Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
See my post above - I specifically asked my SA and he confirmed I am still in priority que and the $2k is on my account to show when a VIN is assigned.
I would love to be able to "trust" an SA, but unfortunately they do what Tesla headquarters tells them to do. So when I see the discount reflected in my order agreeement, I will believe it. I wouldn't even put it past Tesla to do another price increase on us if this goes to next quarter.

Does anyone have any insight on the order number? Like how many digits it goes? Trying gauge how far back in line I am with RN1151xxxxxxx.
I ordered in late May, LR/White/Cream/Tempest/No-FSD, and I am definitely looking at October on RN1150. My guess is you are around the same month or November if they are doing the famous 1K cars per week.

Hey folks, created account/chiming in as I'm helping someone try to figure out their delivery delay. Glad to have found this thread.

She said she ordered Early Dec 2020. Details, if matters, are:

* Model S Long Range
* RN11427xxxx
* Solid Black
* Cream Premium Interior with Walnut Décor
* Full Self-Driving Capability
* Order Location: Scottsdale, AZ
* No VIN in portal,

If I'm understanding this correctly, the delays are due to a combination of redesign + covid I presume?

Additional info per above (can one not edit posts?) She called this morning was verbally told Sept or Oct for delivery, they didn't give any answers as to why the delay.
Welcome to the forum. Tesla has been infamously non-communicative about the LRs. Sales Advisors are all over the landscape with unfulfilled promises, "I have no information", "you'll get your car in September regardless of when you ordered", etc. We only know that Plaids are a priority, there are parts shortages (videos of MS's missing center consoles), and no true indication of when the LRs will be shipped. And yes, you can edit a post - there's an edit icon on the bottom left side of your post.

Welcome to the forum. Tesla has been infamously non-communicative about the LRs. Sales Advisors are all over the landscape with unfulfilled promises, "I have no information", "you'll get your car in September regardless of when you ordered", etc. We only know that Plaids are a priority, there are parts shortages (videos of MS's missing center consoles), and no true indication of when the LRs will be shipped. And yes, you can edit a post - there's an edit icon on the bottom left side of your post.

Great thanks. So is this currently an LR issue, and if it weren't LR (but still a model S OR a Plaid) it's less of an issue?

Think you can start editing after a certain period of time. I had the same issue earlier today and now I see an edit button.

I'm guessing it's this. These were my first posts, there must be some bare minimum time or additional posts before editing. Or it's just punishment for newbies!

Reactions: cwanja
This might be a screwy thought, but I don’t think most LR’s will be delivered until Elon is happy that he has pushed as many plaid orders as he feels he needs from the plaid delivery date. I see people upgrading to plaid because they want delivery. For the 40k difference it is not worth another months wait. I orders in December

Great thanks. So is this currently an LR issue, and if it weren't LR (but still a model S OR a Plaid) it's less of an issue?

I'm guessing it's this. These were my first posts, there must be some bare minimum time or additional posts before editing. Or it's just punishment for newbies!
It's mix-and-match actually. Certain Plaid orders are also pushed back depending on configuration - white/red with carbon fiber are looking at later delivery dates. On another thread, some CA-based LR orders have June delivery dates holding steady but who knows? In my mind, a black, blue or MSM S has a better chance of getting an early delivery date regardless of whether it's a Plaid or an LR.