Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
2,000 miles on the car since taking delivery in early December. Basic review: LOVE IT. Have had zero issues. And the latest software update giving the blind spot camera view when a turn signal is on is awesome. I have taken 3 trips of 250+ highway miles. Rides so smooth on the highway, much better than my 2017 MS75D. Yoke steering wheel...big fan of it. Simple to get used to and it's a comfy grip especially on long highway rides. Do I miss the stalks? No. Not at all. Buttons were simple to learn. Charging is much faster, which is nice. A full charge for mine reaches 406 miles. On the 250+ mile trips I took on the highway, the temperate was about 40 degrees, and I averaged 75 MPH on about 70% of the trip. Actual range under those conditions has been about 320 miles. Will only improve when weather gets warmer here in the midwest in the spring and summer. My occasional flooring the accelerator to experience the face melting speed is also not helping my range efficiency, but I cannot help myself :)
Overall, thrilled with the car.
My assessment is similar...I just need to stop traveling and get more miles in it. The technology is amazing. For me, my first Tesla, I'm glad I jumped in and the wait for me was worth it. I'm not sure I could go back to a traditional gas vehicle...or an electric car not being a Tesla. Tesla is unique, and it clearly has the upper hand on electric engineering and technology.

Update
My SA from Schaumburg Tesla sent a text this morning stating there was a match available to my RN1151 MSM order and if I was ready to take delivery this year. Well, YES! After I confirmed that my June purchase price was intact, it was full steam ahead.
There were something that threw up a flag. Build details changed stating a steering wheel in stead of a yoke. I confirmed with my SA, it was in fact a yoke. She said it was a system glitch happening recently.
I was assigned a VIN this morning and am moving forward as much as possible with Tesla insurance and setting up the electronic payment.
This a pleasant surprise after getting moved back to Jan/Feb 3 weeks ago.

In

Due to the 60Amp outlet. Your might be 40Amp
Here's the screen shot - 240V/60A breaker, charging at 48A, 45 MPH. Perhaps the Gen-3 documentation is for pre-refresh MSLR? Any other explanations? Thanks.

MSLR Gen-3 Charge Rate - 45 MPH.jpg

Tesla just called me. Said I haven't matched because of white interior which still may be a month or two away. They had my exact car with black interior instead. Screw it, I'm taking it!
Sounds like a sales pitch to me. You’re a RN1148 order with a mid Jan EDD. Everything I’ve heard from the many reps I’ve spoken to suggests that my white interior is coming in early/mid Jan. Of course, they could all be wrong, but I haven’t heard anyone say that it’s going to be another month or 2 months out for white interiors.

Good that you are happy with moving to a Blk interior, but this sounds like a an attempt to close out a quarterly revenue target to me vs what’s really going to happen. I guess you’ll know if they were being dishonest if white interiors start rolling out after the new year.

Last edited:
Reactions: jackk
Tesla just called me. Said I haven't matched because of white interior which still may be a month or two away. They had my exact car with black interior instead. Screw it, I'm taking it!
Same here I took black interior and even the larger wheels as not to wait anymore. I am glad you did and I recommend everyone to just take what you can or what is offered to you and don’t be too picky as long as it works. Cause once the line shuts down most likely it will be cranking the Xs after it opens up again and god only knows how long will it be for the s

Same here I took black interior and even the larger wheels as not to wait anymore. I am glad you did and I recommend everyone to just take what you can or what is offered to you and don’t be too picky as long as it works. Cause once the line shuts down most likely it will be cranking the Xs after it opens up again and god only knows how long will it be for the s
How are you getting these calls? I don’t have a specific SA

Sounds like a sales pitch to me. You’re a RN1148 order with a mid Jan EDD. Everything I’ve heard from the many reps I’ve spoken to suggests that my white interior is coming in early/mid Jan. Of course, they could all be wrong, but I haven’t heard anyone say that it’s going to be another month or 2 months out for white interiors.

