Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S and Model S Plaid Refresh Issues Thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Holdddddd up, I wish I found this thread sooner. I picked up my plaid in July of last year and boy have I had problems.
This is a long thread and I only started from the back.
First off, we got lights in the foot wells?!?!?! What the fck my stuff doesn't light up at all.
Also, has anyone had uncontrollable random freezing of the displays? I am still looking through this thread. My displays will both freeze while I drive. Sometimes while parked and the car will stay on draining charge when it's parked. I have to deal with 10-15 freezes a day and force reboots. I brought it into service 3 days for freezing and they keep saying a future firmware update will fix it.
I had the safety restraint fault 2 times now and I just picked it up this week for the 2nd repair.

Also, if anyone else is freezing like me if your audio stops working. Initiate a Bluetooth call and it will come back. Had this happen 5 times already.
The freezes are clearly not normal. I've had zero in 2 months. I doubt it's a firmware upgrade.

On the footwell lights, they are not very bright, but on the black carpet, they are almost invisible. On the fronts, there is a light bar you can see if you get down low. There is a magnetically held cover under the dash. Perhaps it's not aligned so the light bar is hidden, but I suspect yours are like everyone else's and just isn't very visible.

Reactions: impastu
Holdddddd up, I wish I found this thread sooner. I picked up my plaid in July of last year and boy have I had problems.
This is a long thread and I only started from the back.
First off, we got lights in the foot wells?!?!?! What the fck my stuff doesn't light up at all.
Also, has anyone had uncontrollable random freezing of the displays? I am still looking through this thread. My displays will both freeze while I drive. Sometimes while parked and the car will stay on draining charge when it's parked. I have to deal with 10-15 freezes a day and force reboots. I brought it into service 3 days for freezing and they keep saying a future firmware update will fix it.
I had the safety restraint fault 2 times now and I just picked it up this week for the 2nd repair.

Also, if anyone else is freezing like me if your audio stops working. Initiate a Bluetooth call and it will come back. Had this happen 5 times already.
Go to the Lights menu and make sure Ambient Lights is turned on.

Well the rattle in my rear door is back even after a full door trim replacement. I’m inches from selling this car, I can’t deal with another service center queen after my M3P spent 175 days there.
We feel your pain! I’m hoping mine crosses the Lemon threshold so they buy it back. Should happen in the next few months as it’s getting close. Will bank the check and not order another Plaid any time soon. Too many systems with serious reliability issues.

There are common rattles in rear seat latch. Are you sure the rattle is coming from the door?
This. Try putting your seats down and see if the rattle continues. If it does you can put some contact tape or electrical tape on the metal bit of the latch (this is how Tesla will fix it). I've asked the service center if they have a proper fix for this yet.

There are common rattles in rear seat latch. Are you sure the rattle is coming from the door?
Definitely coming from the door, drove around with the seats down and it was still there. Even tried the electrical tape on the latch.

It was gone for 4 days after they replaced the panel, came back tonight for whatever reason.

Is it normal to have this part above the instrument cluster slightly tilted?

IMG_6692.jpg