Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S and Model S Plaid Refresh Issues Thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Interesting. Thank you for that info! I’ll have to test tomorrow too and see if it’s come back.
I did more testing.

Good news: It seems 70% of the time the buzz is genuinely gone (after pressing random buttons on the yoke).

Bad news: However, the other 30% of the time after you press a button, say the turn signal, you still can hear a very faint buzz.

Good news: but your ear literally has to be on the left scroll wheel to hear it. And I doubt anyone could hear it in normal driving positions.

Good news: it seems even the faint buzz eventually fades away after 15-30 seconds.

So all in all, I definitely think they worked on this issue in 2022.16.x and I have a higher degree of confidence now (than a few hours ago) that it will stay "fixed".

Try putting your ear up to the headlamp icon on the yoke and press the turn signal. All the ones I've sat in start making the buzz after the first button press, then continue buzzing until the car goes to deep sleep. That would be great if it really has been fixed with a hardware revision. I'll push them to replace my yoke. It would be really easy to fix in the software, but they can't seem to do it. It's a really simple bug in the haptic feedback motor controller.

Good to know on the console lights. Hopefully some day they will fix mine and get it right. It seems the consoles in parts inventory are also miswired. Maybe the newest ones are right?

How many miles do you have on your car? I found the vibration got worse after 1,000 miles.

1. Yoke. Nope. No buzz on mine. I'm on 12.3.20 FSD but never had buzz on this car.
2. Mine was built 3/11. Console lighting works as expected.
3. Am at 2,763 glorious miles. Vibration is a minor nuisance and for only a few minutes every work day.

So, my build is about three weeks ago...no buzzing, but I have a stuck left scroll wheel, wheel turns but does not move sideways as one needs for track selection.

The fix is to replace the entire yoke, which mobile will do next week.

There is a rather loud cooling fan sound from the center screen area. It seems to resonate slowly, as if two fans are out of sync. Is this the "cooing" sound?

Cubby lights work correctly.

Other than dirt, moderate seat wrinkles, slight interior trim misalignment, shipping damage under the car, missing rivets, missing parts such as mats, three paint defects, and a rather wonky acting charge port door, I think I got a pretty good build.

Oh, and no vibration! Yet...

Reactions: Alex Philips
Not sure if anybody else is running into this issue but my backup and side camera intermittently goes blank and wont come back on until car had time to go to sleep. It takes few hours to come back on. It happens pretty much every other day and it is super annoying. I have had this cars since February and dealing with this issue for last few months.

SC in raleigh has identified that the car computer is overheating and causing this. They have ordered a new part but due logistic issues it is taking longer to get the part.

Has anybody else ran into this issue? And whether it was fixed automatically or something was done by service center.

Thank for your help
2C9DF2BD-0CE2-428B-AF0B-11FF33655C1C.jpeg

Anyone else have an extreme hot center screen? I have nothing running on it and the screen is cooking, back of the screen is very warm but the front is HOT. Waiting for service to look at it when i go in, they have the logs. I know this is not normal.

Reactions: Jabbahop
I have it set to always use the dark mode, nothing running on it than just the standard navigation page with all the options turned off. Car is a comfortable 70F but screen is over 100F, surely this can't be normal? Warm is fine but when its hot where it can burn your finger i don't consider that normal.

I have it set to always use the dark mode, nothing running on it than just the standard navigation page with all the options turned off. Car is a comfortable 70F but screen is over 100F, surely this can't be normal? Warm is fine but when its hot where it can burn your finger i don't consider that normal.

What mode it's in has no bearing on the temperature of the screen as the backlight is on no matter what. When touching your screen normally to interact with it is it too hot to touch?

Anyone else have an extreme hot center screen? I have nothing running on it and the screen is cooking, back of the screen is very warm but the front is HOT. Waiting for service to look at it when i go in, they have the logs. I know this is not normal.

I can imagine, the SvC response.

Normal, functioning as designed.

Unless it is melting.

Suggest a trip to the local HF* store and get a IR temp probe for like 25 bucks, of you don't have one.

*Harbor Freight, or Hazard Frought.

Reactions: Valtteri
Yes it is hot to touch, you keep you finger on it for more than 2 seconds you will feel the burn. When i say options i mean the navigation options. Right now it is pretty much just dark gray, the lighter colors run hotter, those are not even turned on so they can't blame anything.

Yep, already measured with my IR gun and it's well over 100F, I have a pair of IR gun (different brands) confirmed both show over 100F.

I won't be surprised if they say it is normal, but I have neighbors with these cars and non of theirs run this hot. All be it they are model 3 and Y no way this is normal.

• Informative
Reactions: aerodyne
No kidding, do you have the link? If it's anything like the S there is likely multiple issue threads. I have an X coming by mid July for the wife. Still on the fence after my experience with the S. The iX she test drove was nice, I have a list of items to check for the S was going to check the same on the X.

Found this but not seeing anything with "warm" "hot" in the search: Wiki - Model X Refresh Issues Thread

No kidding, do you have the link? If it's anything like the S there is likely multiple issue threads. I have an X coming by mid July for the wife. Still on the fence after my experience with the S. The iX she test drove was nice, I have a list of items to check for the S was going to check the same on the X.

Found this but not seeing anything with "warm" "hot" in the search: Wiki - Model X Refresh Issues Thread
Search results Search results

Search for computer replacement on the MX issues thread...