Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Nice I ordered the full Tesmanian liner kit

I have the Tesmanian liner mats for my MYP. I was disappointed in the quality. Fitment was not perfect and it had a terrible smell for weeks even though I aired them out. I am going to try to wait for Maxpider mats this time around.

Those new headlights were spotted in a completely different country for reasons unknown to all of us.
There have been two testing mules seen in Fremont CA in December 2021. One on the highway on public roads and one testing on the Tesla factory track.

The tail lights require new rear quarter panels and a new rear hatch.
Based on photos the headlights and the taillights will not require any body work changes.

i_mssqxnk_x2_1__5c611f071eddee925909dc01ea0ec106f6cc268e.jpg

TEsla-Model-S-2022-update-2.jpg

Tesla_S_Plaid_1.jpg

Tesla-Model-S-2022-update-1.jpg

I have the Tesmanian liner mats for my MYP. I was disappointed in the quality. Fitment was not perfect and it had a terrible smell for weeks even though I aired them out. I am going to try to wait for Maxpider mats this time around.

There have been two testing mules seen in Fremont CA in December 2021. One on the highway on public roads and one testing on the Tesla factory track.

Based on photos the headlights and the taillights will not require any body work changes.

Tesla_S_Plaid_1.jpg

1642798978118.gif

Tesla_S_Plaid_1.jpg

I agree that the headlights won't require new body work, but the tail lights that wrap around the fenders have a larger door to accommodate the ccs charger. Because that part of the light is inset into the fender, the fender will require a different opening for it. The hatch no longer has the horizontal bar that was held on I think with clips, rather than glue, so there would have been holes for the clip fittings that are no longer needed, unless they just clip on a body colored thing, but from what I can see there doesn't appear to be anything there at all.

MSLR deep blue metalic, 19" wheels ordered Nov 2021. EDD when ordered was Dec 2022, then June 2022, then April 2022. Then changed to June 2022 yesterday.

This thread shows a tons of people waiting. It reminds me of that Seifeld episode at the rental counter in the airport. Jerry said "you know how to take the reservation but you dont know how to keep it".
App now says March 29 - March 30. They must be serious, this is the shortest EDD window so far!

EDD shifted this morning, start date went back but it pulled in the end date as well to a 14 day window. Now 10 Feb - 24 Feb.
Whenever I see your EDD moving that gives me some hope that I may see mine around the same time. Our cars have to come to NJ by train and then come down on I 95S. Maybe they have a shipper finally to transport the cars from Fremont in mid-late Feb and possibly our paint supplier also can deliver only in Jan. Who knows?

Reactions: rdmdriving
Whenever I see your EDD moving that gives me some hope that I may see mine around the same time. Our cars have to come to NJ by train and then come down on I 95S. Maybe they have a shipper finally to transport the cars from Fremont in mid-late Feb and possibly our paint supplier also can deliver only in Jan. Who knows?
Are you still sitting on the same 30day window? It looks like they might finally have our batch of MSM coming up so hopefully you see something soon!

Picking up my car in a couple weeks, and wondering about tires. I know the summer tires are Pirelli, but what are the all-seasons? Google seems to say "Michelin Pilot Sport All Season 4", is that accurate? Just want to know what to look for and make sure I get all-seasons.
Back in August, the AS were Continentals, similar to this.
1642806568192.png

This has been one of the best forums. Actively reading all the posts since my order in July.
RN1153
NF468
Ordered 7/14, MS, White, Cream, 19", No FSD
Pickup Kansas City, EDD Feb 4 to Mar 4

The biggest challenge in the order process is a lack of communication from Tesla, it's just a long waiting game. For me, the pickup location is nearly 400 miles away. I've made a Southwest Airline reservation as a placeholder dating back to some of the delivery estimates last December. Thankfully Southwest doesn't charge for changes to a reservation and able to move it around several times.

How do you know that?
By reading on TMC sometime back it seems like Teslas are sent by freight trains by Union Pacific or BNSF. According to what I read Chicago is the train destination for north-east and mid-west and Birmingham, AL is the train destination for south and south-east deliveries. For us in the mid-Atlantic we need to get the cars from one those destinations. I have heard thro other forums and people seeing cars on I 95 who were told by their SCs that the cars come from NJ to us. On this forum someone wrote that cars come to NJ by train and that is the part I am not sure. It is possible they are transported by those big trucks from Chicago to NJ and then come to mid-Atlantic. Are we getting cars straight from Chicago instead of NJ? I don't know the answer.

This has been one of the best forums. Actively reading all the posts since my order in July.
RN1153
NF468
Ordered 7/14, MS, White, Cream, 19", No FSD
Pickup Kansas City, EDD Feb 4 to Mar 4

The biggest challenge in the order process is a lack of communication from Tesla, it's just a long waiting game. For me, the pickup location is nearly 400 miles away. I've made a Southwest Airline reservation as a placeholder dating back to some of the delivery estimates last December. Thankfully Southwest doesn't charge for changes to a reservation and able to move it around several times.
I have the same build configuration as your car and my EDD moved to Feb 7 - Feb 21. First 2 week window in my EDD history!

To quote Field of Dreams … “If they build it, it will come”. 1146 march 2021 order, just picked Tessie up yesterday. White/cream/19”/FSD. Traded in 2016 S - Tesla actually gave a very competitive offer.

It will be worth the wait. Yoke is a blast, the car and tech are phenomenal. My 3rd Tesla (2012 S P85D, 2016 S 90D) and the improvements are tremendous.

Hang in there and hoping your delivery is soon. 👍🙏

I agree that the headlights won't require new body work, but the tail lights that wrap around the fenders have a larger door to accommodate the ccs charger. Because that part of the light is inset into the fender, the fender will require a different opening for it. The hatch no longer has the horizontal bar that was held on I think with clips, rather than glue, so there would have been holes for the clip fittings that are no longer needed, unless they just clip on a body colored thing, but from what I can see there doesn't appear to be anything there at all.

The old style taillight has a lot of dead space next to the charge port. The new port utilizes this area and they made the light in the housing smaller. I also don’t think the tail gate is new. In the new car I can see a line above where the old appliqué sits. I am betting it’s a body colored plastic snap on.

I certainly could be wrong but I am basing this on how Tesla does updates (minimally). For example, the model x refresh does not have any new body panels except for the bumpers.