Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S and Model S Plaid Refresh Issues Thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have the same alert. But on the Controls screen, it shows dashcam recording - I keep forgetting to look at the viewer to see if events really are being recorded. I unplugged and re-plugged the USB and it seems fine - I see my other partition's Boombox files show back up, etc.
I know for a fact that both the dash cam and sentry mode are working fine.

Will try a few of the suggestions here and see.

Seems like software, because the buzz isn't there when you first get in the car. Only after the first button press. But, I'll try to get service to replace mine.
Was there buzzing in the early days of the yoke, before the update which altered the turn signal buttons (i.e. the ones that are buzzing) from touch sensitive, to requiring pressure to activate?

Was there buzzing in the early days of the yoke, before the update which altered the turn signal buttons (i.e. the ones that are buzzing) from touch sensitive, to requiring pressure to activate?
There wasn't a buzz before. I can't say for certain if it started after the software update that changed the turn signal function, but I do remember it started to happen on mine after one of the updates in November. I had service look at it in December but they had no fix. After waiting for several more software updates since then with no fix, I took it in again last week. They weren't exactly clear about it, but seemed to indicate that this is a hardware fix and needs a yoke replacement. Not in stock so I have a mobile service appt set for early March to get a new yoke. Hope that fixes it. Maybe I'm on the sensitive side of hearing, but the buzz is so annoying that I try not to use my blinkers when I drive unless I really have to for safety...

Reactions: planetary
I can only hear the buzz if I specifically turn everything off and listen to it, but I do notice the icon flickering (or occasional pulse of brightness) and that's kind of annoying.
Do you get the flicker close to sunrise / sunset? I notice that's when the brightness of the yoke lighting changes.

I wonder if they have two different versions of microcontrollers in the yokes, and each have different software bugs. They probably rushed the replacement design out the door when one MCU went out of stock, and swapped in another...

There wasn't a buzz before. I can't say for certain if it started after the software update that changed the turn signal function, but I do remember it started to happen on mine after one of the updates in November. I had service look at it in December but they had no fix. After waiting for several more software updates since then with no fix, I took it in again last week. They weren't exactly clear about it, but seemed to indicate that this is a hardware fix and needs a yoke replacement. Not in stock so I have a mobile service appt set for early March to get a new yoke. Hope that fixes it. Maybe I'm on the sensitive side of hearing, but the buzz is so annoying that I try not to use my blinkers when I drive unless I really have to for safety...
Mine has always had the buzz, but I picked mine up in early Nov. So, might have been after that update.

Is anyone seeing the following alert regardless of the fact that the USB is actually plugged into the glovebox?
View attachment 766381

View attachment 766382
I had this issue for a few months last fall. Mobile service came out on 12/10 to resolve it. Can't really tell you what they did since the invoice doesnt really say anything. They hooked up a computer and did some "manual update." Idk. All I know is that the error message went away for like a month and half. Came back on 2/1 and now has gone away again after the 2022.4.5 update. I have a feeling it will come back in a few days...

All along sentry mode has been working fine. But annoying to constantly see the error.

Reactions: cwanja
Paging @doubleshot - you had no AC or heat right? It was not related to 2022.4, but you had issues upon delivery right? Same error code? What was the fix?
Mine was a leak in the system. Whole HVAC box had to be replaced. My AC blew hot air for a few days then errored and eventually stopped working all together and wouldn't turn on. Climate keeper unavailable and HVAC system needs servicing errors.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220210-073805.png
    Screenshot_20220210-073805.png
    550.1 KB · Views: 104
  • Informative
Reactions: Greeney and cwanja
I had this issue for a few months last fall. Mobile service came out on 12/10 to resolve it. Can't really tell you what they did since the invoice doesnt really say anything. They hooked up a computer and did some "manual update." Idk. All I know is that the error message went away for like a month and half. Came back on 2/1 and now has gone away again after the 2022.4.5 update. I have a feeling it will come back in a few days...

