Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
EDD update this morning. 4/3-5/1. Also spoke with call center yesterday, only info provided was "your order is showing an estimated delivery of 5/1-5/29". Had a couple of questions for the actual Tesla location. Very nice gentleman indicated that there is a big push end of quarter and they tend to deliver a lot of cars in the last two weeks of the quarter. Slim chance of receiving in Feb but March is a possibility.
Another week another EDD update, now 3/1-3/27. I would be very pleased (after all of the changes) if the car arrived the first week of March. Not sure I really want to get my hopes up though as this is a large EDD window.

Reactions: JakesterMcZap
So, am I the only one getting depressed about trading in their Model 3? I stood in line for the reservation for this baby and she still looks brand new! On the other hand, I don't have a need to keep it unless I give it to my teenager to drive, which seems like a really bad idea even if we locked it into Chill Mode.
Keep it. It is the one of the safest cars on the road. Chill mode and set max speed. I plan to give our M3P to our son when he turns 16 if the Cybertruck slow cybertruck has not arrived yet. Luckily I have 16 more months before he turns 16.

Very quiet in here the last few days….wish we were seeing more VINs. Feels like less…

Edit. This is also annoying. seeing my exact build in inventory. :mad:

1645041585495.png

Reactions: JakesterMcZap
You can ask them to ship it to you for a fee and if it's still available. That happens to be my local SC and almost my build except I don't want 21's.
Yeah I am not really interested in paying an additional fee or jumping through a ton of additional brain damage trying to coordinate that with my service center.. I also do not see it listed on the actual Tesla site so I am not sure if it is available.

Just received the call from Tesla about a possible trade-in (I don't have one). He said the car was on the truck to my delivery facility, but I do not yet have a VIN.
ordered Aug. 1, 2021, MS LR Blue/black/19/no FSD/ St. Louis delivery; EDD: Feb. 23-March 9

Similar ish situation here. Got a call about a trade in. Was told the car is "on a truck today from SF to LA." No VIN yet with an EDD of Feb 17-28. We will see what happens I hope we both get VINs and a delivery soon!

Just picked up my car. There was a bit of a wait at the service center because there were 2 more customers waiting to pick up their vehicles. It was a smooth pickup process. Car is in great shape, and no flaws for me to nitpick about. The "worm" in the yoke is there, but it is barely visible. Seats, panel gaps are fine and I have nothing to nitpick there. Car had Continental all-season tires on it. The privacy trunk cover was missing and they said they will ship it. Wait time for it is about a month. There are numerous photos from other members about their cars, and I am posting some pics of the center console, and a view of the yoke from the side that shows how far it is from the dashboard. I have set the yoke as far back as it goes. The center console is very spacious with a lot of room under the sliding cupholders. Fit and finish are great, and there are no squeaks or rattles. The display is fast and quick to respond. It comes with Spotify, SiriusXM and Tidal in addition to Tesla streaming, so I am pleased with the choices. The phone key works fantastic with my iPhone. The single pedal driving is just joy compared to my previous 2018 Model S.

I was most apprehensive about the yoke and to my surprise it is not an issue at all. Just a bit of a learning curve, and it is actually fun to use. The buttons for turn indicators have a slight learning curve as well, but it is so minor that all my fears about the yoke are now gone. I am very pleased with this car.

The 8-month wait was frustrating, but to Tesla's credit their delivery team were polite, nice and also expressed frustration that Tesla customers had to go through all the waiting pain.

I just drove it for about 3 miles so far, and will post more as I get some time to enjoy driving it more.

2 trucks arrived with new Model 3 and Model S cars while I was waiting.

IMG_0383.jpeg
IMG_0384.jpeg

IMG_0392.jpeg

IMG_0386.jpeg
IMG_0387.jpeg
IMG_0388.jpeg
IMG_0389.jpeg
IMG_0390.jpeg

Last edited:
Just picked up my car. There was a bit of a wait at the service center because there were 2 more customers waiting to pick up their vehicles. It was a smooth pickup process. Car is in great shape, and no flaws for me to nitpick about. The "worm" in the yoke is there, but it is barely visible. Seats, panel gaps are fine and I have nothing to nitpick there. Car had Continental all-season tires on it. The privacy trunk cover was missing and they said they will ship it. Wait time for it is about a month. There are numerous photos from other members about their cars, and I am posting some pics of the center console, and a view of the yoke from the side that shows how far it is from the dashboard. I have set the yoke as far back as it goes. The center console is very spacious with a lot of room under the sliding cupholders. Fit and finish are great, and there are no squeaks or rattles. The display is fast and quick to respond. It comes with Spotify, SiriusXM and Tidal in addition to Tesla streaming, so I am pleased with the choices. The phone key works fantastic with my iPhone. The single pedal driving is just joy compared to my previous 2018 Model S.

I was most apprehensive about the yoke and to my surprise it is not an issue at all. Just a bit of a learning curve, and it is actually fun to use. The buttons for turn indicators have a slight learning curve as well, but it is so minor that all my fears about the yoke are now gone. I am very pleased with this car.

The 8-month wait was frustrating, but to Tesla's credit their delivery team were polite, nice and also expressed frustration that Tesla customers had to go through all the waiting pain.

I just drove it for about 3 miles so far, and will post more as I get some time to enjoy driving it more.

View attachment 769949View attachment 769950

View attachment 769948

View attachment 769951View attachment 769952View attachment 769953View attachment 769954View attachment 769955
Did that cup holder rubber insert come with the car? Just wondering, because mine didn’t.

Reactions: chrisdh79

View attachment 769948

View attachment 769951View attachment 769952View attachment 769953View attachment 769954View attachment 769955

Looks great.

I don’t mean to offend anyone (aspiring and actual photographers). But not one picture of the interior that I have seen do it justice.

It is amazing how fabulous this car looks live vs digitized.

Last edited:
Did that cup holder rubber insert come with the car? Just wondering, because mine didn’t.
Its evidently a running change.... Another thread out there about how small the cupholder is now and the rubber insert is part of the reason....

Don't even have my S yet but had already ordered a few accessories, of course one was an aftermarket rubber insert that looks like I now won't need....

Reactions: chrisdh79

View attachment 769948

Great photos and congrats! Is there a cigarette lighter plug in the center console?

View attachment 769948

Are there any vents near the dash? Those that took delivery of the car where do you mount your phone? TIA