Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S and Model S Plaid Refresh Issues Thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
anyone notice the auto wipers all of a sudden kinda suck?
Actually so far they have not been bad. But I've been fooled before thinking they were working then didn't on my Prior X.
So I need to use them a lot more to see how they really are.

Did you notice when you put the wipers in Service Mode you can't stand the arm up !! They only lift like 4" off the glass.
Like some people do for snow / ice storms.

Actually so far they have not been bad. But I've been fooled before thinking they were working then didn't on my Prior X.
So I need to use them a lot more to see how they really are.

Did you notice when you put the wipers in Service Mode you can't stand the arm up !! They only lift like 4" off the glass.
Like some people do for snow / ice storms.
never did service mode. but noticed wipers take forever until they come on. almost blind before they clear the glass. i think it started 2 updates ago.

Had this car about a week and my auto wipers worked pretty good the few times I have needed them. Up until last night, I would have said the auto brights worked good too, but last night they were worse than I have ever seen on any car (and we have had 3 Tesla's).
It would literally kick the high beams back on with the on coming cars about 100-200 ft still in front of me. Its the 1st night drive for me since updating to 2022.8.2 so not sure if that changed something or the car was just having a bad night??

It was also very slow to dim the lights which resulted in several flashes from on coming cars prior to mine "flashing" them again right as we passed each other. A few people must have thought I was a real AH last night.
I finally switched back to manual for the rest of the ride home.

These are the strangest cars, so much tech, but cant do tasks that "dumb" cars have been doing for decades...I suppose one day it will be great.

Why are you paying for the console that they messed up?

Also, the '22 I sat in this week that was less than a month old still had a buzzing yoke. They haven't fixed it.
They didn't want to fix it. Apparently within spec. I told them I want a new center console and ill pay for it if I had too. It feels like I'm waiting for a new Model S again they keep moving my date back.

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    115.6 KB · Views: 109
They didn't want to fix it. Apparently within spec. I told them I want a new center console and ill pay for it if I had too. It feels like I'm waiting for a new Model S again they keep moving my date back.

For the light? A new one will have the same problem. They are all backwards.

Ultrasound being affected by heat? Do you get an error message? I haven't seen this yet.
Yup! Leaving the car parked in the full sun for an hour+ now leads to a Park Assist Unavailable / Clean sensor code, along with autopilot features limited. Super annoying.

I feel like they’re blowing smoke here and, while it can happen, one of my sensors is actually funky in higher temps. Just which

Yup! Leaving the car parked in the full sun for an hour+ now leads to a Park Assist Unavailable / Clean sensor code, along with autopilot features limited. Super annoying.

I feel like they’re blowing smoke here and, while it can happen, one of my sensors is actually funky in higher temps. Just which

Yeah, that seems like a bad sensor. I've never seen that error and I have parked in full sun for > an hour. Has anyone else?

Reactions: theatrus
People, when are we going to get this sorted?? Car has been in the wild for 9 months now:
  • Rear Entertainment - No support for Bluetooth headsets
  • Rear Entertainment - Unable to play games
Not to mention the whole front/rear screen interface still leaves A LOT to be desired in terms of stability and functionality. $100K car 100+ issues...
That's pretty low on my list. I'd like to get rid of the real problems first, like being able to close the passenger door, the half shaft vibrations, the squeaking from the rear seats, having a working console cubby light, getting rid of the yoke buzzing....