Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Mine now has narrowed to a 5 day window Feb 27 - Mar 2; but no call from the SA or anyone at Tesla except to upload insurance. Do you folks just take a start of date of policy as Feb 27 for ex; and submit the papers? I am still trying to fig out the best way to finance it as well. My Credit Union has competitive rates.
Once you get your VIN and have your delivery appointment, here's my advice:
1. Contact your insurance company and make the policy effective starting the day you are picking up, you can then upload insurance information to the app, you don't have to do it any sooner than that.
2. Get your financing setup, your CU will provide you with a "funding document" that you upload to Tesla which they submit on the day you pick up your car, to get the funding.
3. Go to the payment page in the Tesla app and setup a connection with your bank/CU for the ACH payment of your down payment, much easier to do in advance than when you are at the SC picking up. Don't submit your down payment until you've reviewed the final Sales Agreement, and looked at the car.

Hope this helps!

Got a Vin today! RN1154, LR MSM 19". I called support, and they told me it has the Pirelli tires. These are summer tires, right? He said he would call the service center to see what they could do, and would get back to me. Any suggestions on what I should do? I do not want tires that are unsafe to drive in cold winter in NJ. Has anyone had success with Springfield NJ fixing this? If they insist, should I refuse delivery, and what if the next car that comes in also has summer tires?

Really frustrating to have this issue after waiting so long.

Got a Vin today! RN1154, LR MSM 19". I called support, and they told me it has the Pirelli tires. These are summer tires, right? He said he would call the service center to see what they could do, and would get back to me. Any suggestions on what I should do? I do not want tires that are unsafe to drive in cold winter in NJ. Has anyone had success with Springfield NJ fixing this? If they insist, should I refuse delivery, and what if the next car that comes in also has summer tires?

Really frustrating to have this issue after waiting so long.
Pirelli is just a brand. You need to ask which tires they are in order to figure out of they're summer tires or AS.

I'd avoid calling support and contact Springfield directly as early as possible to get the swap to AS tires arranged if it isn't coming with them. They can do it for free for the 19" wheels if they have AS tires in stock.

I used to encourage people who had any reason whatsoever for wanting to decline a delivery to do so under the impression I'd then move up in line. It doesn't really work that way. They just end up being assigned another VIN after a short while as I continue on my long wait. So whereas I'd like to be sympathetic and politically correct, it's honestly WHATEVER.

• Funny
Reactions: aerodyne
Long time lurker and avid reader of this thread. I thought I was soooooo close to getting my VIN. With RN1152, I was in the Feb 10-24 window, SA contacted me about updating my trade-in info on Tuesday, I saw the same config I ordered pop up in Atlanta inventory on Thursday, all I need is my VIN! I crossed my fingers and refreshed the app this morning. EDD is now May 11 - June 08. If that date sticks, it will be almost a year from ordering. Elon was 100% when he said the Model S is your own personal roller coaster... 9 EDD changes and that last one made my stomach drop. Congrats to the recent VIN recipients. I'm thankful for this thread.
MePaleo, the exact same scenario played out for me....Chicagoland, RN1151, Model S Black ext, White int. My EDD was Feb 9-24, got a call on Feb 8 to update trade-in information if interested for pending delivery and boom Thurs morning my EDD moved to May 6 - June 3. Im not sure if I really want the car at this point but the challenge of trying to obtain a VIN keeps me hooked.

Long time lurker and avid reader of this thread. I thought I was soooooo close to getting my VIN. With RN1152, I was in the Feb 10-24 window, SA contacted me about updating my trade-in info on Tuesday, I saw the same config I ordered pop up in Atlanta inventory on Thursday, all I need is my VIN! I crossed my fingers and refreshed the app this morning. EDD is now May 11 - June 08. If that date sticks, it will be almost a year from ordering. Elon was 100% when he said the Model S is your own personal roller coaster... 9 EDD changes and that last one made my stomach drop. Congrats to the recent VIN recipients. I'm thankful for this thread.
Damn. U snagged the black on black? I was waiting for customer service to open at 9:00!!!!

Popped in on the delivery and found my car . Old lights but I still love it .
RN1448 made in April 21

Attachments

• 40D0515D-C18E-462F-8E3E-24A9F0E81667.jpeg
    40D0515D-C18E-462F-8E3E-24A9F0E81667.jpeg
    549.5 KB · Views: 114
  • 5749AA77-FEBA-4CC9-BACD-1246D63204D0.jpeg
    5749AA77-FEBA-4CC9-BACD-1246D63204D0.jpeg
    359.8 KB · Views: 63
  • 44AC59D2-BEB6-4DC7-BD0F-5D19F2DAD5E1.jpeg
    44AC59D2-BEB6-4DC7-BD0F-5D19F2DAD5E1.jpeg
    460.2 KB · Views: 68
  • 923461A0-FC07-44BD-B802-91B32C57248D.jpeg
    923461A0-FC07-44BD-B802-91B32C57248D.jpeg
    477.6 KB · Views: 72
  • DE7B8E54-D508-472F-B415-ED42A56A1AA2.jpeg
    DE7B8E54-D508-472F-B415-ED42A56A1AA2.jpeg
    478.9 KB · Views: 57
Once you get your VIN and have your delivery appointment, here's my advice:
1. Contact your insurance company and make the policy effective starting the day you are picking up, you can then upload insurance information to the app, you don't have to do it any sooner than that.
2. Get your financing setup, your CU will provide you with a "funding document" that you upload to Tesla which they submit on the day you pick up your car, to get the funding.
3. Go to the payment page in the Tesla app and setup a connection with your bank/CU for the ACH payment of your down payment, much easier to do in advance than when you are at the SC picking up. Don't submit your down payment until you've reviewed the final Sales Agreement, and looked at the car.

Hope this helps!
Thanks a ton! It surely does. I didn't realize KY had such high insurance; moved here a few months back. Sigh!

Pirelli is just a brand. You need to ask which tires they are in order to figure out of they're summer tires or AS.

I'd avoid calling support and contact Springfield directly as early as possible to get the swap to AS tires arranged if it isn't coming with them. They can do it for free for the 19" wheels if they have AS tires in stock.
My 2022 MS LR MSM/B 19" came with Pirelli pZero summer tires, I decided to keep them since Seattle area rarely has snow, and we're on the upswing to nicer weather!

Hi - I just got a VIN today NF469. What should I do since the VINs people are getting now are 471. Does this mean it was rejected? Should I postpone? I need help from folks.
I doubt there is anything different from the two VINs. They are only a couple weeks apart. If you need / want the car now I would definitely go inspect it and you will likely be a happy owner of a new Model S. Nobody knows about the new headlights or tail lights as this is all speculation. In my opinion I would likely accept any VIN in the new year at this point.

You always have the right to reject the car after inspecting it so I would at least do that.

I doubt there is anything different from the two VINs. They are only a couple weeks apart. If you need / want the car now I would definitely go inspect it and you will likely be a happy owner of a new Model S. Nobody knows about the new headlights or tail lights as this is all speculation. In my opinion I would likely accept any VIN in the new year at this point.

You always have the right to reject the car after inspecting it so I would at least do that.
Thanks! While I want the new lights, I‘ve waiting long enough. 😳

Thanks! While I want the new lights, I‘ve waiting long enough. 😳

The SA said that they had a customer who had the same configuration that decided not to go ahead so they assigned it to me. It is here at SLC already.