Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S and Model S Plaid Refresh Issues Thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The thing that really grabs my arse is that they supposedly give you 24 hours to report your issues and understandably, scratches and other things found at delivery could be considered wear items later on. Certainly adds a bit of stress to what would otherwise be a joyful moment..
For sure it does. I did a higher level inspection at the store and then took the car home and went through every square inch and function to identify and snags and opened a ticket with them that evening. That gets them logged. Everything got taken care of quickly. There are definitely horror stories on the forums that are very real. You are a mechanic and will have the time to check every nut and bolt !

Reactions: Donsla MS
Was looking through the forum to see if I could find something about intermittent “flashing” of the yoke buttons. Is that normal?

Yes, it's a thing. Some of us have noticed it:

We've yet to discern a pattern. For a while, I thought it was related to charging, but I've noticed it while just sitting in the garage unplugged. Others have noticed it while driving, etc. Not noticed it since upgrading to 2022.4, but maybe others have...

Yes, it's a thing. Some of us have noticed it:

We've yet to discern a pattern. For a while, I thought it was related to charging, but I've noticed it while just sitting in the garage unplugged. Others have noticed it while driving, etc. Not noticed it since upgrading to 2022.4, but maybe others have...
More bad yoke code. Fire the guy writing the firmware for the yoke microcontroller!

Since 2022.4 (which may be coincidental) I’ve had no AC or Heat… Which is relatively annoying in Florida.

“VCFRONT a447
Cabin climate control system requires service”

Can’t get in to the service center for over a week either, so the car will just sit and wait until then. It’s too hot to drive.

Since 2022.4 (which may be coincidental) I’ve had no AC or Heat… Which is relatively annoying in Florida.

“VCFRONT a447
Cabin climate control system requires service

ive tried a scroll wheel reset, didn’t seem to do anything… Is there another method?
I think there's another level of reset:

but, not sure if that's been updated for the refresh S.

“VCFRONT a447
Cabin climate control system requires service”

Can’t get in to the service center for over a week either, so the car will just sit and wait until then. It’s too hot to drive.
Paging @doubleshot - you had no AC or heat right? It was not related to 2022.4, but you had issues upon delivery right? Same error code? What was the fix?

I have a question about powering off the car. I only drive two or three days a week and I’ve gotten into the habit of powering off the car after I finish my drive. Does that engender any problems with the car? I realize Sentry will be off. And I do not charge my vehicle at home.

I have a question about powering off the car. I only drive two or three days a week and I’ve gotten into the habit of powering off the car after I finish my drive. Does that engender any problems with the car? I realize Sentry will be off. And I do not charge my vehicle at home.
I don't think you need to do that. Just park the car. The battery drain with Sentry off should be less than 1 mile per day.

Reactions: cwanja