Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Here are my final thoughts after having my Arya (MSLR 19") for 2 weeks (700+ miles)
  • Yoke is a non-issue now. I love it on the highway, easier u-turns than a round steering wheel and I've built enough muscle memory that city driving is very comfortable now.
  • This car has a much bigger butt than my Lexus. Curbed her on day 3 :( My son needed his Dunkins and the drive-through was a tiny maze with lots of curves. (No more Dunks for him.)
  • I got full front PPF, but no ceramic - just a nice wax. Easy to clean and so far, good protection - I do regularly drive on some gravel roads.
  • The car was delivered with summer Pirelli's - even though I live in Massachusetts. Those who got their cars a week later got A/S Continentals. I pushed hard at delivery to get them swapped to A/S for free, and that is scheduled to happen on Friday. Fingers crossed.
  • Privacy panels were missing from the trunk. They will send them to me when the parts come in.
  • I found a puddle under my car in the garage on a non-rainy day. It was clear and didn't feel greasy, so I think it was water that was trapped in the undercarriage panel. Scared the crap out of me, but I've been watching and so far, no leaks.
  • So far, so good with everything else.
Now that I have my baby, I've gotten hours of my life back not checking for a VIN, but I now use those hours learning more about her! This is my first Tesla and it was definitely worth the wait. I wish the rest of you luck and speedy deliveries. These are awesome cars. Enjoy!View attachment 710931
My configuration. Nice ride! Thanks for the comments. Looking forward to mine... :)

Reactions: Pdubs and cbil_bos
Not even close. Made a call to my agent at the time I ordered the car. Only going up $360 a year with Statefarm. Still waiting for delivery but confident it will hold.
I'll use USAA in Florida...and it's going up about $400.00 from my 2018 Lexus 405h F-Sport Hybrid....or about $2K total a year. Florida is on the higher side for insurance. In CA, many people use Tesla auto insurance. Tesla does not offer insurance in Florida.

Here are my final thoughts after having my Arya (MSLR 19") for 2 weeks (700+ miles)
  • Yoke is a non-issue now. I love it on the highway, easier u-turns than a round steering wheel and I've built enough muscle memory that city driving is very comfortable now.
  • This car has a much bigger butt than my Lexus. Curbed her on day 3 :( My son needed his Dunkins and the drive-through was a tiny maze with lots of curves. (No more Dunks for him.)
  • I got full front PPF, but no ceramic - just a nice wax. Easy to clean and so far, good protection - I do regularly drive on some gravel roads.
  • The car was delivered with summer Pirelli's - even though I live in Massachusetts. Those who got their cars a week later got A/S Continentals. I pushed hard at delivery to get them swapped to A/S for free, and that is scheduled to happen on Friday. Fingers crossed.
  • Privacy panels were missing from the trunk. They will send them to me when the parts come in.
  • I found a puddle under my car in the garage on a non-rainy day. It was clear and didn't feel greasy, so I think it was water that was trapped in the undercarriage panel. Scared the crap out of me, but I've been watching and so far, no leaks.
  • So far, so good with everything else.
Now that I have my baby, I've gotten hours of my life back not checking for a VIN, but I now use those hours learning more about her! This is my first Tesla and it was definitely worth the wait. I wish the rest of you luck and speedy deliveries. These are awesome cars. Enjoy!View attachment 710931
Thx for posting about the wide width of the car. I have to set aside funds in my monthly budget for curb rash treatment. Add that to maintenance of annual car costs for urban drivers, I suppose.

Reactions: cbil_bos
These insurance rates you all are throwing around are crazy. I have state farm and it's $120/mo for full coverage (500 deductibles) , I'm early 30s with no record.
Every state is differant. When I lived in upstate NY, interestingly, my rates were lower than living in Florida... To many people driving with their right blinker on all of the time... :) One benefit of Oregon...

Reactions: cwanja
Woke up this morning and immediately checked my account on my phone before exiting bed, as I’ve done every morning for nearly 6 months now. The page looked different, didn’t have an EDD, and was asking me to re-submit financing. Concerned I was losing my place in line or something stupid, I jumped on my computer and saw that my EDD had moved up from October 07-27 (which it had held at without change for the last month) to September 23-30. However, it needs me to resubmit my financing info. I called Tesla, they are closed. So I submitted the form online, suffered another hard credit check, and now the website is once again is asking me to resubmit the financing form. So I’m in some sort of purgatory until Tesla opens (in an hour, I think?).

MSLR, MSM, Cream, 19s, no FSD, RN1147, ordered April 1 to Dallas.

I’m both excited about the prospect of receiving my car as early as next week, but cautious because of this financing BS, and, well, we are still talking about Tesla.
That happened to me last week - except my EDD had moved up from October 2 weeks ago and then financing expired notice last week -which that is now complete.... Oh well, I guess I'll just wait and see what happens.

I'm an old dude in his 50s still waiting for my S. The Yoke is one of my biggest concerns too in large part because (as clearly implied from the question), I have 3 decades of driving experience with a round wheel and stalks. Lot of muscle memory and no young teachable muscles or neurons left in the tank.

If I had patience, I would have waited. I still go to the mall often (my wife finally figured out why I started tagging along with her while shopping so much) in the off chance they will have a demo car to try out but obviously no luck there.

I'm sorry to hear about your experience. Hopefully, it will not bother me or I'll get used to it or find a 3p round wheel (TSportline?). Lot of money to spend otherwise. Maybe this is why my son recently picked an apartment whose garage has a line of car chargers. He's probably hoping I'll give up (like I did with FPS shooters about when he went to Middle School) and he'll end up with the Model S.
Why you saying 50s is old?

My EDD has been blank for about 2 weeks. As of this morning it shows Dec 15 to Jan 3. I have a current lease expiring in October, and am going to extend it until the new car arrives. Does anyone know if you can do multiple extensions? For example, if I select the one month extension on the website with the hopes that my delivery moves up then can I go in again later and select another one month extension?

• Informative
Reactions: MEL-22
Curious if anyone experienced this. My loan offer expired the other day.

I filled out the application and submitted it last night. It showed me a sign telling me they will contact me with approved offer.

I checked this morning and that sign is missing and pretty much shows the loan application fields to be filled out.

How long could this application take? Also, is there anyway to find out if my loan application actually went through.

when i filled out the app early this year it was approved in a few min. So this is a bit strange.

Re: insurance - I live in a place where there are few people, almost no crime, and not many cars to hit or be hit by - just deer. That, no commuting, and a clean record means I'll pay only $1100-1200/year.

Got a text, email and a phone call yesterday - "Your car is here. Can you confirm you're coming for it?"

RN1144 / ordered January 27, 2021 / Long range / Red / Cream / 19-inch / I’ll drive, thank you / Delivery app’t: Tuesday!, Mt. Kisco, VIN 441XXX.