Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

My Jan order now moved again. So tired of this. I guess all I can do is keep waiting​

Your Model S​

RN1144

View Design Details

Estimated Delivery: November 23 - December 21​

We will reach out to you to schedule your delivery date. Delivery time frame is based on order date, profile submission, delivery location and vehicle configuration.

To cancel your order, submit a request
Wow what a joke

My Jan order now moved again. So tired of this. I guess all I can do is keep waiting​

Your Model S​

RN1144

View Design Details

We will reach out to you to schedule your delivery date. Delivery time frame is based on order date, profile submission, delivery location and vehicle configuration.

Sorry. Mine hasn’t changed yet, but the day is not over yet. Also RN11440… in SoCal

Reactions: Tigers

Your Model S​

RN1144

View Design Details

They really don’t like delivering those $79K Model S.

Fun with numbers.
I was curious to see how the published 0-60 times for the LR compare to calculated values. I found a really neat online calculator that lets you input a good number of parameters. I used 4561 pounds for the car, 160 pounds for payload (I'm not a big guy), awd electric sedan with direct drive, dry conditions and "normal" tires. It produces a theoretical 0-60 time of 3.08 seconds, which agrees nicely with the published spec of 3.1. However. If you change the tires to "performance", which the summer Pirelli or Michelin tires are, the 0-60 time drops to 2.38 seconds!

I wonder if Tesla lists the LR time for the AS tires to make the Plaid on performance rubber look that much better, or if the LR is slightly detuned at the moment. If the latter, there could always be an OTA performance boost in the future.

Here is a link to the calculator..https://www.omnicalculator.com/everyday-life/0-60.

Here's an interesting update... If you plug in the numbers for a Plaid, Raven and P100D, you get very close to the published 0-60 times for each of these versions, as long as you select performance tires. As soon as you select normal tires, they all drop to the same 3.08 seconds. So if you have any of them and run AS normal tires, the acceleration to 60 is the same as it is limited by the grip of the tires. I knew there should be a theoretical difference with a stickier summer tire, but I didn't realize it could be this big a difference. Of course there are other differences with the new drive train in acceleration at highway speeds, as the new cars keep pulling where the older ones slack off.

I have too much time on my hands and every time I look at things like this I get more and more excited to get the thing.

Last edited:

Your Model S​

RN1144

View Design Details

Ugh, that sucks. I’m pretty worried this is going to happen to me. I’m also a Jan order RN144 MSM black 19s. I’m in my delivery window, which is now Oct. 24-Nov. 14 but every day it pushes back a few days. I wouldn’t be surprised to see it suddenly push to December.

I wonder if they’re not producing MSM or if they’re just screwing over those of us who ordered before all the price increases. It’s super frustrating.

Reactions: Tigers
I got tired of waiting and ended up ordering a MYP, which has now has a late November EDD...but with this price increase I'm thinking it's smarter to just hold out for the car I really want (never cancelled my MS order, EDD is 1/8-2/5) and have some built in equity. Just hope that the Yoke doesn't end up being an issue, seems like most reviews are pretty positive.
Do you have a SA at the LV store? Mine was Joel seven oh * 5five0-236one. He can get more information on your car. He got me mine.

Do you have a SA at the LV store? Mine was Joel seven oh * 5five0-236one. He can get more information on your car. He got me mine.
what.gif

What charge rates are you current lucky owners getting at home? With my 2017 MS75D, I would get about 29 MPH of range on my garage charger. I have heard folks getting up to 40 MPH on the new S. True?
My back of the envelope calculations are based on my prior experience with a 70D on my Wall Connector (V2) in my garage. That car got about 3.118 MPH /KW on the WC. I'm supposing about a 7% increased efficiency on the MS LR for miles of range added, and that I'm going to be limited to 48A x 240v on the WC (for 11.5 kW).
Code:
3.118 MPH /KW x 11.5 kW x 107.4% = 38.5 MPH

Reactions: Louiedog
My son who lives near Fremont, CA took delivery of his Performance Model Y in Dec 2020 and received a 2021 VIN. He thinks they move them forward in December.

At this point I don't really care about the model year as I'll probably keep it 5 years or more and I ordered at a much lower price back in May 2021. I'll take what ever VIN they send me as long as the vehicle is a recent manufacture, passes my inspection, and not an earlier "rejected car" with visible repairs.

And I can live with the delays as long as I see something delivered in the next few months.

They don't. That was a one-time thing last year to help coordinate the newly created Model Y with the Model 3.