Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got that magical text from Tesla yesterday…they have a Black/Black LR with 21” if I want it. This was the original color combination I ordered and having gone back and forth between white and black (I think the car looks awesome in all colors), I took it and will be picking it up today. Apparently, at EOQ, Tesla wont charge you the price increase if you take another configuration…
Congrats and enjoy! I figured they would charge the price difference if it helps them move a car.

Reactions: Ormond
After holding steady through most of September at October 11 to October 31, I got bumped to November 3 to November 23. June / 1151 order. Mixed feelings about this, but it should mean that I get a 2022 which I think is a plus.

The uncertainty of the process is troubling, all you can do is check frequently until you actually take delivery.

This forum is invaluable and I appreciate all the posts -- particularly those with pictures!

One good thing, I put the delivery date range on my wall calendar using Post-It tape, so I can move it easily.

It does mean I'll be well into the winter tire period.

Last edited:
Got that magical text from Tesla yesterday…they have a Black/Black LR with 21” if I want it. This was the original color combination I ordered and having gone back and forth between white and black (I think the car looks awesome in all colors), I took it and will be picking it up today. Apparently, at EOQ, Tesla wont charge you the price increase if you take another configuration…
Congrats!! That is my same configuration as well! Do you know why they texted you to offer you something different?

What are your car details?

MSLR White/Black/19 (NO VIN), NO EDD, RN11535, The Woodlands, Texas. Ordered July 27.
It is in their custom banner. If you are on a mobile device, you need to turn it to landscape to see the signature plus custom banner.

LR MS RN1149, white\black, 19”, no FSD ordered 5/1​

It is in their custom banner. If you are on a mobile device, you need to turn it to landscape to see the signature plus custom banner.
That's my bad.. I didn't see it over there. I'm a July order so I need to cool my jets for sure. I ordered a BMW X5 5.0 in 2018. This MSLR is going to replace it and it was built in 6 weeks. I knew that my wait would be longer, just hoping its less than 4-6 months, I know some of you have waited longer... you have my sympathies!

My delivery date just got pushed out too! Now sitting at October 25-Nov 14.
RN 1149, white/black/19s - May order! At this point … who knows when I’ll actually get my car.
Yup! Mine was standing steady at Oct 25-Nov 14 for almost a month plus, stopped by the SC yesterday and they had Nov 16 date, which I mentally thought to myself, "Damn.. That's outside the range so it is going to get postponed, and sure enough, just now, moved out a few weeks.. Wonder if it is MSM or Chicago area orders. April 10 Order... I am losing my faith and need to find a way to stop checking status 10 times a day..

This forum is very useful to keep my sanity and most importantly learning a lot about the car and what to lookout for at delivery and beyond.. Thanks y'all.....

Can someone here give some insight into the time from build to delivery date? I am curious as to when we may see some 2022 VINs show up.
Speaking of, when did they start this supposed changeover to the next year on Oct 1? My 2018 75D was delivered on 12/29/2018, and one would think it would be a 2019, but no.

I do think the EDD and RN numbers are falling more in line. I’ve seen folks with 1150-1153 scheduled for October/Nov, and I’m 11533 slated for first two weeks of December, and those 1154 and beyond seem to mostly be falling in line behind me. That gives me some degree of hope for more logic heading into Q4

Reactions: Vinny860
Can someone here give some insight into the time from build to delivery date? I am curious as to when we may see some 2022 VINs show up.
Speaking of, when did they start this supposed changeover to the next year on Oct 1? My 2018 75D was delivered on 12/29/2018, and one would think it would be a 2019, but no.
I would suspect you could start to see some 2022 VINs show up on Tuesday or Wednesday that were built Friday or Saturday. But do not be surprised if it is another week after that.

Reactions: Vinny860
I do think the EDD and RN numbers are falling more in line. I’ve seen folks with 1150-1153 scheduled for October/Nov, and I’m 11533 slated for first two weeks of December, and those 1154 and beyond seem to mostly be falling in line behind me. That gives me some degree of hope for more logic heading into Q4
I have a 1149 number and my date is mid December. Even though it showed EOQ delivery mid September and then it jumped. My order is MSM with white interior and 19s

really hoping for an October delivery. Im in a serious need of a car

I have a 1149 number and my date is mid December. Even though it showed EOQ delivery mid September and then it jumped. My order is MSM with white interior and 19s

really hoping for an October delivery. Im in a serious need of a car
FWIW Mines 1152 and it's still blank
When I first ordered it said October, then blank, then Feb, then blank, Feb again, and now blank again for last 15 days or so. Really hoping it's December as I've got a roadtrip planned in Jan

I read those reviews also. You have to be careful how you interpret them. The specific Continentals for our car are staggered sizes front to rear and they are T1 rated, meaning Tesla specific. They are designed for a heavy EV. The bad reviews are all from ICE vehicles that are not staggered sizes. If they are using an EV tire on an ICE car, they won't perform properly. The ICE vehicles are too light to properly load the tire. Also, it's possible they bought a non-T1 version of the tire, if it exists, meaning the review doesn't apply as it's a tire with different internal structure. Tires for EVs are different. TireRack lists 2 versions of the Pirelli summer tires our cars come with. One is Mercedes non-EV rated and one is Tesla TO rated. Different price, seemingly identical in all other specs, but the Mercedes version is for non-EVs and has different internal construction. Since they don't list an identical non Tesla specific version of the Continental, it is my opinion the bad reviews are caused by people using the wrong tire construction on their ICE vehicles.

These continentals have been coming in the model 3 and model y before and if you search the forum pretty much the consensus is that they suck in snow. In my experience OEM tires always underperform significantly from what you can buy in your own. Also there are plenty of large lux ICE vehicles in the market that are both staggered setup and weigh close to the same is the s.

I wrote last night that my order with an EoQ EDD for which I received a VIN wasn't going to make it (still in production) had the VIN pulled last night and had a new EDD of "February". This morning it still doesn't have a VIN but now shows an EDD of 10/4 to 10/24.

I have a hunch that since the VINs turn over into the new model year on 10/1 (the person at the delivery center I spoke to yesterday confirmed this) they had to generate new VINs for cars that missed the 9/30 cutoff and are now slated for production after 10/1. If that's the case they could simply have sent an email explaining this, but no, that means communicating with your customers instead of putting 'February' as a placeholder.

Hopeful that I'll get the car at some point in October but I won't believe it until I am sitting in it.

I wrote last night that my order with an EoQ EDD for which I received a VIN wasn't going to make it (still in production) had the VIN pulled last night and had a new EDD of "February". This morning it still doesn't have a VIN but now shows an EDD of 10/4 to 10/24.

I have a hunch that since the VINs turn over into the new model year on 10/1 (the person at the delivery center I spoke to yesterday confirmed this) they had to generate new VINs for cars that missed the 9/30 cutoff and are now slated for production after 10/1. If that's the case they could simply have sent an email explaining this, but no, that means communicating with your customers instead of putting 'February' as a placeholder.

Hopeful that I'll get the car at some point in October but I won't believe it until I am sitting in it.
Well, people like me are really hoping people like you who have an earlier RN# get your cars ASAP. It moves the list closer to people like me who are waiting. ;)