Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ordered early November. EDD showed April, then March, then November, then June for the past month. Got a call today that a MSLR matching my spec was available for delivery tomorrow. Ummm. That's some short notice even from the Tesla Monkey. Especially since I'm out of town for a couple more weeks. And don't have funding set up as yet. And don't have insurance. So, I had to decline. The sales advisor was pleasant and said he'd put me back in the queue for late January. Never even got a chance to check the VIN for 2021 or 2022. Another day in the life of a Tesla customer.
That totally sucks man. I would guess it’s a 2022 that ended up as one of the following:

1. A rejected order for someone else that arrived at your delivery location (or somewhere around there). Might be a refused delivery due to an issue or simply for other reasons
2. An order that was originally supposed to go farther out east but is seeking someone to pay now to ensure EoQ delivery.

Reactions: JeffN
I’m not questioning the decision to get a car faster, but I question the validity of the information being thrown out there by your so-called SA.

First off, why would they all the sudden tell you that there will be a delay because of a shut down? It’s not like they wouldn’t have known this, so why tell you in the last few days of December when they happen to have a different car ready??

Also, why would they shut down S production and work on X? What’s your source for this info?

I’ve talked to a few people at Tesla and not one person knew about a shut down when I asked. It feels weird that they would just suddenly throw this out there to you at the most convenient time.

I’ve been waiting on a white interior since May, so I’m sure I can wait a bit longer.
2nd this. I will just wait until my configured S is ready, given that I have another small EV to drive.

Reactions: JeffN
Picked up this beauty this afternoon. Absolutely love it. No missing parts and everything looks good. Acceleration is amazingly fast but I didn't try many times due to the not so well road condition here in Seattle area. Had to reschedule my pick up once due to the same reason. I also expected that the camera calibration would take much longer due to unclear lines and everything, but it turned out to be pretty quick, like 15 miles.

The car was still covered with some snow when I got home. I have to thank the amazing people from the Renton dealer to keep my car in good condition in such
Picked up this beauty this afternoon. Absolutely love it. No missing parts and everything looks good. Acceleration is amazingly fast but I didn't try many times due to the not so well road condition here in Seattle area. Had to reschedule my pick up once due to the same reason. I also expected that the camera calibration would take much longer due to unclear lines and everything, but it turned out to be pretty quick, like 15 miles.

The car was still covered with some snow when I got home. I have to thank the amazing people from the Renton dealer to keep my car in good condition in such weather.
You picked up from renton today ? Did you see any blk/blk in lot waiting to be get picked up?

Update
My SA from Schaumburg Tesla sent a text this morning stating there was a match available to my RN1151 MSM order and if I was ready to take delivery this year. Well, YES! After I confirmed that my June purchase price was intact, it was full steam ahead.
There were something that threw up a flag. Build details changed stating a steering wheel in stead of a yoke. I confirmed with my SA, it was in fact a yoke. She said it was a system glitch happening recently.
I was assigned a VIN this morning and am moving forward as much as possible with Tesla insurance and setting up the electronic payment.
This a pleasant surprise after getting moved back to Jan/Feb 3 weeks ago.
What config did you have? Wheels/interiror

Reactions: chrisdh79
I’m not questioning the decision to get a car faster, but I question the validity of the information being thrown out there by your so-called SA.

First off, why would they all the sudden tell you that there will be a delay because of a shut down? It’s not like they wouldn’t have known this, so why tell you in the last few days of December when they happen to have a different car ready??

Also, why would they shut down S production and work on X? What’s your source for this info?

I’ve talked to a few people at Tesla and not one person knew about a shut down when I asked. It feels weird that they would just suddenly throw this out there to you at the most convenient time.

I’ve been waiting on a white interior since May, so I’m sure I can wait a bit longer.
I read somewhere that they have multiple lines producing 3 and y and one line for both x and s. My understanding that they haven’t been producing x at all with exception of very few back in October. That’s where I got the impression the shut down could or might be related to the x production also since many have been pushed to March April edds. Again with how crazy the model s delivery monkey has been I would say get any car you can get asap. Especially ones that can’t wait anymore.

Reactions: Dayreg and LiveSai
Update
My SA from Schaumburg Tesla sent a text this morning stating there was a match available to my RN1151 MSM order and if I was ready to take delivery this year. Well, YES! After I confirmed that my June purchase price was intact, it was full steam ahead.
There were something that threw up a flag. Build details changed stating a steering wheel in stead of a yoke. I confirmed with my SA, it was in fact a yoke. She said it was a system glitch happening recently.
I was assigned a VIN this morning and am moving forward as much as possible with Tesla insurance and setting up the electronic payment.
Jealous jealous jealous. Also a June order. Also in Chicago. Man I want my car. Congrats to you though.

