Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yes, you do have to provide authentication information for your bank. It's done through a third party service called "Plaid" ( no relation to the Tesla Model S Plaid ). My financial advisory firm uses this Plaid service to gain access to my financial assets in external platforms, and it's never been a problem for me. If you're not comfortable using the Plaid service, you should be able to bring a certified bank check with you when you pick up the vehicle. Of course, you should confirm this with Tesla.
Can this authentication be conducted in advance? How long does Plaid service take to complete? Curious if this can be done same day or takes a few days to complete.

Yes, you do have to provide authentication information for your bank. It's done through a third party service called "Plaid" ( no relation to the Tesla Model S Plaid ). My financial advisory firm uses this Plaid service to gain access to my financial assets in external platforms, and it's never been a problem for me. If you're not comfortable using the Plaid service, you should be able to bring a certified bank check with you when you pick up the vehicle. Of course, you should confirm this with Tesla.
You do it all in app in a matter of minutes, provided your bank works with plaid. It'll give you a search feature to find your bank in it.

Can this authentication be conducted in advance? How long does Plaid service take to complete? Curious if this can be done same day or takes a few days to complete.
Whenever I've used Plaid, the authentication either works instantaneously, or not at all. However, the only time it hasn't worked for me is for one very small institution, which was a community bank whose parent is in South Korea. For the large institutions ( Wells Fargo, Chase, Bank of America, etc. ), Plaid has successfully authenticated instantaneously.

Yes, that's what others on here have said. I just wonder why they require user ID and password. I was able to set up other connections that I use, for example between my brokerage account and my bank account, without having to do that. Some companies do the authentication by depositing very small amounts of money to your account and then asking you to tell them how much was transferred. I guess I can change my password immediately after the transaction goes through, but I'm not happy with this process because it gives plaid full visibility into all of my banking transactions.

Reactions: Neon001 and JeffN
Much more information on plaid here. An excerpt:
  • What about... I pair my Bank account [then] transfer money and then change the Bank password? I assume, if someone breaks into Plaid he would get an old password, so I guess it's safe.
  • That would protect your account, but be careful, as it will likely lock you out of your account - because Plaid will keep trying to log in with the old password and failing. ... (I speak from experience, I did this to myself, I had to change my bank username to get my account unlocked (and stay unlocked) again.)
I think I'll be trying this technique instead:
In the Plaid UI when linking your bank account, you can close the "select your bank" dialog using the "X" in the upper-right corner, and then you'll be presented with a new option to add your account "manually". At this point, you are only prompted for normal ACH info (routing and account numbers). I suspect this option is intentionally hidden. Hope this helps.

Last edited:
Home delivery date set for 1/31 for my MSLR white on white w/arachnids. Ordered in Oct so it's coming in faster than I would have expected with the current supply chain realities. Had to buy a set of OEM 19" wheels & tires for the Cleveland winter as I couldn't find all seasons for the 21" wheels. I wish I would have known the issue with finding tires as I feel like I'm spending an extra $3k on wheels/tires that could have been included but I guess I'd still be out the cost of the all season tires. Looking forward to the Tesla experience!

Home delivery date set for 1/31 for my MSLR white on white w/arachnids. Ordered in Oct so it's coming in faster than I would have expected with the current supply chain realities. Had to buy a set of OEM 19" wheels & tires for the Cleveland winter as I couldn't find all seasons for the 21" wheels. I wish I would have known the issue with finding tires as I feel like I'm spending an extra $3k on wheels/tires that could have been included but I guess I'd still be out the cost of the all season tires. Looking forward to the Tesla experience!
What’s your RN? Were you able to get a inventory vehicle? Congrats nonetheless!

Be sure to use the delivery checklist to help in finding any defects.

Reactions: RxVanco
The 19” wheels in most cold climate states now come with A/S continental tires. I picked mine up in late December and got A/S as did may others.

Thanks for the advice on transferring my RN 1150 order to my brother in law. Called Tesla at 1 888 518 3752. Account stayed the same (login, password, email) but they changed my name, phone number, address, driver's license for his on the account and future car registration. They even turned on the trade feature so that he can trade his car in as needed. Since he lives in NY, they had to change the delivery from NJ to a dealer close to him in NY. I won't have to be present when he takes delivery and purchases the car. Fairly easy. They mentioned that their goal is to make the transfer and purchase process as headache free as possible. Very nice, particularly since they will honor the pre-hike price on this May 2021 order.

Does all 21 inch come with summer tires? If so, where do you guys get 19 inch wheels? Recommendations?

• Informative
Reactions: chrisdh79
EDD just got pushed out to April 2 - April 30... o_O
A phenomenon has been described on these pages whereby ones EDD jumps far out followed within days by a flurry of activity including jumping back closer, narrower range and then VIN. Surely hoping that's what's going on for you because your RN is just ahead of mine. Living vicariously through you.

A phenomenon has been described on these pages whereby ones EDD jumps far out followed within days by a flurry of activity including jumping back closer, narrower range and then VIN. Surely hoping that's what's going on for you because your RN is just ahead of mine. Living vicariously though you.
I hope that is the case as I see many people have mentioned that as well, and the fact that so many June orders are getting VIN and delivered 🤞

I hope that is the case as I see many people have mentioned that as well, and the fact that so many June orders are getting VIN and delivered 🤞
I'm in a different reality where I've had a two week delivery window for the past month or two. Every time I get to the start of the window, it moves back a few days.Latest move from 17-30 Jan to 20-31 Jan.
I hope this means I'm getting close or I could be Sisyphus.