All along sentry mode has been working fine. But annoying to constantly see the error.
Agreed, both Sentry and dashcam works just fine. Just the alert is there and I only see it when I open the controls panel.

Like you, it disappeared with 2022.4.5. Have yet to drive the car, but will spend a few hours tomorrow in it. See if it is reproduced or fixed.

Given the amount of OTA software fixes for "recalls" (stupid word for it, but whatever) that Tesla is pushing, I think Elon is spot on for this year being focused on software. I hope that is beyond FSD and polishing the core OS.

Reactions: VM0412
Interesting
My September Plaid is at the SC getting the Airbag Recall…
Just saw this on the invoice. Another recall? (Redesigned Wiring harness for air suspension?)

Concern: Retrofit Hydraulic Control Unit Wake-Up Wire
Correction: Retrofit HCU Wake-Up Wire
Parts Replaced or Added
ASY,HARN,FRUNK SWITCH GND,OVERLAY,MS(1731861-00-A)
Part Quantity 1.00

Reactions: AcesAreWld
Funny, no one mentioned to me anything about the airbag (December build) until 10 minutes ago when the SC called to tell me my airbag wouldn’t be available in time for my upcoming service appointment.

Funny part about that is the car is already there for my AC issue…

• Informative
Reactions: Bitjockey
Interesting
My September Plaid is at the SC getting the Airbag Recall…
Just saw this on the invoice. Another recall? (Redesigned Wiring harness for air suspension?)

Concern: Retrofit Hydraulic Control Unit Wake-Up Wire
Correction: Retrofit HCU Wake-Up Wire
Parts Replaced or Added
ASY,HARN,FRUNK SWITCH GND,OVERLAY,MS(1731861-00-A)
Part Quantity 1.00
It appears that the HCU is part of the brake system.

Reactions: bhzmark
Just went out there after 2022.4.5 installed and no alert. I did nothing to fix it. I do see my alerts from earlier today in the history.

I will check alerts after a few drives and keep this updated.
Pretty confident in saying that 2022.4.5 resolved the dashcam / USB alert bug. No alerts and TeslaCam and Sentry Mode continue to work fine. Without me doing anything.

One bug that continues to remain is the Profile not "changing" correctly / fully - at least for me. Get in, press the brake and the yoke / seat start adjusting to my settings. Yet the Controls pane still says "Easy Entry". Which sucks, because any setting changes I make then saves to Easy Entry - not mine. Which I thought I was doing.

• Informative
Reactions: Bitjockey
Rattles update: the rear driver side rattle was only temporarily solved by taping the latch hook. It's back, and it doesn't matter how much tape I use, or what kind of tape. After additional diagnosis, it appears to be coming from the latch mechanism in the seat itself. When I manually wiggle it around, it makes a similar rattle noise, and the passenger side does not make such a noise. Service call issue #1.

Two additional fit-and-finish issues included on the list:

(2) The part of the car right next to this space (rear passenger) about shoulder height, adjacent to the door -- the wood trim / soft plastic area is *super* loose and creaky when you press on it. If it doesn't actively rattle, it's not a big deal, but it's substantially worse than the corresponding part on the passenger side.

(3) The black hard plastic back of the driver's seat is loose -- far loser than the passenger side. (Weird theme, eh?) When seated, it sometimes creaks. I can reach back around and push on the plastic and it clearly moves around and makes noise, so it's easily reproducible.

Reactions: impastu
Pretty confident in saying that 2022.4.5 resolved the dashcam / USB alert bug. No alerts and TeslaCam and Sentry Mode continue to work fine. Without me doing anything.

One bug that continues to remain is the Profile not "changing" correctly / fully - at least for me. Get in, press the brake and the yoke / seat start adjusting to my settings. Yet the Controls pane still says "Easy Entry". Which sucks, because any setting changes I make then saves to Easy Entry - not mine. Which I thought I was doing.
Yup still no dashcam/usb alert for me either. Still crossing my fingers its gone for good though.

Reactions: cwanja