Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@Sbaimo I hope your delivery goes well.

Was supposed to have the car last night but no new info. I still have heard nothing about my “stuck in transit delays” other than ETA 7/3 and still an appointment for 7/5.. Same VIN, but I sent two texts today asking if there was any movement on the car to my SA and his manager - no news. I get they’re busy though. Wish the trackers still worked so I could see if the car is moving.

Is Tesla working/delivering over the 7/4 weekend after EOQ though? Sounds brutal either way.

Anyone else get their delivery moved that’s here in Colorado or the middle of the country?

Reactions: Zaker89 and cwanja

Was supposed to have the car last night but no new info. I still have heard nothing about my “stuck in transit delays” other than ETA 7/3 and still an appointment for 7/5.. Same VIN, but I sent two texts today asking if there was any movement on the car to my SA and his manager - no news. I get they’re busy though. Wish the trackers still worked so I could see if the car is moving.

Is Tesla working/delivering over the 7/4 weekend after EOQ though? Sounds brutal either way.

Anyone else get their delivery moved that’s here in Colorado or the middle of the country?
Im kansas and youre MUCH further than me

Reactions: Sbaimo

I thought I read that Tesla would be close 7/1 and 7/4. But I dunno. Second hand info

I thought I read that Tesla would be close 7/1 and 7/4. But I dunno. Second hand info
I nearly posted the same, but I could not remember if it was 7/1 and 7/4 or 7/2 and 7/4. Either way, just seems super random days. I get 7/4, but even call centers and places are open with time and a half.

Granted, their EoQ is over. So nothing is SUPER pressing. My SA who works the South US region said Texas has zero inventory cars to sell or even do test drives. They sold every car.

Reactions: mxxg
Well. Today of course I don’t have a car
Delivered, but they did assign a new VIN# without telling me. My insurance already was applying the old vin but I caught them in time to change it. So either something was wrong with my car or more likely they gave it to someone else. Anyway. I still have the bs delivery of today between 9-6. I assume tomorrow morning there will either be a blank for delivery or another bs date for tomorrow.
In a few years this company will be run over by the likes of Toyota or Ford or Mercedes who offers normal to very good customer service. But until those guys get their act together, Tesla is the EV king. Makes me want to puke.
It is amazing how many of us are more forgiving of Tesla and don't hold them to the same standard of customer service as other auto manufacturers. I would not tolerate this kind of treatment from the other companies, but there is something about Tesla cars that has decreased our sensitivity to this kind of treatment. The tolerance gap is narrowing, but will likely take a few more years to reach zero.

It is amazing how many of us are more forgiving of Tesla and don't hold them to the same standard of customer service as other auto manufacturers. I would not tolerate this kind of treatment from the other companies, but there is something about Tesla cars that has decreased our sensitivity to this kind of treatment. The tolerance gap is narrowing, but will likely take a few more years to reach zero.
Yeah it’s called the only real EV game in town at the moment… they have us by the shorties…

• Funny
Reactions: Aplus2005
Honestly, I think it is the quality of the product you get in the end. And the fact that at 5,000 miles you do not get a light that says "maintenance needed" to show up and find out that the $30 oil change, needs a $99 diagnostic fee to address a $400 timing belt that is back ordered for six weeks and will require nine days in the shop without a loaner and require your first born.

Trust me, the up front stress, timing and lack of communication is surely piss poor from Tesla. But the experience and the product after that, as the saying goes "melts it all away".

Maybe and agree but usually other manufactures sell to dealers, they are in the lot, and the ready for ya to buy (minus special orders).
We have had an F150 ordered, built in early April, and sitting in a lot waiting for microchips since then. Dealers and even Ford can’t give a deliver estimate after calling both (which is a pain) and the ETA just shows 10/31/2021 for all of these still. At the same time they have been fully building new ones at reduced capacity and shipping those - infuriating. Especially having a car sit for months in the weather while the manual specifically references the damage it can do not being moved, started, etc. every 15 days…
Other manufacturers are messed up even more, Ford is at least!

Last edited:
Maybe and agree but usually other manufactures sell to dealers, they are in the lot, and the ready for ya to buy (minus special orders).
We have had an F150 ordered, built in early April, and sitting in a lot waiting for microchips since then. Dealers and even Ford can’t give a deliver estimate after calling both (which is a pain) and the ETA just shows 10/31/2021 for all of these still. At the same time they have been fully building new ones at reduced capacity and shipping those - infuriating. Especially having a car sit for months in the weather while the manual specifically references the damage it can do not being moved, started, etc. every 15 days…
Other manufacturers are messed up even more, Ford is at least!
I agree with much of this. And on the whole, American car dealers are a step below the European dealers such as MB and maybe BMW ( I have had issues with their service also) Audi Jaguar are also not the greatest. But even Ford at least tells you the reason as to why there is a holdup. Tesla tells you nothing.
again I am very excited right now waiting for
My car to be delivered in the next 15
Minutes. Cheers

On a serious note.... for those of you who have received their cars does any one know the wheel/ tire size is stock, It seems that the rims I ordered many months ago will not be fitting my car if it ever even comes.

It looks as if the off-set is different and from other websites the width 9.5 fronts 10.5 rears. I was hoping for a 10" or 10.5" squared set up. Has anyone tried this yet? thank you.