Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S and Model S Plaid Refresh Issues Thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Finally got my car back from PPF treatment; first it was 19 days in Tesla service for a coaxial harness, then 14 days for PPF and tint. I've only actually driven the car for under 2 weeks since I first took delivery of it on November 6th.

The PPF place pointed out 2 defects with my car that I didn't notice before: front windshield stress fracture from the inside (see pic), also rear driver side door very poorly aligned. I hope the later can be adjusted quickly, but I'm not looking forward to parting with my car to get the windshield replaced. Does Tesla do that themselves or do they farm it out to a specialty glass shop? I know the camera needs to be aligned again. Sigh.
Are those the tires that came with your 19s? They look like Michelins..are they A/S? I thought they were only shipping Pirelli Summer or Continental A/S.

Reactions: bhzmark and jebinc
Are those the tires that came with your 19s? They look like Michelins..are they A/S? I thought they were only shipping Pirelli Summer or Continental A/S.
They're Michelin Pilot Alpin PA4s, same size as the stock 19s, I ordered them way back in early September months before my car arrived, I dreaded taking delivery in winter and not having any snow tires available.

On my Model S these plastic strips do not adhere very well to the car towards each rear wheel well. As you can see, with very little effort they can be pulled away from the body of the car. I took it into Tesla and they said that all Teslas were like this. Is yours? Please let me know if you have the same issue.
I was invited to a webinar with Tesla tomorrow (the 19th) at 4 PM. It lasts for one hour. Are there any issues you think I might raise?
Quick update. Re my concern about the strips, they said take it to the S/C. The webinar consisted of the moderator repeating information that is in Tesla's basic videos. I was able to type in a number of questions and I got a few informative answers and a lot of boilerplate that was not helpful.

Quick update. Re my concern about the strips, they said take it to the S/C. The webinar consisted of the moderator repeating information that is in Tesla's basic videos. I was able to type in a number of questions and I got a few informative answers and a lot of boilerplate that was not helpful.
I asked a few that actually had informative responses.

They're Michelin Pilot Alpin PA4s, same size as the stock 19s, I ordered them way back in early September months before my car arrived, I dreaded taking delivery in winter and not having any snow tires available.
It seems we have the exact same car - same ext. color, same interior, same wheels and now the same winter tires. And I have my car in service today for the harness replacement that was causing all the system errors!

• Funny
Reactions: Bitjockey
That happened to me next day of taking delivery less than forty on Way to work. Car called to pull over and shutting down. Had to,be towed and Needed rear inverter and drive unit luckily they had them in stock and got fixed in one day
A similar thing happened to me and I was told that they needed to replace the front motor. Car was towed to the SC on 12/1/21 and I haven't seen it since and have only received periodic texts to the effect that they will provide me an update soon, but that is all that they have said for weeks. It has almost been in service as long as I have owned it... It is my third Model S after a 2015 P85D and a 2018 P100D and extremely disappointing. They are definitely testing my loyalty.

A similar thing happened to me and I was told that they needed to replace the front motor. Car was towed to the SC on 12/1/21 and I haven't seen it since and have only received periodic texts to the effect that they will provide me an update soon, but that is all that they have said for weeks. It has almost been in service as long as I have owned it... It is my third Model S after a 2015 P85D and a 2018 P100D and extremely disappointing. They are definitely testing my loyalty.
That is unbelievable. Have you talked to a attorney?

Has anyone noticed that objects (for example headlights high beam icon) @ top of the Yoke screen are very dim/almost invisible? Another example is the top 25% of the white speed limit signs displayed are noticeably darker than the bottom portion of the signs. Not a huge issue but oddly distracting.

Reactions: impastu
Has anyone noticed that objects (for example headlights high beam icon) @ top of the Yoke screen are very dim/almost invisible? Another example is the top 25% of the white speed limit signs displayed are noticeably darker than the bottom portion of the signs. Not a huge issue but oddly distracting.
I would have service take a look at this. Sounds like something's wrong with the screen.

I would have service take a look at this. Sounds like something's wrong with the screen.
Someone posted an explanation of why the speed sign display is like this. Lord only knows what thread it is in. Wish I bookmarked It. In essence, it is by design and like it across the fleet.

On the instrument cluster icons, I noticed the same. Hesitant to have them rip It out and replace it to only find it is the same. And damage something in the process.

Yep. I can barely tell when the Headlight high beams are on or not