Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021 Model S front bumper on older models

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
oh no, that diagram is for older model s to new model x foglight.. ONLY
older model x wire diagram is this. try to match to new model x ( i have no expence with)
The old model X and refresh used the same foglight plug beside old X have double ground compared to the refresh 1. When plug in, foglight stay on abd connot be turn off inside also there's no turn signal.
I've tries your diagram Hotboy408, and also every combinations beside the ground switch all over the places, nothing work and now I don't have my car amber turn signal and no blinking noise inside the screen. My foglight main control screen stop highlighting the foglight for me to turn on/off. Beside all that problems, when clicking the turn signal left or right, the rear and side marker blinking very fast. Now this doesn't look good.

Did anyone try retrofitting the refreshed 2021 Model S bumper on previous year models?
I need to get the front bumper on my 2017 model S replaced due to the damage. Checking if the new bumper can work as replacement
While I can't provide you with the 2021 Model S bumper, I can suggest an alternative that might interest you.

Consider looking into a carbon fiber front lip. It's not only a stylish addition to your Tesla, but it also offers an extra layer of protection for your front bumper. These lips are designed to withstand minor impacts and can help prevent further damage to your vehicle.

If you're interested, you can find a selection of carbon fiber front lips and other accessories on Tesery website here. These products are designed to enhance the aesthetics and protection of your Tesla while maintaining a high level of quality.

CMSTTeslaModelSCarbonFiberFullBodyKitaftermarketpartsfrontlipreardiffusersideskirtsspoilerupgradecanards_4.jpg

CMSTTeslaModelSCarbonFiberFullBodyKitaftermarketpartsfrontlipreardiffusersideskirtsspoilerupgradecanards_3_b1b46daf-5015-4c05-96f7-eb465946671c.jpg

• Disagree
Reactions: VegarHenriksen
The old model X and refresh used the same foglight plug beside old X have double ground compared to the refresh 1. When plug in, foglight stay on abd connot be turn off inside also there's no turn signal.
I've tries your diagram Hotboy408, and also every combinations beside the ground switch all over the places, nothing work and now I don't have my car amber turn signal and no blinking noise inside the screen. My foglight main control screen stop highlighting the foglight for me to turn on/off. Beside all that problems, when clicking the turn signal left or right, the rear and side marker blinking very fast. Now this doesn't look good.
you should check the pin #5 is lin communication wire . if you plug it in. you actually short it to ground .

the turn signal doen't flash or make noise because there's no feedback of led bulb. aka open connection
you need to put pin #2 (older) to pin #4. (newer)

looks like the rest of the wire is lin-com line, so it won't work with newer light.

since older model x use lin-com.. you can't use the front harness.. i recommend check rear tailight for the source signal

here the diagram. tailgate diagram specific label.

Attachments

• Image 3.png
    Image 3.png
    87.8 KB · Views: 55
  • Image 2.png
    Image 2.png
    19.8 KB · Views: 28
Reactions: taimurasad
you should check the pin #5 is lin communication wire . if you plug it in. you actually short it to ground .

the turn signal doen't flash or make noise because there's no feedback of led bulb. aka open connection
you need to put pin #2 (older) to pin #4. (newer)

looks like the rest of the wire is lin-com line, so it won't work with newer light.

since older model x use lin-com.. you can't use the front harness.. i recommend check rear tailight for the source signal

here the diagram. tailgate diagram specific label.
Thanks, I will try that next.

But i know for sure even without the front fog light or turn signal on, my cluster of the car still show the blinking signal and noise and the main unit highlight the fog switch before this happens.
Like you said I might short somewhere and how foglight disable in grey and no blink and noise on signal.

Do you have a clue where I shorted? I looks everywhere for a fuse or relay everywhere to replace it with no luck

Thanks, I will try that next.

But i know for sure even without the front fog light or turn signal on, my cluster of the car still show the blinking signal and noise and the main unit highlight the fog switch before this happens.
Like you said I might short somewhere and how foglight disable in grey and no blink and noise on signal.

Do you have a clue where I shorted? I looks everywhere for a fuse or relay everywhere to replace it with no luck
Any update on fog lights @AndreX ?

if you short communication lin. alot of things can happen.
try to start over, plug everything back to factory and reset your car.
Don't they have a fuse for protection on communication lin? Btw, the car ride and work normal. My high beam somehow able to select again even without the foglight. With all those pins rearranging back and forth I might shorted both old and refresh foglights for me to test it. Like you said there's no foglight led feedback for the car to show blinking in cluster or turn signal noise.
I feel like it's a wast of time and money because of the LIN communication of the foglight.