would give them a heads up prior to set expectations.
One issue I had, which I was not told about is that the car will not come with an inspection sticker. Tesla can’t inspect in PA. There is a local place that you can schedule a quick while you wait inspection. PM me if you want their info and details.

View attachment 742605Just picked up my Plaid today. Couple small paint chips and along the passenger back door was scraped all down the edge somehow. Hard to see when the door is closed but I don’t even understand how it happened. I had them touch it up before I took delivery.
Mine had paint issues as well, but not to the extreme level in your pictures, and they wouldn't let me take delivery until they were fixed. I'm surprised they let yours go like that.

I am also an hour away from service center and I don’t get it either. QC should be very detailed at the factory and then again at the delivery center. There is no excuse for a $95k car to have these issues.

After having mine a week, there was a dent in the passenger side bottom part entrance, two gaps in back panels, trunk does not always latch and driver seat does not go forward or backwards. I can’t imagine any other car maker getting away with this. As Tesla goes more mainstream, they can’t keep delivering cars this way.

If my car continues to have these issues and there might be new ones that I have not discovered yet, I will just sell it and go back to BMW 5 Series or above and wait for other luxury carmakers to make EV’s.

I just don’t feel like the Model S is a $95k car. I get the EV part, but besides that what else makes it that expensive?