Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Please, please, please make sure the car they give you has all season tires. Many Model S vehicles in the northeast, including mine, have been shipped by Tesla with Pirelli summer tires. I refused to accept delivery of the vehicle, and the service center ordered all seasons for me, which delayed the delivery by 3 days, but I got the right tires for the conditions here in the northeast. The road and weather conditions for Sunday in Long Island ( or any winter day in Long Island ) are such that you do not want to be driving a $100k vehicle on summer tires, as they lose traction in cold temperatures ( see my earlier post on this ).

Good luck to you.
JeffN: Thank you for the heads-up. I am picking up my Plaid (Red/White/19'') on Saturday Feb. 5 in Princeton and will contzct them before to make sure it is equipped with AS tires

Reactions: JeffN
Holy cow! You cracked your windshield on the ride home? Or was it cracked when you picked it up?
Didn't notice it when I picked up, but noticed it immediately when I got home so I assume it was on the drive back. No visible chips or anything to suggest it was from driving though.

What is the range in your new model s? I am a NF469 and pick up my car next Sunday. My SA informed me that my car had the “new“ battery, whatever that means!
All 2021 refresh+ cars have a "newer" battery that allow it to charge at 250+kw, but with slightly less capacity than the previous ones.

Reactions: rdmdriving
Didn't notice it when I picked up, but noticed it immediately when I got home so I assume it was on the drive back. No visible chips or anything to suggest it was from driving though.

All 2021 refresh+ cars have a "newer" battery that allow it to charge at 250+kw, but with slightly less capacity than the previous ones.
From 104 kWh to 100 kWh and raised the pack voltage to 450 volts. The 'new' battery has less kWh capacity but more range.

Last edited:
Just got home with the new car. 50 mile drive and loved every second of it. The delivery experience was superb. I could have been in and out in 10 minutes if I wanted to, but the SA wanted to go through the car with me and help me set everything up. He didn't want me to leave until he was sure all my questions were answered. Very thorough.
About the car.
Immaculate. Paint and interior are perfect. No problems with seats or wood trim. It had 7 miles on it.

Missing pieces....the SA pointed them all out to me before I even looked and said they would be brought to my house as soon as they get them. I was missing the parcel shelf and the larger of the 2 covers in the trunk floor.

Tires... I never even got to ask. He immediately told me the car had summer tires and they have ordered the all seasons for me. They will contact me when they come in and I can set up a service appointment to have them swapped.
I drove it home on our post blizzard roads and using them on snow is squirrelly. However, as previously noted, I learned to drive in the 1960s on bias ply tires and completely manual brakes. I can drive carefully until the all seasons arrive.

Love the yoke. It just disappears when you're driving and feels very natural to me.
The sound system is awesome.
I did not get fsd but you can turn on fsd visualizations which are very helpful.

Its now somewhat snow covered on the sides after my ride home, but it will be living in my unsheltered driveway subjected to weather and over flying birds.

It's currently plugged in getting free charging from the sun. It automatically saw my Tesla wall charger and set itself to it's maximum charging rate of 48 amps.
The forum does not recognize the heic format pictures my camera produces. I will need to try to change them later and try uploading them at that time.

As others have said...it's worth the wait.

Just got home with the new car. 50 mile drive and loved every second of it. The delivery experience was superb. I could have been in and out in 10 minutes if I wanted to, but the SA wanted to go through the car with me and help me set everything up. He didn't want me to leave until he was sure all my questions were answered. Very thorough.
About the car.
Immaculate. Paint and interior are perfect. No problems with seats or wood trim. It had 7 miles on it.

Missing pieces....the SA pointed them all out to me before I even looked and said they would be brought to my house as soon as they get them. I was missing the parcel shelf and the larger of the 2 covers in the trunk floor.

Tires... I never even got to ask. He immediately told me the car had summer tires and they have ordered the all seasons for me. They will contact me when they come in and I can set up a service appointment to have them swapped.
I drove it home on our post blizzard roads and using them on snow is squirrelly. However, as previously noted, I learned to drive in the 1960s on bias ply tires and completely manual brakes. I can drive carefully until the all seasons arrive.

Love the yoke. It just disappears when you're driving and feels very natural to me.
The sound system is awesome.
I did not get fsd but you can turn on fsd visualizations which are very helpful.

