Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S and Model S Plaid Refresh Issues Thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sadly, this is going to make service quality even worse.. as per usual with Elon, it’s all about optics, and in this case, it’s just about reducing the delay to obtain service - not fix the quality of said service, which is much more important in my opinion! (and don’t get me started on “best service is no service”, as if Tesla built high-quality mantra in their factory output requirements..)

I went to the sales location in my area to test drive two weeks ago. The sales rep told me all test drives had been suspended indefinitely. I asked why and he said because at any given moment they might be called down to work in service. Said he was just in service yesterday…

Sadly, this is going to make service quality even worse.. as per usual with Elon, it’s all about optics, and in this case, it’s just about reducing the delay to obtain service - not fix the quality of said service, which is much more important in my opinion! (and don’t get me started on “best service is no service”, as if Tesla built high-quality mantra in their factory output requirements..)
I am hoping these folks are doing the non-technical admin tasks and actual technicians are still working on our cars.

I also hate the best service is no service motto. They first need to have the factory quality to meet that requirement.

It can raise and lift if I push the button, but it's the dynamic dampening that doesn't work. So basically small bumps feel like big bumps when driving.

Two error codes I'm getting are DI_a250 and TAS2_a314
Hey I've been getting those codes for a few months every day, any solutions? Tesla has been continuously pushing back my service dates and I'm also getting a "Speed limited to 90mph" error

I just got rev F yoke today. The buzz is gone! The rattling over bumps is gone! The haptic feedback is much less strong, but at least it is totally silent. 👍👍

Also, it could be my imagination, but it seems smaller. I'll have to measure it so someone can compare. If it is smaller, I really like it. Feels good and doesn't hit my knees on turns. 👍

YOKE STEERING WHEEL ASSEMBLY PUR(1622612-00-F)

They also replaced my window regulator to fix the glass in the passenger door. Now the door is easy to close. 👍

They didn't fix the creaking in my suspension or the vibrations. I drove the car with the lead tech and they said they couldn't feel them and couldn't fix them. ☹️

They did say they would replace the console again to try and fix the light, after I showed them again what is wrong with it. 😴

Tape measure and pics, please.
For the record, this is the Original yoke that came in my 2021 439*** VIN car.
IMG_6828.jpeg

• Informative
Reactions: WilliamG
To those who have had GPS location issues on your car. (It shows your location as being slightly off to miles away.) After 8 months of hell, they found a "temporary" fix. The cabin camera wire was somehow causing "interference" to the GPS. It needs to be insulated until they can find a permanent solution.
For now it has been working fine for the last two weeks. Fingers crossed it continues on.

Reactions: Valtteri
Any money on them all being the same dimensionally? 😂
You win. 😅

Guess it's all mental. It feels better now without the buzzing and rattling from whatever was loose inside.

But, it wasn't quiet for long! The passenger door they worked on just fell apart! All the clips are broken and some harness is loose and rattling around. It just never ends!

PXL_20220703_160738403.jpg

Reactions: aerodyne and jebinc