Update
Hmm.. Early April MSM order in Chicago and still Jan 6-Feb 3 for over a month and a half. Hope it sticks. I bet it will arrive when I am Utah for a short ski trip late Jan. Excited..... Happy for you. Enjoy the car in good health...

You picked up from renton today ? Did you see any blk/blk in lot waiting to be get picked up?
I can't remember very clearly. But there were a white one and another blue one. They have two lots, one for delivery and one for service. They got mine in the service area before picking up. I guess that's what they normally do since there are chargers in the service area.

Reactions: Vick sandhu
Still waiting for a VIN here too. Still says December 29-31. I am giving that a 1% chance of happening. Granted, I haven't called or talked to a single person this entire time. I will probably call today. Is it recommended to call your service center directly or is there a better number to call? Thanks!

Still waiting for a VIN here too. Still says December 29-31. I am giving that a 1% chance of happening. Granted, I haven't called or talked to a single person this entire time. I will probably call today. Is it recommended to call your service center directly or is there a better number to call? Thanks!
Even though you call to your service center number , some random person from anywhere in nation will answer, unless you have someone’s direct number at local delivery center.

Reactions: chrisdh79
Even though you call to your service center number , some random person from anywhere in nation will answer, unless you have someone’s direct number at local delivery center.
This is a matter of fact. Thank you for mentioning it. I have spoken to about at least 10 different people in going on 7 months and they want you to think they are ”your contact”, either via a text message or a phone call when in truth, I’ve spoken to people all over the country assuring me that my car was being built. I’ve been told my car was “being built” since August (June Order) and have always been told, the next batch is looking good. What I’m trying to say is this. Nobody and I mean nobody you speak with knows any more or any “secrets” as to when your delivery will happen. Sure, some get lucky and receive a lucky guess that happens, but for the majority of us, there is no receiving your car until you receive your car. Tesla has your RN number, they should eventually have a VIN number, but aside from verifiable data, they, and I must state this clearly. THEY do not know and are not privy to ANY “hacks” for obtaining anything more then you yourself can see on your order page which in most instances, isn’t backed by anything more than a computer algorithm performing updates to dates that are more than randomly selected based on the parameters they are feeding into it at the time it is run.

This is a matter of fact. Thank you for mentioning it. I have spoken to about at least 10 different people in going on 7 months and they want you to think they are ”your contact”, either via a text message or a phone call when in truth, I’ve spoken to people all over the country assuring me that my car was being built. I’ve been told my car was “being built” since August (June Order) and have always been told, the next batch is looking good. What I’m trying to say is this. Nobody and I mean nobody you speak with knows any more or any “secrets” as to when your delivery will happen. Sure, some get lucky and receive a lucky guess that happens, but for the majority of us, there is no receiving your car until you receive your car. Tesla has your RN number, they should eventually have a VIN number, but aside from verifiable data, they, and I must state this clearly. THEY do not know and are not privy to ANY “hacks” for obtaining anything more then you yourself can see on your order page which in most instances, isn’t backed by anything more than a computer algorithm performing updates to dates that are more than randomly selected based on the parameters they are feeding into it at the time it is run.
I think there is some soft match gate that they can see which we don’t but that also seems to keep changing and not reliable and that’s why some SA s mention it and some don’t.

Reactions: Buggybug
I think there is some soft match gate that they can see which we don’t but that also seems to keep changing and not reliable and that’s why some SA s mention it and some don’t.

I do think that that is mostly accurate. There is definitely a 'soft match,' but that is fed by the exact same system. Still mostly pointless I think. I just called and my car is supposedly scheduled to leave the factory on the 31st. I'll have to see that to believe it. The whole system is kind absurd, but we've all known that this whole time.

Still crazy to me that I even have the potential to get a car earlier than a lot of other even with a relatively high RN1157.

Reactions: stars
I do think that that is mostly accurate. There is definitely a 'soft match,' but that is fed by the exact same system. Still mostly pointless I think. I just called and my car is supposedly scheduled to leave the factory on the 31st. I'll have to see that to believe it. The whole system is kind absurd, but we've all known that this whole time.

Still crazy to me that I even have the potential to get a car earlier than a lot of other even with a relatively high RN1157.
Soft matches are nothing more than a way to get you to keep your order and wet your appetite. I recall a conversation I had with a Tesla rep at the Westmont Illinois store around July of 2020. He told me plain out that you won’t know anything until you receive your VIN number and at that time and that time only, can you expect to receive your delivery date for your car. No soft matches, no back system hack, no anticipated window that “looks good” and certainly no escalated knowledge based on the persons in store job duty. Everyone in the store knows the same as everyone else. When you say tell me something about my order, they simply pull up your order, the same order as you already see, and then pull out the “feed ’em this line this time” nonsense. I would have really rather heard since June that “we don’t know”, then having been told more times than I can remember that ”your car is being built”.