Its now somewhat snow covered on the sides after my ride home, but it will be living in my unsheltered driveway subjected to weather and over flying birds.

It's currently plugged in getting free charging from the sun. It automatically saw my Tesla wall charger and set itself to it's maximum charging rate of 48 amps.
The forum does not recognize the heic format pictures my camera produces. I will need to try to change them later and try uploading them at that time.

As others have said...it's worth the wait.
Congratulations and glad you had a great experience. It seems so all over the place for folks. Mine was like yours with an SC that went out of their way to ensure the car was perfect and/or anything missing was documented up front. Car came with AS and they have been excellent with the few things I needed to have fixed (couple of airbag faults that always seem to be wiring harnesses that were not plugged in firmly or locked). Glad you love the yoke. Join the love/hate club ! I am with you and love the yoke, find it natural and have 6k miles on it and have never had to think about where my steering wheel was. I respect and appreciate the varying views and the forum the forums give us to share. Enjoy the car !! As for the tires, mine came with AS but in the end, even living near Toronto, I could have taken summers as I ended up buying rims/snows anyway.

View attachment 762114
I'd say it's relatively small for now but who knows where it will grow from there. I didn't notice it while driving but found it when I got home and did a detailed inspection
What does Tesla do in situations like this where the glass is cracked or the car is dented. I find reports of this deeply troubling and plan to do a very detailed inspection before taking the car home.

I assume that Tesla will repair/fix these issues at no charge. For the price of a Model S, the thing should be darn near flawless. I’m willing to accept some of the well documented minor build issues, but dents and cracked windshields is completely unacceptable to me…

Congratulations and glad you had a great experience. It seems so all over the place for folks. Mine was like yours with an SC that went out of their way to ensure the car was perfect and/or anything missing was documented up front. Car came with AS and they have been excellent with the few things I needed to have fixed (couple of airbag faults that always seem to be wiring harnesses that were not plugged in firmly or locked). Glad you love the yoke. Join the love/hate club ! I am with you and love the yoke, find it natural and have 6k miles on it and have never had to think about where my steering wheel was. I respect and appreciate the varying views and the forum the forums give us to share. Enjoy the car !! As for the tires, mine came with AS but in the end, even living near Toronto, I could have taken summers as I ended up buying rims/snows anyway.
Thanks. I have never felt the need for dedicated winter tires. AS have always worked well for me. Maybe if I lived in the great white north, I would opt for 2 sets of wheels and tires.

🥳 Tuesday can’t come soon enough.

Attachments

• 388EBF62-3119-4B4B-B6C8-9883221A65F8.jpeg
    388EBF62-3119-4B4B-B6C8-9883221A65F8.jpeg
    334.1 KB · Views: 111
One of the few VIN's near me to pop up on this board. You ordered a couple of weeks before me. Do you plan on picking up at the store or home delivery? The Schaumburg store really pushed home delivery when they tried to deliver an MF428 at the end of the year. They really didn't want me to visit the store. Maybe it was a COVID thing, I didn't ask.
Congratulations!
One of the few VIN's near me to pop up on this board. You ordered a couple of weeks before me. Do you plan on picking up at the store or home delivery? The Schaumburg store really pushed home delivery when they tried to deliver an MF428 at the end of the year. They really didn't want me to visit the store. Maybe it was a COVID thing, I didn't ask.
Congratulations!
My pickup location is the newest Naperville location. I did my test drives of the Y, X, and 3 between there and Westmont and Naperville is closer to where I live so I plan to pick it up there. I’d rather do it there as I plan to use a fine tooth comb going over it and I’d rather not have someone at my house waiting while I do. I will update as my window approaches. So excited and so nervous at the same time. It’s been a long and winding road getting to this point. My hope is for no surprises.

What does Tesla do in situations like this where the glass is cracked or the car is dented. I find reports of this deeply troubling and plan to do a very detailed inspection before taking the car home.

I assume that Tesla will repair/fix these issues at no charge. For the price of a Model S, the thing should be darn near flawless. I’m willing to accept some of the well documented minor build issues, but dents and cracked windshields is completely unacceptable to me…
Found a dent yesterday when taking delivery, SA said to take a pic and schedule a service appt via app. As long as u r not over 100 miles u r covered.

Reactions: rdmdriving