Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
From blank to August this am. While not ideal, hopefully they work out any kinks in the line between now and then.
as a lr 11450 feb order who had march,april, blank, one day with a dash, blank/reach out, monday with an august, then blank/we will reach out to you again on tuesday i'm going to irrationally hope your august and 1147 means a july is possible on my end. But this is probably setting me up for disappointment. Hope your month sticks though or better yet is updated sooner!

Reactions: gadelrosario
As of this AM, switched from Blank to August…first time I have seen August. At this point that seems more realistic…
Don’t hold your breath.
as a lr 11450 feb order who had march,april, blank, one day with a dash, blank/reach out, monday with an august, then blank/we will reach out to you again on tuesday i'm going to irrationally hope your august and 1147 means a july is possible on my end. But this is probably setting me up for disappointment. Hope your month sticks though or better yet is updated sooner!
I just paid a visit to the Columbus Ohio service center to make a slight modification to my model S order. There is a plaid Model S sitting here for delivery to some lucky soul today. My SA gave me a look up close at the car. Stunning. Now I am more excited to get mine.

Hey everyone, misery loves company so figured I'll join in on the fun. Ordered mine on 1/1 pre-refresh, black exterior, black interior, 19', no fsd, RN1143. Blank for almost 5 months, had a June1st-30th delivery for about 3 days, than blank for 2 more days, back to June for 1 day and now blank again for about 3 weeks. Hoping we start seeing some deliveries in Austin, TX. My SA has gone silent for about 3 months so this my source of information.
I have these exact same details in NJ. I didn't have the revolving door of dates like some. Just June 1-30 for a few days, then June for 1 day, now nothing since. I suspect your config is 19" wheels, right?

Hello. Been watching this group for a while without posting. Signed up to hopefully pay it forward.

got a VIN today randomly. No email alert as seems to be the trend

Prerefresh order: I2/17/2020
VIN today: 5YJSA************
White model S long range
Cream interior/walnut decor
21 in arachnid wheels.
Full self driving
Estimated delivery: 6/25-6/30

very excited. Has been a LONG wait.
It’s a welcome sight that Tesla is finally doing it right by starting to fill those pre-refresh orders. 👍🏻

LR daily update!

March -> August -> June 1-31 -> August -> June 22-30 -> June 21-30 -> Blank -> June -> June 21-30 -> June -> Blank -> June -> August -> June 22 - 30 -> Blank (for the past 5 days)

-> Now back to August as of this morning.

Still holding on tight to my SA's email from yesterday.

SA - "On my end, I see that your Model S is forecasted to go into production soon. I just can see that there is a forecasted start date that is within 1-2 weeks. Building the car is actually pretty quick start to finish only takes a few days."

Reactions: cwanja
LR daily update!

March -> August -> June 1-31 -> August -> June 22-30 -> June 21-30 -> Blank -> June -> June 21-30 -> June -> Blank -> June -> August -> June 22 - 30 -> Blank (for the past 5 days)

-> Now back to August as of this morning.

Still holding on tight to my SA's email from yesterday.

SA - "On my end, I see that your Model S is forecasted to go into production soon. I just can see that there is a forecasted start date that is within 1-2 weeks. Building the car is actually pretty quick start to finish only takes a few days."

Dude... this one hurt me bad. I went from June 22-30, and am now blank, if it goes to August I am absolutely canceling my Tesla order. No shot I can stomach waiting 8 months.

So I talked to an SA earlier this evening and he said that very thing when I was contemplating changing my order. Northeast with rough roads and ice and snow and aggressive low profile 21’s don’t mix well.
I had a BMW550 low pro’s. Potholes made my life hell particularly after a bad winter, never again would I drive on 21” in the Pa area. I’m no fan of how the 19’s look but at least in the Bimmer I had a spare.

Reactions: JimLL
Don’t hold your breath.

I just paid a visit to the Columbus Ohio service center to make a slight modification to my model S order. There is a plaid Model S sitting here for delivery to some lucky soul today. My SA gave me a look up close at the car. Stunning. Now I am more excited to get mine.
PS. I asked the SA what kind of information he’s now getting out of corporate regarding orders. He said the information they’re getting now is even worse than it was a few weeks ago. Basically headquarters is telling the SAs nothing .

Dude... this one hurt me bad. I went from June 22-30, and am now blank, if it goes to August I am absolutely canceling my Tesla order. No shot I can stomach waiting 8 months.
I think the ETA's aren't honest right now. I saw in the other thread an SA admitted they are broken. Also, we've seen folks go from blank and other random dates to getting Vin's immediately. We should be alright! Hang in there.

Reactions: Fwizzy
FWIW my Benz S550 came with 20" rubberband wheels, summer tires (fun flats). I got them off ASAP with 20" all season (but not run flats). They didn't make 20" run flat all seasons in the widths I needed (AMG wheels). Then the NJ roads got me - 4 flats in about 8 months, including a cracked rim. Basically, the car was too heavy for the 20" non-run flats. I then got replica 19" rims, 19" all season run flats, and it's been great since. Moral - I want the most rubber I can get between the rim and the pothole laden road. (and forget about what driving in NYC is like!) Your mileage my differ (pun intended) but I didn't give the larger wheels a second glance for that reason. Even if the larger wheels were less expensive I'd go for the smaller ones. Just my .02.
Oh the cracked rim had the same issue with low pro’s 700.00 for a new on top of all the flats I got.

Reactions: JimLL
I think the ETA's aren't honest right now. I saw in the other thread an SA admitted they are broken. Also, we've seen folks go from blank and other random dates to getting Vin's immediately. We should be alright! Hang in there.
From an SA yesterday regarding the estimate dates and how accurate it is:
Honestly they tell you it's accurate but it's kinda vague on purpose. I'm getting a ton of VINs matched already for clients from earlier in the year. The estimate will update as we get closer to your production queue

It's not fun at all waiting 8 months. I'm already there. If I get mine in August it will be 10 months. Yet people who ordered after us are getting them on the east coast. I'm really trying to wrap my head around this, but there is no rationalization for this kind of treatment.

there is a 1145 ny lr black cream 21 order that posted on model s and got a vin last night with delivery in late june. This is slightly later than mine and now leads me to believe the 19s are what is holding up the order but probably am wrong who knows at this point

Reactions: Danlbrau and reddy
there is a 1145 ny lr black cream 21 order that posted on model s and got a vin last night with delivery in late june. This is slightly later than mine and now leads me to believe the 19s are what is holding up the order but probably am wrong who knows at this point
Correct. We are seeing every combination of color and interior mentioned, except for 19 inch wheels.

How difficult can it be to get 19 inch wheels in Fremont ?

Reactions: Danlbrau