Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I ordered a MSLR, white with arachnid wheels in April, last week I had a VIN and a delivery frame for the end of this month. Changed the wheels to Tempest after realizing they were summer tires (My fault), now delivery is blank and no VIN.
I'm wondering - I think the manual shows the 21" are summer tires, and the 19" seem to be either summer or all season - do they decide based on region, or can you specify? If i got summer, i'd sell asap and order all season, preferably run flats - i went through this with my current car - it was a nightmare with 20" rims, I have to imagine the 21" would thin out the tire options even more! I kept getting flats on the 20" all season, as they were not run flat like the summer tires, and I think the run flat (yeah, worse ride) has stronger sidewalks to better support a heavy car.

I'm wondering - I think the manual shows the 21" are summer tires, and the 19" seem to be either summer or all season - do they decide based on region, or can you specify? If i got summer, i'd sell asap and order all season, preferably run flats - i went through this with my current car - it was a nightmare with 20" rims, I have to imagine the 21" would thin out the tire options even more! I kept getting flats on the 20" all season, as they were not run flat like the summer tires, and I think the run flat (yeah, worse ride) has stronger sidewalks to better support a heavy car.
I had this exact conversation with my SA last week. I live in Ohio. He told me the Arachnids only accommodate Summer tires and that I would have to put on all season / winter tires and wheels to make it through the winter. That's why I ordered Tempest. It's basically a free set of winter tires for me. The $4,500 I save by not buying Arachnids will go to 21" summer rims and tires from TS SportLine

I had this exact conversation with my SA last week. I live in Ohio. He told me the Arachnids only accommodate Summer tires and that I would have to put on all season / winter tires and wheels to make it through the winter. That's why I ordered Tempest. It's basically a free set of winter tires for me. The $4,500 I save by not buying Arachnids will go to 21" summer rims and tires from TS SportLine
after 4 flats in 6 months on my 20" rims, including on cracked rim, I bought replica 19" rims, was able to get 19" all season run flats for my benz, and no issues since. Thus, I'm super avoiding the 21" rims. The Summer, and Winter tires, might be run flat, and might have strong sidewalks to avoid the crap i went through, but with lousy NY and NJ roads in the city, I want all the rubber between the road and rim I can get. If there were 18" wheels I might go for those!!!!

Agree with the boiling water analogy and more with reality and with a RN1150, very late May order. Though delivery is blank, I ordered in store with SA who never wavered from Sept/Oct. So that’s the earliest I’ve ever thought about. 🤷🏻‍♂️ I’m also going to assume it may be later being new to this but watching the craziness on orders from 6 months ago still not fulfilled. Life marches forward. Time doesn’t stop. Christmas will be here in a blink and if so, the car too! Checking here is fun to watch RN’s only. Not to get tips on refreshing every 5 minutes to will the car into production. 🤣
Seems like one SA out there that understands ‘underpromise/overdeliver’…hopefully on the overdeliver part! Good luck

Reactions: SgtPepper67
Pretty similar feeling, October holding strong here. Which I am fine with, just regret selling my car as early as I did. But we are not in need of a car, just using my wife's Honda Pilot as a single car family. Plenty of people do it.

About the only thing I will hold out for is someone no longer wanting their car and my SA being able to offer it to me. There is one other configurations I am willing to accept outside of my original one.

Do miss my old S. Handed over the title yesterday and it hurt seeing her haha. But she is in good hands!
I'm in the same boat with selling my S early. The new owner texts me every day, showing how he clay barred it, got new all weather mats, etc. I'm glad it's being loved, but it sucks right now not having it to drive! I have an '08 Corvette (6 speed manual) that's my backup. Because I'm NOT driving my husband's '03 Jeep.

I'm trying to convince myself it is a good thing, that after 8 years of driving teslas, it will make me appreciate it all over again.

There were some posts earlier about the motors, whether they were carbon fiber or not. This is from the owner's manual

Motor Type Long Range Front and rear motor AC permanent magnet synchronous motor, liquidcooled, with variable frequency drive
Motor Type Plaid AC permanent magnet synchronous motor, carbon-fiber-wrapped rotor, liquid-cooled, with variable frequency drive (2x motors in the rear

Reactions: Zaker89
Hi all,

Checking in with a recap and small update. :) I received my Vin this past Friday (July 9th) but I still haven't gotten the email or text to select a pick up day.

My SA confirmed it was born July 7th.

The Santa Barbara delivery center was also able to confirm yesterday that it hasn't been assigned a delivery truck yet, but I should be receiving the text in a couple days.

Estimated Delivery: July 12 - July 15

Hoping I get something soon!

If you haven't seen my previous posts, I'd like to call out again that my SA was RIGHT. About 3 weeks ago, he was able to confirm on his end that my Model S was forecasted to be built in 1-2 weeks. It is always worth asking your SA if they can see more on their end.

Hi all,

Checking in with a recap and small update. :) I received my Vin this past Friday (July 9th) but I still haven't gotten the email or text to select a pick up day.

My SA confirmed it was born July 7th.

The Santa Barbara delivery center was also able to confirm yesterday that it hasn't been assigned a delivery truck yet, but I should be receiving the text in a couple days.

Estimated Delivery: July 12 - July 15

Hoping I get something soon!

If you haven't seen my previous posts, I'd like to call out again that my SA was RIGHT. About 3 weeks ago, he was able to confirm on his end that my Model S was forecasted to be built in 1-2 weeks. It is always worth asking your SA if they can see more on their end.
Can I have an email address for your SA? My SA told me model S LR delivery didn't even start. LOL

I almost fell down when I looked at the TSportsline cost for 21’s. Wheels starting at like $5500 and with tires starting over 7k depending on color. My game plan is same as yours. I also have a Jeep Wrangler if snow gets too bad. I think the all seasons are fine based on how fast roads are plowed nowadays. At this point I’ll probably pass on ppf and use the funds for summah 21’s! Run them 6 months ish each. Garaged most of the time regarding the paint protection - waste of money to me in hindsight anyway all things being equal. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Reactions: Danlbrau