Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S and Model S Plaid Refresh Issues Thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Cross posting for more vis - anyone else getting pebble accumulation inside the front bumper in the front part of the wheel wells? Traced it back to this gap in the wheel well, but unsure if it's just me that has this gap or if others do too. Both sides looks identical:
View attachment 734439
Update on this:

Went to SC for this. Got it checked. We looked at 5 other MS Plaid and LRs sitting at the shop. All of them have equal or greater gaps... Some looked a lot worse and actually looked like a clip wasn't in right. Wish I took pics. Turns out it's like this from the factory. Dunno if you guys just happened to get ones that didn't have this (mine was manufactured in June). The front plastic inside the wheel well is malleable enough to where I got the plastic to move closer to the tire and close the gap a little bit more.

Moral of the story is get more ppl to post pics before you decide to go to the SC.

Reactions: impastu
I've 10 days old Model S LR. I noticed that when sitting down at driver's seat while the car is charging, the display doesn't do anything. It shows the charge status but I'm not able to eg. go back and play moves. There are some threads with similar issue from Model 3 but I was wondering if anybody else has seen this or have pointers to the links that I could pass to Tesla service folks.

Reactions: impastu
My car completely shuts down if I try to use YouTube while plugged in to a Supercharger. Have to do the brake-button reset to get it to come back alive. Service Center said it was a known issue and awaiting a firmware update. Maybe related?
On Model 3 forum is mentioning something about getting pressure switch sensor replaced but hard to say what's causing it. I'm not even getting as far as being able to start Netflix or anything. Model 3 stuck on charge status screen while charging

Yes. Turn sentry off and it will be 1%
I had no idea that I would use so much more battery by using Sentry then even driving my car, but I do. I have not driven the car [but turned off Sentry] for the last 36 hours and my charge percentage has only dropped 1%. I do not have the capability for home charging so the net result for me will be to use Sentry rarely. Too bad.

I've 10 days old Model S LR. I noticed that when sitting down at driver's seat while the car is charging, the display doesn't do anything. It shows the charge status but I'm not able to eg. go back and play moves. There are some threads with similar issue from Model 3 but I was wondering if anybody else has seen this or have pointers to the links that I could pass to Tesla service folks.
Your seat sensor may not be working.

• Informative
Reactions: Chris++
Mine's the same, - they don't seem to sit well over there. For me it's the rear passenger smaller window glass trim that isn't flush completely.

But anyway, my car is back in service for the next 2 weeks for a safety restraint error that they seemingly can't fix without new parts that may or may not fix the issue.

12 service visits/mobile service visits in 4.5 months (since August 5), and counting. So that's 12 service visits of some sort in 18 weeks, or one service visit every 1.5 weeks on average. Love this car. Seriously. 🤦‍♂️

how many miles do you have on the car?

I found out that my coolant leak was from the radiator failing. I am at 1800 miles so far and hopefully it will be good after this repair.

I would have service take a look at this. Sounds like something's wrong with the screen.
Just brought it in today and they said it is as designed :-0 and they checked a couple of new Plaids and they had the same issue. The tech claimed that you can adjust the brightness of both displays with the center screen but when I looked, it was already @ 100% so that doesn’t help much. I told them I thought it was a safety concern because I can’t tell if high beams are on and can be blinding the on-coming traffic. Doubt it will go anywhere but would be interested if other get a different/better answer from their service center.

Just brought it in today and they said it is as designed :-0 and they checked a couple of new Plaids and they had the same issue. The tech claimed that you can adjust the brightness of both displays with the center screen but when I looked, it was already @ 100% so that doesn’t help much. I told them I thought it was a safety concern because I can’t tell if high beams are on and can be blinding the on-coming traffic. Doubt it will go anywhere but would be interested if other get a different/better answer from their service center.

Thank you for reporting back.

Reactions: Jabbahop
I have the same issue with my LR. The headlight/high beam indicator in the instrument cluster Is incredibly dim and difficult to see.

Speaking of sounds, how loud should the door handle extension/retraction sounds be? They're very noticeable both inside and outside of car.

The trunk motors are also pretty loud in addition to the slightest of whirring from the actuators locking.

Could someone share sound/video clips of "normal" sounds for the door handles and trunk?

Speaking of sounds, how loud should the door handle extension/retraction sounds be? They're very noticeable both inside and outside of car.

The trunk motors are also pretty loud in addition to the slightest of whirring from the actuators locking.

Could someone share sound/video clips of "normal" sounds for the door handles and trunk?
It's quite noisy - almost sounds "sci-fi" at least for the door handles. Personnly I like it, but can understand it may sound "broken" or like there's too much friction. I'll try to record the sounds today and post.

Reactions: impastu and jebinc

Here's a video of the door handle extension sound. It's from a brand new Model S Plaid 2021. Sorry for the dirty car, just came back from a trip in a snow storm...

Pat