Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S and Model S Plaid Refresh Issues Thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Interesting... I was going to evaluate whether the 'cooing' sound was from the HVAC or the mirror fan using a stethoscope in a quiet garage, but went out to the garage to check after the update to 2022.4 and the sound is gone. Haven't heard it now for 3 days so do wonder if it was fixed with software.

So frustrating that Tesla doesn't issue a list of everything they fix with each update. Even if they don't put the information in the update notes pushed to the car, it would be great if they had an online place to list things that might affect a subset of cars like 'fixed cycling fan noise in mirror (or HVAC)'

Interesting... I was going to evaluate whether the 'cooing' sound was from the HVAC or the mirror fan using a stethoscope in a quiet garage, but went out to the garage to check after the update to 2022.4 and the sound is gone. Haven't heard it now for 3 days so do wonder if it was fixed with software.

So frustrating that Tesla doesn't issue a list of everything they fix with each update. Even if they don't put the information in the update notes pushed to the car, it would be great if they had an online place to list things that might affect a subset of cars like 'fixed cycling fan noise in mirror (or HVAC)'
hmm. interesting. maybe I'm wrong. Maybe it was fixed. That would be good.

Happy to report my door panel misalignment is fixable. I didn’t think it was but the mobile tech came out and replaced it yesterday so now it is flush with the dashboard.

Unfortunately the carbon fiber trim and the rubber seal by the window can’t be reused so he has to order those. Also the door open button doesn’t work either so I may need a new panel unless a software reset fixes it.

For the time being I get to look at this every day but in the end I’m just happy it’s fixable.

CF6FA92C-7AF1-4728-A3C2-3DA9B0466A01.jpeg
EB8AF0A6-4CF3-44E5-8A9B-B3F91A7D2243.jpeg

Happy to report my door panel misalignment is fixable. I didn’t think it was but the mobile tech came out and replaced it yesterday so now it is flush with the dashboard.

Unfortunately the carbon fiber trim and the rubber seal by the window can’t be reused so he has to order those. Also the door open button doesn’t work either so I may need a new panel unless a software reset fixes it.

For the time being I get to look at this every day but in the end I’m just happy it’s fixable.

View attachment 761702View attachment 761703
Did they replace the entire door panel or simply remove and re-align?

Did they replace the entire door panel or simply remove and re-align?

They replaced the entire door panel. He said there was an issue with the top part of the door panel that was broken.

He said the clips that hold the trim on are brittle and broke when he removed them so he ordered a new trim piece. He also doesn’t understand why they didn’t give him a new rubber trim piece because it can’t be reused.

The good news is my door button works now. He sent a software update and it fixed it.

I’m going to speak to the regional service manager tomorrow and then push this a bit harder. No more Mr. Nice Wil.

View attachment 761702View attachment 761703
What’s that blue connector for under that trim ???? Retrofit for ambient lighting ??? The ONLY thing I miss about my 540 was the awesome inlaid ambient lighting

What’s that blue connector for under that trim ???? Retrofit for ambient lighting ??? The ONLY thing I miss about my 540 was the awesome inlaid ambient lighting
Apparently it's capable of being connected for ambient lighting. Given how that trim piece just pulls off without any tools required, it's possible Tesla releases a lighting package on the store at some point. We'll see.

Reactions: impastu

View attachment 761703

Reactions: impastu