Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
New development in the refreshed taillights saga:

Tesla just posted a new page on their website with the following image:

View attachment 766988

As you can see, the new taillights are definitely there along with the larger charge port door. Also, the OG Plaid badge is coming back??
These lights are definitely going to be making an appearance in the next couple months. I suspect early as next month but latest April/May.
We might even log in one day to see a February delivery with these lights, you can't be too sure with the way they make these changes lol

Just got my vin. RN1153 ordered in July.

5YJSA1E55NF

Delivery date Feb 24-27

A couple questions for the folks here if anybody can help:

1. Tesla saying it’s time to pay. I’m planning to finance. I applied to DCU last week but haven’t heard anything. Anybody have any experience on timing for that process? What’s the next best option that’s faster (assuming DCU is gonna be too slow).

2. I assume it’s old headlights / taillights. You guys think it’s worth taking delivery? Or complaining and waiting longer?

Anything else I should be thinking about?

Curious about this. I have sold 3 cars through TRED. Two transactions were flawless. Third one they rectified issue quickly.

What happened in your dealings with them?
They failed to promptly pay off my loan. They held more than $80k for almost three months, caused me to miss two car payments (which I did not even know about because my car was supposed to be paid off). Failed to provide updates to me and almost put me in default with my bank.

Also has the wrong mileage my DMV paperwork, so I had to redo that as well.

Other that that, totally smooth.

Reactions: JakesterMcZap

5YJSA1E55NF

Delivery date Feb 24-27

1. Tesla saying it’s time to pay. I’m planning to finance. I applied to DCU last week but haven’t heard anything. Anybody have any experience on timing for that process? What’s the next best option that’s faster (assuming DCU is gonna be too slow).

2. I assume it’s old headlights / taillights. You guys think it’s worth taking delivery? Or complaining and waiting longer?

I'd wait it out as long as you can, personally... Seems like it's imminent.

5YJSA1E55NF

Delivery date Feb 24-27

1. So - I heard back in 1 day. Call the toll-free number and get a call-back request as there is usually a 2 hr wait and it may be best to call early in the morning when they open. They were able to get me all documents docusigned within 24 hrs and mailed the check to Tesla with next day delivery.

2. Depends on your situation and after 9 months of waiting I was ready for mine and it wouldn't delay it 1 day. The front lights would be a nice to have for me, but I needed a car as my son had turned 16 and I was tired of sharing the car. I can tell you for a fact that you will love the car regardless of the lights on it. Thing is amazing and worth the wait!

Reactions: Nealw98 and GrnSqrl
New development in the refreshed taillights saga:

Tesla just posted a new page on their website with the following image:

View attachment 766988

As you can see, the new taillights are definitely there along with the larger charge port door. Also, the OG Plaid badge is coming back??
Update: Tesla has removed this image from the event page and replaced it with the current Model S design

1. So - I heard back in 1 day. Call the toll-free number and get a call-back request as there is usually a 2 hr wait and it may be best to call early in the morning when they open. They were able to get me all documents docusigned within 24 hrs and mailed the check to Tesla with next day delivery.

2. Depends on your situation and after 9 months of waiting I was ready for mine and it wouldn't delay it 1 day. The front lights would be a nice to have for me, but I needed a car as my son had turned 16 and I was tired of sharing the car. I can tell you for a fact that you will love the car regardless of the lights on it. Thing is amazing and worth the wait!
Why did you decide to send the check to Tesla? I am paying half by cashier's check and other half thro DCU financing. I was planning to get the check at my address and bring both checks on the delivery date. Did you pay everything before taking delivery? DCU approved and was planning to send the Docusign that night and send a check the next day. I told them to hold as I still don't have an exact delivery date even tho I have a VIN and it seems like the car won't even be in Rockville before Feb 18th. So i am going to ask for the check next Monday or later.

Reactions: kaleychica