Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S and Model S Plaid Refresh Issues Thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just curious about the ruined tires—what are the indications that a tire has been used in weather that’s too cold?

is it visible to the naked eye, or something you feel while driving, or___________?

Thanks.
Like this. In Nebraska we get cold. 8am tomorrow it’s going to be 8deg F.
i cracked some Pilot SS just driving easy one cold morning. Maybe the PS4’ are better, but to expensive for me to even risk. I run nokians in the winter, also have my best 0-60 time with the winters on.

Attachments

• 7313902F-0E6C-49EF-B007-109F9181CBA1.jpeg
    7313902F-0E6C-49EF-B007-109F9181CBA1.jpeg
    256.3 KB · Views: 124
Has anyone else had a problem with a Model S Refresh where the yoke wont adjust at all? Tried to reboot, and a few other things, and the scroll wheel just does literally nothing.

Seat/Steering calibration also failed.

Any ideas?

Thanks

@Filter Do you have the weird patterns in white text on your screen? Mine seems more noticeable on the top and sides of the screen. Somehow related to the faded headlight icon too? Did they forget to install something behind the screen? It's almost like the screen is transparent.
View attachment 751897

Checked today, it is there but relatively subtle. Never noticed it before.
Hope that helps!

Reactions: impastu
guys already 300+ on my new MSLR. today while driving I was talking to a friend of mine one blue tooth and he commented that the call quality was horrible compared to when I was in my BMW yesterday. Has anyone heard of issue with blue tooth call quality??

• Informative
Reactions: jebinc
I have intermittent front passenger seat rattles. If I put pressure against the seat back, it stops. Sometimes adjusting the seat back forward/backward stops the rattle, sometimes it doesn't. Any thoughts on things I can look at, or schedule service for it?

I loathe rattles. The most rattlesome car I ever owned was a Porsche 911. Had to take it into service 3 or 4 times to get it semi-reasonable. Most people on the forums (Rennlist) were not sympathetic, and generally answered with "turn up the music" or "drive faster". Sigh.

As a rule, I prefer to deal with rattles myself, up to a point -- taking things apart has its own risks, and there are cases in the past where the cure has been worse than the disease.

That said, if the rattle is frequent, genuinely irksome, and not easy to debug, I would not hesitate to make a service call.