Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S and Model S Plaid Refresh Issues Thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ran into a strange problem. I finished charging at my company's indoor garage. When I drove out of the structure, the navigation screen showed the car in Barstow CA, several hundred miles away. I was in San Jose.

The position stayed wrong for about 10 mins. 2022
20211213_152322.jpg
LR, SW 2021.35.103.

Ran into a strange problem. I finished charging at my company's indoor garage. When I drove out of the structure, the navigation screen showed the car in Barstow CA, several hundred miles away. I was in San Jose.

The position stayed wrong for about 10 mins. 2022 View attachment 744013LR, SW 2021.35.103.
You must have hit the time warp button.

Tire Skidding is normal.. Its a part of the way the front suspension is setup and is nothing to be concerned about. This was also how the Alfa Romeo suspension are setup.. basically when turning the control arms added camber naturally which can cause the skidding.. Im not sure if this is how the Plaid suspension works, but I can assure, after dealing with this on other cars, it was determined by the manufacturer and forum discussions to be totally normal and does not affect anything.. just consider it a performance susupension noise..

I also consdier the vibration noise at low speed to be just a harmonic frequency of the electrical current and motor speeds matching at that speed rate.. I dont think it has anything to do with the suspension and it doesnt affect performance in anyway, so for me its a non-issue
My GTR and plaid does the same thing, normal to me.

Reactions: impastu

The position stayed wrong for about 10 mins. 2022 View attachment 744013LR, SW 2021.35.103.
Seen it happen before on my old Model S. Was coming out of my companies garage and it put my 200 miles away in East Texas. Within a few minutes, back in the right city. Really messed up my logger data as an outlying data point though.

Last edited:
Reactions: impastu and jebinc
Seen it happen before on my old Model S. Was coming out of my companies garage and it put my 200 miles away in East Texas. Within a few minutes, back in the right city. Really messed up my logger data as an outlying data point though.
My old S did that also. For some reason, charging in a parking structure triggers the bad position. But never several hundred miles away.

One time it put me at a hotel, in the middle of the work day. The wife did not find it funny.

My old S did that also. For some reason, charging in a parking structure triggers the bad position. But never several hundred miles away.

One time it put me at a hotel, in the middle of the work day. The wife did not find it funny.
So you want us to believe that you weren’t actually in that hotel?

So you want us to believe that you weren’t actually in that hotel?
Wife saw the wrong position on her Tesla app. A quick video call clarified my position, so to speak.

It was poor software. This happened multiple times on my 2018 S. Happened after I finished charging in the garage.

In May this year, the car got a bad position while I was up in the Lake Tahoe area. I ended up taking a route that added an hour to the travel time. That one was scary.

• Funny
Reactions: Bitjockey
A curb jumped out and scratch my rim. There is a rim shot a few hours away. It’s not that bad. About 2 to 3 inches long. I read about some members doing a repair themselves. I plan to take to professional but wanted to get something on it to protect rim from salt damage. Any help would be appreciated.

A curb jumped out and scratch my rim. There is a rim shot a few hours away. It’s not that bad. About 2 to 3 inches long. I read about some members doing a repair themselves. I plan to take to professional but wanted to get something on it to protect rim from salt damage. Any help would be appreciated.

Funny, rim shots tend to be close at hand.

Its aluminum, will oxidize immediately. I wouldn't worry about doing anything to it.

Dunno where you are in NY but I’ve had my BMW M rims repaired multiple times at a place in Stamford. DM if helpful

Reactions: dlfjed
Those grey dots are the display frits/vignette.

Since the display is LCD and not OLED (really good choice, less chance of retention), the vignette helps hide the dark "glow" of the backlight at night so the display smoothly blends into the rest of the dash vs having a harsh lit outline.
Thanks for the explanation, it makes perfect sense. I am glad I didn’t call SC.

Is there a fix for wind noise from the drivers side triangle window?

Seems after my tint the wind noise is way up… Not sure if coincidentally occurring with activation of ARNR or not but it was noticeable.
Try taping it off with painters tape from the outside and see if the noise goes away. If so, make a service appointment for them to adjust the seal.