Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S and Model S Plaid Refresh Issues Thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Next question.

Is it me or does rear view mirror seem kind of bright/glared at night.

Seems fine during the day.

Side view seems fine day or night.

But review mirror seems bright.

Now my X review was extremely dark. Other owners had the same complaint.

So I’m not sure if I’m so used to it being dark or that it’s not working. But the sides seem perfect.

I’ve tried toggling Auto Dim at night and don’t see a difference.

Which part of the fender do you think may be rattling. I noticed there is play in the fender.

Here are some pics of where it's making contact. Just watch the fender when you shut the door, mine moves as the door makes contact so it's very obvious once you look.

Attachments

• IMG_3307.jpg
    IMG_3307.jpg
    233.6 KB · Views: 114
  • IMG_3306.jpg
    IMG_3306.jpg
    216.6 KB · Views: 102
Well, although the center console lighting is now working correctly, there was a small but deep scratch in the rear quarter panel that appears to have been caused when they were trying to wrestle the console in or out.

The good news is that Tesla is fixing the scratch for me at a local (to them) body shop. The bad news is that it's going to take approximately 10 days or more due to backlog. Luckily they had a loaner I can use while mine is out of commission. It's a Model S P70D, and so far I like my refresh LR way better than this one. :)

My plasticky squeaking went away when I put the drivers' side rear seat down. I think this was a common problem, perhaps something to do with the latches, but I don't remember the fix. Does anyone know?
As @Ohmster says - tape it. It is, sadly, common. Bad latch design.

I have Tesla looking at it next week (on top of three other things) and in the service request, I said "lets go ahead and tape the latch unless there is a revision latch as I have seen online that tape is the 'official' fix from Tesla".

Reactions: jebinc
Tape around the metal loop in the seat back?
Correct. It is the seat that is latch doing the rattling. The loop in the car frame is too narrow and thus the seats rattle. They will need to beef up the latch or close the gap in the seat back mechanic to solve the rattle.

Somewhere in this thread people posted multiple photos of their solution and official Tesla solutions.

Disclaimer: I am not a car expert nor engineer or sorts. So my explanation above could be completely wrong.

Updated to 2022.4.5.18 today. Nothing fixed.
Yoke still buzzes like crazy.
Console cubby light still backwards.
My car has been in service for over a month.... I'm paying out of pocket to get my console replaced. they still trying to get me parts. If yoke still buzzes when i get my car back and they dont fix it ill pay out of pocket for a newer yoke. I heard people with the new yoke revisions don't buzz.

My car has been in service for over a month.... I'm paying out of pocket to get my console replaced. they still trying to get me parts. If yoke still buzzes when i get my car back and they dont fix it ill pay out of pocket for a newer yoke. I heard people with the new yoke revisions don't buzz.
Why are you paying for the console that they messed up?

Also, the '22 I sat in this week that was less than a month old still had a buzzing yoke. They haven't fixed it.

Reactions: jebinc