Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S and Model S Plaid Refresh Issues Thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Since I got my 21 MSLR, when I am in my main driver profile and I move a seat position, the pop up appears on the screen to save the new position. I click "save" but the next time I get out of the car and back in (I use easy entry to move seat back), it doesn't remember the previous saved position. Really frustrating. It moves but back to the old position, not the newly saved one. Happening to others? Any fixes?

Since I got my 21 MSLR, when I am in my main driver profile and I move a seat position, the pop up appears on the screen to save the new position. I click "save" but the next time I get out of the car and back in (I use easy entry to move seat back), it doesn't remember the previous saved position. Really frustrating. It moves but back to the old position, not the newly saved one. Happening to others? Any fixes?
Hmm. Works for me. Reboot?

At least yours remembers your old seat position. Mine won’t move forward or backward to the saved position I set. I took it in for service twice. The first time they said it was fixed and when I showed them it wasn’t they said maybe the next software update would fix it but it didn’t. I took it in again after that and after sitting there for three hours they told me it was a known issue and that only a software update could fix it and they don’t know when that would be.

At least yours remembers your old seat position. Mine won’t move forward or backward to the saved position I set. I took it in for service twice. The first time they said it was fixed and when I showed them it wasn’t they said maybe the next software update would fix it but it didn’t. I took it in again after that and after sitting there for three hours they told me it was a known issue and that only a software update could fix it and they don’t know when that would be.
Yep. Standard line to get rid of you when they don't know how to fix something. Heard it multiple times for different issues.

Yep. Standard line to get rid of you when they don't know how to fix something. Heard it multiple times for different issues.
Worst part is that it worked perfectly fine for months until one software update and it stopped working. Two software updates later and it still doesn’t work and I don’t expect it to ever work from here on out. Pretty sad that one of the greatest software companies can’t figure out a software issue on a car that I paid $130k for.

I was supercharging and watching YouTube. The car started throwing a bunch of odd errors like “summon failed” (this car doesn’t even have FSD/summon enabled), “power steering disabled”, etc. It even honked on its own.

I closed out YouTube and everything went back to normal. Absolutely bizarre.

I guess the MotherShip did not approve of your taste in YT vids...

Does anyone have this creaking and popping sound? It comes from the front, driver’s side of the car, from the outside, likely frame or suspension. It creaks whenever going over bumps or turning in a way that torques the frame left / right. I've asked the SC to retorque the suspension bolts, but either they didn't do it, or that didn't solve it.
Hard to tell from the video. It could be the back seat latch - a common problem. Set the rear seats in the down position. If the noise goes away, you've found the problem. Some wrap electrical tape around the chrome metal U portion (not in the seat itself). I stuck some stiff foam in the U that worked for me. Neither approach affects the ability to open/close the seat.

Hard to tell from the video. It could be the back seat latch - a common problem. Set the rear seats in the down position. If the noise goes away, you've found the problem. Some wrap electrical tape around the chrome metal U portion (not in the seat itself). I stuck some stiff foam in the U that worked for me. Neither approach affects the ability to open/close the seat.

Pardon the newby LR question...only have three hours to document all the delivery issues...

Are the rear seats supposed to flip forward when the switches in the trunk are actuated, or just unlock?