Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey everyone! I finally caught up all 500+ pages of posts haha, new member here! I ordered a MSLR Blk/Blk, no fsd, with 21” on 2/24, changed the order to 19” wheels on 6/16 (prior to price changes with my SA). Had a edd of September 26-30, till Monday it switched to Nov 3-23!!! SA initially said I’d be getting a eoq delivery, doubt it now. No one is respond 0_o. Luckily my eoq model y from June has been amazing and a perfect build but I want my model s!!

Give your eyes a rest! 😭

From what I've been reading, it looks like MSM EDDs are pushed back farther than other colors. I placed my order in May, live on the west coast, and have been hovering in the December EDD for the past couple of months. I preserve my sanity by coming to this thread every day and seeing all those gorgeous pics posted by the new owners and knowing one day I'll be doing the same... and with a 2022 VIN. ;)

Patience my fellow LR citizens!!!

Anyone interested in providing the Cliff notes version of understanding RN numbers(if different than numerical order) and more importantly VIN numbers?
The first three digits after MF (currently, NF will be 2022 model years) sequence tells when the car was built. 440 built before 441, etc. etc. There was some concern about cars sitting in a lot for months that would eventually be delivered thus a lower VIN number. There is zero evidence to that of date and new VINs continue in sequence.

RNs is a black box of mystery and may or may not have relevance to Tesla and the ordering process.

Reactions: Fitz1414
Not quite sure they are all there yet. My LR / black / white still shows 11/28 to 12/18 and yet there are LR orders (order date and RNs) prior to mine that show a later delivery window. I either fully expect theirs to move up or mine to move back and likely the latter of the two. Unless Tesla is going to magically start delivering a ton of white interiors before other cars, which I doubt.
Well, like I said, white interiors remain slightly behind in the race. Others still don't make sense, with earlier RNs getting later dates. What I am seeing now is that things are more falling into line, rather than total nuts beforehand. Of course, this is only if things hold true, which is often not the case with Tesla.

Last edited:
Reactions: cwanja
thank you

Reactions: drdonger
Not a unique situation.

If you wait till 2024 to take delivery, you’ll get more for it when you sell it in 2025.
Nice response...just trying to be helpful to folks with the same dilemma who don't "have" to have the car right now and their options.....but since you want to be smart why don't you go learn about delayed gratification to become more of a genius

Nice response...just trying to be helpful to folks with the same dilemma who don't "have" to have the car right now and their options.....but since you want to be smart why don't you go learn about delayed gratification to become more of a genius
I actually feel the same way as you. I get it when someone says that they don't want to get the latest technology because something better may come out soon. No need to wait, just get what is out now. What you said is an entirely different matter, and quite rational. I definitely would wait a week or to get a later model year. That does make a resale difference. Big time. What you did NOT say was "I want to wait a year to get a 2022" or "three years to get a 2024: as he clearly implied.
Jeez folks, be cool.

I just got off the phone with Tesla and the rep told me that an error in the system pushed out a bunch of vins to customers without the cars being built. They pulled the vins and pushed back deliver dates on a TON of orders today. Looks like another 2 or 3 weeks for us.
I wonder if that's why I got a VIN yesterday. My EDD had been pushed to Oct-Nov then I suddenly got a VIN out of no where....very interesting

Reactions: cwanja