Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021 Model S Doesn't Shut off When parked

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is anyone else having a problem where when departing the car, it doesn't shut off? This happens to me regularly and the only way to get it to shut off is open the driver door and close it again. The lights will stay on, the screen will stay lit and the audio will continue to play.

Is anyone else having a problem where when departing the car, it doesn't shut off? This happens to me regularly and the only way to get it to shut off is open the driver door and close it again. The lights will stay on, the screen will stay lit and the audio will continue to play.
Been reported a few times. Think the fix is a replaced seat sensor. But get the time and date and have service pull the logs.

Upvote 0
I have the same issue. To get mine to shut off, ive found that if I press on the seat a few times to activate the sensor, that will maybe work. I have a service appointment next week and hopefully they will have a new sensor to install. It’s annoying and a partial hazard because sometimes I forget and I come back to my car, and it‘s been unlocked the entire time.

Upvote 0
I have the same issue. To get mine to shut off, ive found that if I press on the seat a few times to activate the sensor, that will maybe work. I have a service appointment next week and hopefully they will have a new sensor to install. It’s annoying and a partial hazard because sometimes I forget and I come back to my car, and it‘s been unlocked the entire time.
Just came back from vacation and my car has been playing songs all weekend in the garage! lol

Upvote 0