Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021 Model S left quarter panel

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Tesko

Nov 12, 2022
Idaho
Hello, I recently purchased a 2001 model S long range for my son, being new to repairing a Tesla I figured parts would be as readily available as they are for any other project I have undertaken. Apparently I am very much incorrect! I am in desperate need of a left quarter panel for this 21 model S, can anybody help get me pointed in the right direction? Thanks!

There was no Model S in 2001. Maybe 2021? Ok, some body panels are only sold to body shops that are Tesla-trained. As I understand it, the panel has to be cut off, and then a new panel explicitly made for replacement (not the same as used in manufacturing) is attached with rivets. You can't use a panel from a doner car as once the panel is cut off, it is not usable on another car.

I've not done the process myself, so perhaps others can chime in if I've got it wrong or if they have other ideas on how a non-body shop can do the work.

Upvote 0
There was no Model S in 2001. Maybe 2021? Ok, some body panels are only sold to body shops that are Tesla-trained. As I understand it, the panel has to be cut off, and then a new panel explicitly made for replacement (not the same as used in manufacturing) is attached with rivets. You can't use a panel from a doner car as once the panel is cut off, it is not usable on another car.

I've not done the process myself, so perhaps others can chime in if I've got it wrong or if they have other ideas on how a non-body shop can do the work.
Thanks for the response! And yes, that was supposed to say 2021 model S so thanks for the correction. If anybody does have a source or a direction to point me in I really do appreciate it. Thanks again for the input

Upvote 0
The light on the console of my Tesla X 2022 suddenly went off. It drive but cannot no light on the console so cannot. Can some pls advise me on what to do
Need more details. What light? There are quite a few lights and indicators in the console and dashboard. Also, rather than hijacking this thread with this different topic, it would have been better to create a new thread. You indicate your can drive but also say you can't. A bit confusing. Perhaps you are saying the main display is black? The instrument cluster is black? You can always try a reboot (press both scroll wheels in for 15 seconds). It takes about 60 seconds to complete a reboot.

Upvote 0