Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ouch - that really really sucks. It's the 27th today and my EDD is still 9/28 to 9/30 with no VIN and I have similar configuration to you but with black interior - i.e. blue/black/19"/no FSD. I currently have no FSD simply b/c I have it on my model X and also my old model S before that (which I traded in for the X). My X software upgrade only yesterday gave me to option finally to opt into the FSD beta. That's $17,500 across the two cars and only now do I get what was promised when I bought my first Tesla 6+ years ago. If I'm wow'd on the Model X maybe then I'll pay the extra or move to subscription.
I just got a VIN since posting this 5 mins ago and a request for payment. I guess miracles can happen for EOQ!

I doubt, because I paid the $10k FSD and that's pure profit and my EDD keep pushing back, but then I completed my profile before the price hike, so I end up getting the FSD sort of for free..

Btw, the TESLA website doesn't allow me to change the configurations any more, however it still allows me to remove the FSD, by removing the FSD, will it bump up the price?
I'm not sure how they account for FSD - it could be some of it is taken as profit now and other of it over X years since it is software; 3-5 years? With wheels though, that is surely booked with its profit as 100% immediately.

7th day of EDD holding steady at Oct 04 - Oct 24. I had Sept delivery dates for the month of August, then flipped to Oct EDD in September. W/B/19s batch coming - God willing - in Oct based on my anecdotal data gathering from others on this forum. RN1146
I have the same configuration...in Tampa, FL...but my EDD is Mid-December. RN1150XXX, so later than you,. After talking to my Tesla Advisor, they believe the mid-December date (11/30/21 - 12/20/21) is probably the most realistic...

The wait is over for me and I have my car! It truly is like nothing else and the ride is incredible. I’m getting used to the yoke. But those buttons on it are so sensitive! I can’t stop accidentally hitting the turn signals and wipers! I pray there will be a fix for this.
So weird because I’ve seen this a lot but I have not had this issue. Maybe I’m just making sure not to touch them whenever I’m turning or have my hands on the sides.

For any Canadian folks (I'm in Vancouver), I ordered in late April and for the past 2 months had Sept 19-30 listed as my delivery window (white/black w 21s). On the 19th, it changed to Sept 23-30. Yesterday, it changed to Sept 26-30 and I received the email inviting me to pay for the car. As well, the motor vehicle purchase agreement (which lists the VIN) appeared in the documents section of my account. I had contacted my SA last week and she indicated that the car was physically here but that I could not yet see it as it had not been prepped for delivery. We'll see what happens in the next few days.
Hi, Any Update on this? I am in Van and ordered a few weeks after you, same configuration with FSD. I'm still waiting for a VIN but this looks like good news.

I've been following this thread for quite some time but will go ahead and add a data point/current experience.

Ordered: 3/16/21 (pre-price increases)
Planned delivery location: Vallejo, CA
Style: White, LR, 19" rims, black interior
Initial estimate: 8-10 weeks (not even close!)
Communication from Tesla: None
EDD: Changed numerous times but in the past 6 weeks it was steady with date 9/14-9/30. As the date approached the EDD date narrowed all the way down to 9/26-9/30 just prior the past weekend. Logged in today and new EDD is 10/18-11/7. I am actually not upset and as I hoped to get a 2022 VIN and from reading the past posts this is now likely.
From Electrek

Elon Musk said that this week will be Tesla’s (TSLA) “most intense delivery week ever” in a new email to employees.

Mine still Sept 27 to 30 but ordered 1 month after you.

If i do get mine at EOQ, hope the doors don't fall off on the way home.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-09-27 at 12.16.13 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-09-27 at 12.16.13 PM.png
    63.6 KB · Views: 69
  • Screen Shot 2021-09-27 at 12.18.36 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-09-27 at 12.18.36 PM.png
    61.1 KB · Views: 53
From Electrek

Elon Musk said that this week will be Tesla’s (TSLA) “most intense delivery week ever” in a new email to employees.

Mine still Sept 27 to 30 but ordered 1 month after you.

If i do get mine at EOQ, hope the doors don't fall off on the way home.
Isn't every quarter the "most intense delivery quarter ever"? I worked in software for 25 years....the current Q was always the most intense Q!

The wait is over for me and I have my car! It truly is like nothing else and the ride is incredible. I’m getting used to the yoke. But those buttons on it are so sensitive! I can’t stop accidentally hitting the turn signals and wipers! I pray there will be a fix for this.
Bruh! Your words mean NOTHING without pics! Post em. Oh, and congrats!

I'm not sure how they account for FSD - it could be some of it is taken as profit now and other of it over X years since it is software; 3-5 years? With wheels though, that is surely booked with its profit as 100% immediately.
Very possibly. I was going to upgrade the wheels, but they had already raise the price and I didn't want to spend extra $10k on top of the $4.5k wheels, so I scrapped that idea.