Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S and Model S Plaid Refresh Issues Thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That's pretty low on my list. I'd like to get rid of the real problems first, like being able to close the passenger door, the half shaft vibrations, the squeaking from the rear seats, having a working console cubby light, getting rid of the yoke buzzing....

I hear ya. I've been to the service center more times than I can remember for various other items as well... Was trying to YouTube some stuff for my kids today and it reminded me how super annoying it is we still don't have everything we paid for almost a year ago.

Why are you paying for the console that they messed up?

Also, the '22 I sat in this week that was less than a month old still had a buzzing yoke. They haven't fixed it.
I had SC replace my yoke because of the buzzing. I can confirm at least in my case that replacing with the newer build of the yoke (they confirmed that the replacement part was a newer build number than my original) didn't fix the buzz. Maybe a tad softer but the buzz is still there and very annoying.

I had SC replace my yoke because of the buzzing. I can confirm at least in my case that replacing with the newer build of the yoke (they confirmed that the replacement part was a newer build number than my original) didn't fix the buzz. Maybe a tad softer but the buzz is still there and very annoying.
What was your build date / VIN? Mine is Oct 20, VIN 452xx. I don't know when it was updated. I think the '22 I sat in was slightly quieter.

Well, mobile service was out today to adjust my passenger front glass camber angle to make the door easier to close. They weren't able to do it. One of the adjustment bolts was rounded off, likely at the factory. They're going to have to tear down and replace a bunch of stuff in the door.

They also weren't able to fix the center console light.

Or a loose seal I had on the passenger rear door. So, two hours, nothing accomplished.

On to service appointment number four, trying to get one, fully working, properly assembled car....

Factory presents! Found this under the back seat floor mat. I also hear a rolling sound when I accelerate and slow down, so I am assuming this is missing from something in the car. Is this a bearing from the front seat track?

0DE0B6AA-F4DC-47C7-8257-6AA0455A2A06.jpeg

I have a silent yoke.
Put your ear up to the headlamp icon and you should be able to hear it. It starts buzzing after the very first button press then keeps going for the rest of the drive. I can hear mine at every stop light. It is quite loud on my car. I compared to another car made around the same time and it also buzzed, and a '22 LR S built about 1-2 months ago also buzzed.

• Informative
Reactions: jebinc
Put your ear up to the headlamp icon and you should be able to hear it. It starts buzzing after the very first button press then keeps going for the rest of the drive. I can hear mine at every stop light. It is quite loud on my car. I compared to another car made around the same time and it also buzzed, and a '22 LR S built about 1-2 months ago also buzzed.
Do I really want to look/listen for more problems? I have enough already….

Some people with '22 Model Ss swear that their Yoke doesn't make any noise. Can anyone else confirm? If so, I'm going to push the SC to replace mine, maybe there was a part revision to fix the noise when they added in the horn switch?

Here is the yoke noise:

New video by Jonathan Viventi
I haven't noticed any noise or vibration from mine. Once I get my car back (hopefully this week) I'll listen closely.