Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So my EDD changed today from 2/10-2/24 to 5/1-5/29. I was not following closely (as I thought the car would never arrive) until I received a text to prepare for delivery on 1/10 when my window was 1/15-2/14. After a weekly call to Tesla and a 2 week window. I sold my car and obtained financing. One advisor said they thought my car would be built 2/3 and then ~11 days to ship. From those that have experience this what do you think the chance my car arrives mid Feb? RN1151 -- I also had a rep indicate no one at Tesla knows until a VIN# is assigned. Which one is it?
So long story short... SAs don't really know anything until you have a VIN. That being said, based on your RN I would say Feb-Mar is realistic? We're seeing a lot of RN1151 and prior orders being filled (just got my VIN Monday, RN1150). But your guess is as good as mine when it comes to the VIN Monkey...

anyone tried Vroom?
I used Vroom for my GLE63s. The customer service was bad, the timeline they projected wasn't even close. However they did give me the best offer out of Carmax(2000), Carvana(3000) and Tesla(8000). My advise would be, if you're flexible with the timeline(I'm retired) and don't mind prompting them to do their jobs you can probably make out a little better with them. There were times I was wishing I had just dropped it off at Carmax truth be told.

Last edited:
Reactions: rdmdriving
Did you get your "birthday"? Mine came off the line 31 Jan. I know... feels like forever and there are still a lot people waiting. Hopefully this is a sign for us pre-launch orders.
This is a useful data point. Car built 1/31 VIN assigned next day. Hence the conventional wisdom that VINs are assigned after car is built these days likely to be correct.

anyone tried Vroom?
I just sold 2 cars in the last couple weeks to Vroom and it went smooth for both transactions. Once the offer is accepted it took them a day to send ppw to sign and 1-2 days to schedule a pickup. Once the car was picked up the money was deposited within hours. I’ve also sold to carmax and carvana in the last year. They do move faster than vroom but unless you’re impatient vroom has been offering some great prices. Between the 3 I’d sell to whoever is highest and not worry about what people say.

Hello, guys. I’m picking up my new Model S on Sunday. I had placed a second order for a Model S long range. That one is blue with cream interior, 21 inch wheels. I’m not going to use the second reservation, unless I decline my delivery on Sunday. I just received a VIN for the second one. It is NF469. Not sure if it is transferable, but I am willing to try it with the person with the longest wait time. I don’t want anything in return, just some good karma!! If anyone is interested, let me know.

Hello, guys. I’m picking up my new Model S on Sunday. I had placed a second order for a Model S long range. That one is blue with cream interior, 21 inch wheels. I’m not going to use the second reservation, unless I decline my delivery on Sunday. I just received a VIN for the second one. It is NF469. Not sure if it is transferable, but I am willing to try it with the person with the longest wait time. I don’t want anything in return, just some good karma!! If anyone is interested, let me know.
I have a Blue LR on order with 19" and black interior. I have an 1153RN- what is the price point on that one you have?