Good that you are happy with moving to a Blk interior, but this sounds like a an attempt to close out a quarterly revenue target to me vs what’s really going to happen. I guess you’ll know if they were being dishonest if white interiors start rolling out after the new year.
Possibly, but I wasn't married to white interior and my current lease expires 1/20/22. And to whoever asked about price, same price as original order minus 2k for black interior

Reactions: Ginag1127
Same - SA said the production freeze is next week, my car is not even in the build stage yet. I’m looking at a late January early February build. Told him i would hold only for the possibility of redesigned tail lights. Wanted to match us with a black interior with our wheels. He also mentioned the plaids in stock.

Same - SA said the production freeze is next week, my car is not even in the build stage yet. I’m looking at a late January early February build. Told him i would hold only for the possibility of redesigned tail lights. Wanted to match us with a black interior with our wheels. He also mentioned the plaids in stock.
We have the same config, I have slightly earlier reservation RN1152, and I'm in Midwest while your all the way down the east coast yet your EDD is earlier than mine. I don't know what wrong with Tesla.

I’m not questioning the decision to get a car faster, but I question the validity of the information being thrown out there by your so-called SA.

First off, why would they all the sudden tell you that there will be a delay because of a shut down? It’s not like they wouldn’t have known this, so why tell you in the last few days of December when they happen to have a different car ready??

Also, why would they shut down S production and work on X? What’s your source for this info?

I’ve talked to a few people at Tesla and not one person knew about a shut down when I asked. It feels weird that they would just suddenly throw this out there to you at the most convenient time.

I’ve been waiting on a white interior since May, so I’m sure I can wait a bit longer.

Reactions: fsabek and jackk
I’m not questioning the decision to get a car faster, but I question the validity of the information being thrown out there by your so-called SA.

First off, why would they all the sudden tell you that there will be a delay because of a shut down? It’s not like they wouldn’t have known this, so why tell you in the last few days of December when they happen to have a different car ready??

Also, why would they shut down S production and work on X? What’s your source for this info?

I’ve talked to a few people at Tesla and not one person knew about a shut down when I asked. It feels weird that they would just suddenly throw this out there to you at the most convenient time.

I’ve been waiting on a white interior since May, so I’m sure I can wait a bit longer.
I assume this is all just BS until we hear it direct from Tesla.

My biggest regret when I bought the model 3 was getting the black interior. I got the black to save money and to get the car faster. Don't get me wrong it was defiantly nice, but the white interior was just so much better looking when I saw and rode in one. You can upgrade the Tesla exterior color, wheels, and FSD. However, you can't upgrade the seats color. If I've known I would've waited and spent lil extra on the white interior. Now I know, SSI I'm not gonna make the same mistake on the model S. Just my 2 center.

Reactions: CongoBongo
Wanted to check into the waiting room and see how everyone was doing. I ordered my LR in February and finally got it in September and have enjoyed putting 8,000 kM (5,000 miles) and believe me that ALL of the pain and frustration of being jerked around by Tesla vanishes with the very first launch and you will love the car. The yoke is loved and hated (I love mine) but the design, fit and finish of the car is excellent but the performance NEVER EVER EVER gets old ! Sure, I had a quality issue with pleating on the passenger seat and a couple other issues with airbag system faults but Tesla was on top of them and I will never go back to an ICE car (came from an M540).

Stay the course, try not to check for updates more than 25 times a day and don’t waver as the juice IS worth the squeeze….

You will see 😊! Happy New Year folks !

Ordered early November. EDD showed April, then March, then November, then June for the past month. Got a call today that a MSLR matching my spec was available for delivery tomorrow. Ummm. That's some short notice even from the Tesla Monkey. Especially since I'm out of town for a couple more weeks. And don't have funding set up as yet. And don't have insurance. So, I had to decline. The sales advisor was pleasant and said he'd put me back in the queue for late January. Never even got a chance to check the VIN for 2021 or 2022. Another day in the life of a Tesla customer.

Reactions: JeffN