Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What’s your build? Seems like everything is 19”s

if you have 19”s then that just sucks.
Yup, they are 19"s... =/
I’m in the exact same boat. Also 30 minutes from Fremont. Exact same build I think (MSM Black 19s). Order date 1/27. What gives???
If it's the exact same build then that's even more messed up =/. I think the main frustration is that the payments were the same and we have no way of actually finding out why certain people are being deprioritized over orders made months later.

Yup, they are 19"s... =/

If it's the exact same build then that's even more messed up =/. I think the main frustration is that the payments were the same and we have no way of actually finding out why certain people are being deprioritized over orders made months later.
Was your order before the 10k price increase and the other after the 10k price increase? If yes, then there is the answer

• Disagree
Reactions: doubleshot
I have a friend who is in the ceramic coating business for vehicles. Has his own shop. Has coated close to 1,000 Teslas. He is saying that the paint quality of what is coming off the line now is excellent....so much more improved over what Tesla was doing even just a year ago. Has coated several LRs and Plaids redcently and is impressed. Yes!
Makes me happy to hear this!!

I have a friend who is in the ceramic coating business for vehicles. Has his own shop. Has coated close to 1,000 Teslas. He is saying that the paint quality of what is coming off the line now is excellent....so much more improved over what Tesla was doing even just a year ago. Has coated several LRs and Plaids redcently and is impressed. Yes!
Great to hear! Thanks for the info!

Reactions: LiveSai
Was your order before the 10k price increase and the other after the 10k price increase? If yes, then there is the answer
He already said his order date was Jan.
The other post who got his VIN was March. The price increase, if I recall, was June.

My EDD just went from Sept 24 to Sept 27-30. I have no VIN.

We've all posted there is no rhyme or reason to their totally screwed up system.

He already said his order date was Jan.
The other post who got his VIN was March. The price increase, if I recall, was June.

My EDD just went from Sept 24 to Sept 27-30. I have no VIN.

We've all posted there is no rhyme or reason to their totally screwed up system.
Yeah mine just updated today to 9/26-9/30. Obviously, not expecting the car in the next 4 days so why do they even have an algorithm that would suggest such an EDD? I think that's the worst part

RN1150 May LR order. White/white, 19”. Went from November to February to blank to

Estimated Delivery: December 13 - January 02​

I hoped the feb/ blank was in anticipation of a vin….This gets more depressing on a weekly basis
The white interiors are still slow bro, check out the thread. I ordered months before you, EDD october. Most of the ouija board reading when it comes to the automated monkey that changes dates does not apply to white interiors.

New thread for FSD driving button on 2021 Plaid & Long Range:

That’s just not right.
Just got a VIN! RN 1146 OD 3/9/21 Model S LR MSM 19” Black interior No FSD. EDD was at 9/24 to 9/30. I’m 30 minutes from Fremont so it’s no surprise that I’m in the EOQ rush. Paid off the balance and this baby should be delivered by the end of the month!
Yeah mine just updated today to 9/26-9/30. Obviously, not expecting the car in the next 4 days so why do they even have an algorithm that would suggest such an EDD? I think that's the worst part
To be fair things move very quickly if you’re close to Fremont. My EDD kept tightening until it hit 9/24 to 9/30. 9/24 at 9:30pm I got an email to make my final payment. I linked my bank account immediately and then 8am on 9/25 I got a text to arrange pickup in Vallejo. Vallejo of all places?? I never specified delivery or pickup when I made my reservation.

So I’d say there is a chance that you can get your car by 9/30 if you live in the Bay Area. Maybe they are just rolling a bunch of MSM 19s off the line right now.

Got a call from the SC about my pick up Monday. Told me they don't have the back trunk cover piece but said service call will deliver it to my house soon. It does have all the floor mats.

Tried to get me pick up tomorrow at 5 but insurance not set to kcik in until Monday. All good as we are spending the night in Savannah and waking up first thing to go to SC

6/12/21: Ordered LR 19s white interior midnight ext
9/23/21: EDD 11/28-12/12
9/25/21: EDD "February"

Harrumph. This is our 5th Tesla delivery since 2014, and each time there has been drama about the delivery date, and in the case of the early 5 seat X order, whether it would ever be built (wound up with a 6 seat X at a compromised price ...).

RN1150 May LR order. White/white, 19”. Went from November to February to blank to

Estimated Delivery: December 13 - January 02​

I hoped the feb/ blank was in anticipation of a vin….This gets more depressing on a weekly basis
I have the same configuration with a two month earlier EDD though I ordered 4 months earlier…so waiting two months longer.

I waited almost 3 years for my Model 3…and it was so worth it. So a ten month wait, if they keep to the EDD, is really a great improvement.

I see a lot of complaining on this site …and not much appreciation. I like to think that most people at Tesla are trying to do the best job they can for the company, for the customer, for the investors in the light of the shortages, production variations, cancelations, logistic issues and constant changes. Perhaps they are doing the job we would do if we had their job.

I think that all of us here are so fortunate to be able to purchase a $100,000 car…that we just don’t need. It is a preference. I am so grateful to those who designed and produced such an amazing vehicle.

Waiting for the S now is part of what is. I look forward to its arrival, as was said here, like a five year old at Christmas. However being 83, I very much want the Model S to arrive while I am still young enough to enjoy it.

I have the same configuration with a two month earlier EDD though I ordered 4 months earlier…so waiting two months longer.

I waited almost 3 years for my Model 3…and it was so worth it. So a ten month wait, if they keep to the EDD, is really a great improvement.

I see a lot of complaining on this site …and not much appreciation. I like to think that most people at Tesla are trying to do the best job they can for the company, for the customer, for the investors in the light of the shortages, production variations, cancelations, logistic issues and constant changes. Perhaps they are doing the job we would do if we had their job.

I think that all of us here are so fortunate to be able to purchase a $100,000 car…that we just don’t need. It is a preference. I am so grateful to those who designed and produced such an amazing vehicle.

Waiting for the S now is part of what is. I look forward to its arrival, as was said here, like a five year old at Christmas. However being 83, I very much want the Model S to arrive while I am still young enough to enjoy it.
Well said. I just got done reading a book on Musk and he definitely pushes the envelope and in doing so, tries hard to fulfill the envelope he is pushing. As with SpaceX, Tesla is doing things no one else is doing at prices most are not even close to doing. I can't wait...

For me it's 2 issues, 1)the over promise and under deliver 2) inconsistency in order and delivery dates.

For 1, i understand because EVs are revolutionary and it also helps drum up interest.

For 2,i dont understand. Why some that ordered in Jan or Feb get later EDD and VIN than say March or April with same config. True, it would be good to know if these are the exceptions rather than the rule. I suspect, without any evidence, they are a small minority. However this seems basic (can easily to prioritize with software) that it should almost never happen, coming from the perspective of someone who NEVER was involved in this type of manufacturing.

Teslas are amazing, and yes we are fortunate but I believe I create my own luck by working hard.

Hope you (and we) enjoy your (our) MS